XV. Years without him

♥ More than FRIENDS but less than LOVERS ♥

~Chapter 15~

 

"OPPAAAAA!!!!" I bolted up and hugged him while crying a lot.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for this time to come." I hugged him tighter.

"Hyunji, I was looking all over for you. I came back for you and to find you!!" Minhyuk oppa hugged me back.

"Where were you?!" I asked as I feel his warmth and pinched myself, just to ensure that I ain't dreaming.

"My hyung brought me to America and lived there." he sobbed.

It's not a dream, he's really here.

/ Flashback /

"Hyunji, let's spend the night here first, I'm sorry we haven't ate dinner today." Minhyuk oppa sobbed as he lead me to an old bus stop, probably not used for a long time already.

"It's okay oppa, I understand our situation. We've been like this for almost a month already, thank you for not leaving me after all what happened and for taking care and protecting me despite our hungry and painful stomach." I sobbed.

He smirked as he drag a box out from nowhere and laid it on the floor to serve as our bed for tonight.

"Ya! Stop being so dramatic. It doesnt suit you." he joked.

"Ahh oppaaaa~ I'm being serious right now!!" I shouted.

* thunder sounds *

"Oh gadd, are you kidding me?" Minhyuk oppa shouted.

It's raining really hard now.

I'm cold and shaking.

"Hyunji, are you okay?" he asked me in concern.

I smiled and nodded.

"Come, lemme keep you warm." he pulled me into his arms.

We lied down and he was still hugging me tight, my face is pierced on his chest, it was so warm.

"Oppa, I can hear your stomach." I giggled but it feels painful that Minhyuk oppa is obviously starving and yet he thinks of me.

He stayed silent.

"Oppa?" I looked up and found him sleeping.

I took a deep breath as I burried my face back to his chest and fell asleep.

~ ~ 

"Oppa?!" I woke up when I felt Minhyuk oppa shaking.

"Oppa? Oppa are you okay?!" I bolted up and touched his face.

"Oh my gosh oppa, your temperature is high! You have a fever!" I shouted.

"Oppa!!!" I was helpless.

He just kept on shaking.

"Oppa, I'll go get you medicine, wait for me here, okay???" I was so worried.

I kissed his forehead and ran.

"Excuse me? Can I have even a bit of money? I really need it, my oppa is sick and we don't have anything." I kept on repeating on every people I see.

Nobody seem to pay attention to me and I started crying.

"Please help me!!" I shouted.

Again, nobody helped me.

I was so desperate that I decided to steal on a pharmacy that I went in to.

"HEY!!!" someone shouted.

Caught. RUN!!!

I ran as fast as I could, with just the medicine on my left hand.

"Please, just let me go. I need to help my oppa!!" I kept on shouting while they hunt me.

"STOP!!!!" someone who was running after me demanded.

HELL NO.

I've seen Minhyuk oppa across the road, I ran towards him.

"Minhyuk oppa!!!" I shouted.

They caught me.

"NOOOO. Let go of me!!! PLEASE!!!" I was crying and begging.

"There's my oppa! He really need help, please, if you're going to take me to the police, I will come, just please let him drink this medicine first or take him to the hospital. Pretty please." I cried as I begged.

"Don't take her, please. I have no one but her." Minhyuk oppa stood up, shaking and tearing.

"Everything's my fault, please let her go." he begged.

"Minhyuk?" a voice behind me called.

"Hyung?" Minhyuk oppa answered.

Hyung?

I looked back and he was one of the people who were chasing me.

What? Hyung? I'm confused.

The guy ran into Minhyuk.

"He's my younger brother that I've been searching for. I will bring him to the hospital!!! And that girl, bring her to the police!!!" he demanded as he pointed at me.

I cried.

"No no no hyung. Please, no." Minhyuk begged.

Next thing I knew, someone lifted me already and I was to be brought on the police station.

That was the last time I've seen Minhyuk oppa.

I never heard anything from him again.

/ End of flashback /

* on Minhyuk's POV *

He called my name, I knew it was her even before I looked at her.

