From Afar

Behind the Spotlight

MYUNGSOO'S POV

After Architecture 101, Suzy's popularity skyrocketed. You can see her on almost every show, her face on various commercials,billboards, you name it. But I can't help but feel like this my chance of being with her is getting slimmer each day. It's not that I am not happy for her, I really am. I mean, how could I not be? The girl of my dreams is already reaching her dream...I just wish that someday I could also reach mine. I think you know who she is. 

"Yah! Your favorite person is on TV" Sungyeol said. 

"I know you dummy, I have eyes." -_-

"You know I'm just teasing you, besides it's so obvious! Whenever you see Suzy, I can already see you spacing out. You look at her as if she was the one who created the stars in the sky."

"Thanks Sungyeol!" I said sarcastically.

"Anytime bro!" 

So if you're wondering if she agreed to our "movie date"...well I think it's a date, I just dont know if its the same for her. The answer would be

 

 

How about I just tell you what happened

FLASHBACK (3 MONTHS AGO)

"Hey Suzy, Do you wanna watch it with me? My treat."

"Oppa, are you really asking me to watch my own movie?" She said trying to contain her laugh.

"Why not?"

I am really hoping she'd say yes.

"I don't want to, it's embarrasing. I'm sure you would make fun of me once you saw my face on the screen." She said sadly.

Why would she even think that? Me? I'm her number 1 fan, I don't even care if the movie is good or not because once I see her face on the big screen...everything will not matter. 

"No, I'm not. I am not a bad person Suzy. You worked very hard for the movie, I'm sure it's gonna do well. Besides I have been hearing good reviews so don't stress yourself." I said in hopes of uplifting her mood. 

"Sorry I'm not usually like this, but I can't help but worry about what people are going to say about me. You know how they treated me when they didn't like my acting on Dream High right?"

If only I could hug her right now, but sadly we're just talking on the phone.

"You know what? Don't care about other people. Focus on yourself, you fans, and the people who loves you.Dont ever doubt yourself again okay? I know that someday, you are going to be a big star and they will all regret how bad they treated you."

"Thank you oppa. Don't worry,when I become a big star...you'll be there right beside me." 

AM I DREAMING? DID I HEAR IT RIGHT?

"W-what did you say?" 

"O-of course, you're going to be a big star as well, you pabo!" 

Oh. 

"So, are you accepting my offer?"

"Kaja!"

AT THE MOVIES

"Yah oppa, where's my popcorn?!!"

"Shhhh. You're gonna get us caught" I said while fixing my disguise which is a fake moustache and a pair of glasses. It's not exactly the look that Im going for when I'm out with the girl I like but this is probably for the best since we need to be very careful.

"Mianhae oppa"

"It's okay.Come on, let's get you some popocorn!"

------------------------------------------------

We are at a park right now just wasting time since we both didn't want to go home.

"How was the movie? Did I do well?" Suzy asked me excitedly.

"Eh I still think the kiss was unnecessary." 

"Oppa, it's not even that bad."

Well it's bad for me, 

"The movie would be so much better without it." 

"You're just jealous" She said teasingly. I know it was a joke but that hurt a lot. Because no matter how much I try to deny it, I know deep inside my heart that what she said is true.

"You wish." Lie.

"Oppaaa, when did you start liking me?" She kept on teasing.

 "I won't answer that because I never did." Another lie.

Right from the moment I saw you, Suzy. If only you knew.

"Don't worry oppa, you secret is safe with me. Besides, if you would just tell me the truth then this conversation is over. Wait, you're blushing again! When will yo-"

"STOP! Stop saying that I like you when I really don't. You're not even that pretty anyway. Besides, I already like someone. I have taste when it comes to girls." This is probably my biggest lie.

Damn. I shouldn't have said that. 

"Okay.Sorry I won't bother you anymore." She said while walking away

"Suzy wait! I didn't mean it!" 

"No it's okay oppa, I get it."

She's still not stopping

"Would you please stop running away and just talk to me." 

Chasing after her is not easy. This girl is so damn fast.

"Leave me alone oppa."

"Just hear me out please"

She stopped. Finally!

"Okay I'm giving you 30 seconds"

"What?!" That's impossible. This girl is impossible, but what can 'i do? I love her,

"Hurry up,you're wasting my time"

"Okay, first of all I'm sorry if I yelled at you. I was just pissed at you for teasing me constantly but I know at the end of the day, I'd still choose you teasing me rather than you not talking to me at all. Second, I won't take back what I said about you not being pretty because honestly, the word pretty doesn't even do your beauty justice.Not even close. Sorry if I made you feel unspecial with what I have said earlier.And I am so sorry for that, because you deserve the world, Suzy."

My heart was beating so fast I feel as if I just ran in a marathon but I think my heart died when she hugged me right after.

"You pabo...what are you doing with my heart?"

You're wrong suzy because I should be the one asking you that. What are YOU doing with my heart?