A Little Background~

Invincible Youth

Han Mi-Young Pov:

I am so happy. I just heard that there is going to be a new show starting up soon, "Invincible Youth". My friend Minjung told me that it is consisting of some of our favorite K-pop artists. There are just rumors of course, we have to wait until the show begins to find out who will be on it.

 

I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Han Mi-Young. I am living in the Ulsan Province. It isn't the most exciting town to be in. I attend Ulsan Meister High School where I am currently a senior at. Ulsan is a slow moving area to live in, not much to do when bored. I plan to graduate and move to Seoul to go to my dream college, "Korea University".

 

Korea University is a private research university located in Seoul. It was established in 1905, making it the oldest institution of higher education, here in South Korea. Korea University is widely regarded as one of the top universities in the country. I read up on this university and it has been my dream ever since I can remember. I know that it is a really hard school to get into, the acceptance rate was something about 17.8%. The pictures online make it look like a castle. I used to imagine myself as a Princess in a crimson and gold dress living in a castle, maybe when I dreamed of this the castle was really Korea University. It makes since, the school color is crimson.

 

Korea University

 

 

I used to talk about going to Seoul all the time, until my mom complained about it. Apparently if I move to Seoul I will "lose my roots" and "become a city girl".

 

The only good thing about living out in the province is that I have a chance to meet Invincible Youth. Who am I kidding? They aren't going to come by here, they would probably film over at Jeju province or Gangwon province. Even if they come to my home town to film, I still won't have a chance to meet them. Most people in my school have been talking about Invincible Youth. The rumor is that some members of So Nyuh Shi Dae (Girl's Generation) is going to be on the show. This is enough to gather everyone's attention. The girls in Snsd are the girls that every girl wants to be and every guy wants to be with. I know some girls that would even date the girls of So Nyuh Shi Dae if given the opportunity. Minjung is more of a fan of 4minute. She thinks that Hyuna is the coolest person on the whole planet. Even the teachers at my school are excited about the new show.

 

Minjung

 

We had to each create a list with the female K-pop artists that we hope would be on the show. I have so many favorites that I struggled to really get names down on the paper. I wrote Taeyeon from So Nyuh Shi Dae, Hyomin from T-ara, Hyorin from Sistar, Narsha from Brown Eyed Girls, Jiyoon from 4minute, Ailee, and Kahi. I didn't know how many Mrs. Park wanted us to name so I just picked seven. These are the ones who managed to pop into my head first. 

 

These aren't my only favorite artists, these are just the ones that I think have a higher chance of being on the show. I like Nine Muses Moon Hyuna. Nine Muses isn't that big of a group yet and a new show like this wants views so they might not risk it by showing groups that not many peope know of.

 

I almost forgot to talk about my cousin Minji. She lives in a two bedroom apartment in Seoul. We talk about how when I graduate I can get a ride around Seoul from her and her roomate. She is a lawyer at the Kim & Chang law firm. Kim & Chang is the largest law firm in South Korea, with over 500 attorneys.

 

Minji

 

Her apartment is actually a really expensive one overlooking the the city of Seoul. Auntie payed for the first month of Minji's apartment while she was getting settled in. Minji had to find a new way for rent and decided that the only option was finding a roomate. The next day she went look for a roomate, hanging signs, and sure enough she got a call back. Minji set up a house showing with the woman on the other end of the phone call. They hit it off pretty well. The girls name is Eun bi, she actually works at the same law firm with Minji.

 

Eun bi

 

Eun bi is from a very wealthy family. Her father is known by everyone looking to be in the entertainment business. Minji has meet the boys from MBLAQ, SHINee, and BTS. Minji, like me prefers the girl K-pop groups over the male K-pop groups. Eun bi  and Minjung on the other hand like the male groups more because they have rougher voices and sing Rap and Hip Hop.

 

Eun bi offered to introduce me to some of the K-pop groups that she knows, but I declined. I'm at a point in my life where I need to focus more on my studies than on idols.

 

Korea University likes to enroll students who know how to speak more than one language. I can unfortunatly only speak Korean and a little bit of English. Eun bi said that when I get to Seoul she will teach me and Minji English, so that we can both improve on our skills.

 

They offered me the second bedroom in their apartment if I don't have anyplace to stay when I get there. I told them that I couldn't possibly take Eun bi's room but she told me that it was fine and that we could just sleep out on the couch. I had to accept the offer because I knew that I couldn't possibly come up with enough money to get my own apartment and afford college.

 

Minjung is here to pick me up for school. I have to go, she hates it when we are late to class. One time I woke up late and she had to wait outside in her car for me until I finished my shower, getting dressed, and eating breakfast. When I got in her car she complained the whole way to school. We entered the classroom and hoped to sneak in but sadly she banged into a table and Ms. Park turned around so fast I think that she almost got whiplash. Luckily I was already in my seat and didn't get noticed. Minjung though, she got scolded all class period. I tried to tell Ms. Park that it was my fault that Min was late but she wouldn't let me talk and told me "Not to make excuses for her". Now she calls me every morning to make sure that I'm awake when she is.

 

Even though me and Minjung are friends we like to have friendly competitions. We are the two students in our whole school with the highest scores and grades. We are always trying to one up each other. We are similar in many ways. Minjung is sort of like a sister for me. We are both planing to attend Korea University. We do everything together. She is one of the closest people to me. Minjung, Eun bi, and Minji.

 


First chapter of a new story! How is it? Should it be longer? Please comment! ~

Love,

Danielle