I can't believe it.

"Hyunji, I'm here now, shhhh." I tried to calm her like the way I do when we were younger.

"Oppa, you came back." she was still sobbing.

Aww, she's still the baby that I've been taking care of before. She never changed.

"Yes, I did. I'm so sorry Hyunji for leaving you like that. I don't know how will I make it up to you but I spent my whole life with guilt and regrets for leaving you behind, and knowing that you were in that situation because you were just trying to save me." I hugged her tight.

She havent spoke but her crying became louder and harder, she was already shaking.

"What happened to you after that day?" I asked cautiously.

Tell me, Hyunji.

She pulled out from the hug.

"You don't know?" she asked with a little bit of sarcasm on her tone.

I shook my head and looked down, I just cant look straight at her thinking that I left her in the dark, alone.

She sat down on the same bench and zoned out. I sat beside her.

"When you left ... " she started talking, while looking from a far.

"When you left, I was brought to the police and was prisoned for a short period of time. It was said that your brother bailed for me but I never had the chance to get a news about you. I don't know what happened to you." she softly said.

"Where did you go?" I asked.

"Anywhere. I just, walked and sleep on streets, like what we did. But I was just alone." she bit her lips as tears roll on her cheeks.

"I was so helpless, I never knew why life needs to be that harsh on me. Taking you and my mom away from me at almost the same time frame." she cried.

I bowed as I heard her pour out the hurts in her heart.

"But then, an old couple walked pass by me while I was crying because of how hungry I was that day. They offered me food and they decided to take me home. That was the time when I had a new family, finally." she answered as she smiled.

"I grew up in their embrace, they had no kids but they were rich. They fed me, raised me, and sent me to an exclusive school. I was the valedictorian when I graduated middle school and high school. They were really proud and happy for me." she stopped talking.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I almost forgot, I had a new friend. He's like you, he cares for me and protects me no matter what, he's just a bit more playful and carefree than you, maybe because he's almost around my age, we're not as matured as you yet." she giggled.

I'm so happy that she didnt just had a family, she had a friend who could protect her too, and maybe love her as well.

"He was always there for me. Until the time came, on my 2nd year in a university, my father got sick and died. My mom was so sad and got depressed, sick and died adter 3 months as well." she bit her lips again.

"I thought, is life really playing games with me? Yes, I got all their riches and business but what are all those money without them." she sobbed.

Oh no, Hyunji had been into a lot, she's such a strong woman, she overcame all these and is in front of me now, still living her life, still kicking.

"My friend was there for me though, so it wasnt as sad." she looked at me with her eyes, twinkling, as if she's in love.

"Where is he then? I wanna meet him!" I smiled and held her hand.

"You will soon. Not now though. He cant remember me and he hates me." she confessed.

"What? Why?" I asked surprisingly.

"He saved my life. I was about to be hit by a big bus but he shoved me at the sidewalk and he was hit instead. Now he cant remember anything, even me. And he saw visions on his mind about those time but seems like his visions weren't clear. He thought I intentionally put him in that situation." she took a deep breath.

"Seems like life loves me too much. I lose my mom, you, and now seems like I'm losing, him, Sungjae." she looks into my eyes.

"I'm here now Hyunji." I pulled her into a hug.

She stayed silent.

"I will never leave you again." I added a remark.

* on Hyunji/Your POV *

His hugs are warmer than before. We really are grown ups now.

I can't believe I've told him everything that gives me a hard a time.

"Thank you for coming back oppa." I whispered.

"I'm sorry I'm late." he answered.

"You were just in time." I hugged him even tighter.

He kissed the top of my head.

At least I don't need to deal with all of these alone.

I'm with my knight and shining armour already.

I will be protected and I will overcome all these with someone holding my hand already.

Peniel oppa was a really good help but I still needed someone and thank God, Minhyuk oppa came back.

He's seriously .. just ... in time.

-- to be continued --

A/N Sorry for the lame update~ things will go better on the next chapters ;]