Final

Summer Love

We were one of the people who plan on going on a vacation. My parents decided we should visit my grandma in China telling me that it’s been a long time since we last visited her and that my grandma misses me so much. I agreed since I miss my grandma too, and her place is so peaceful and calm. It also has the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen. So I went to my room and started packing my things.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

The next day, I was woken up by the rough shaking of my mom telling me to get up and get ready. I told her five more minutes but she just yelled at me.

“Kim Jongdae! I’ve been trying to wake you up for more than ten minutes, so you better get your off that bed or I’ll throw all your album collection! I’m not even joking!” I suddenly open my eyes upon hearing the word ‘album’. I looked at my mom but she just burst out of my room, slamming the door behind her.

I scrambled out of my bed, fix it, and went straight to the bathroom. I’ve only spent 30 minutes there because my mom keeps on nagging me about being late on our flight. I go back to my room to grab my things and went out to join my parents.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

After more than five hours, we finally arrived at Beijing Airport. I inhaled deeply, feeling the cool breeze, when I heard a slightly loud scream of ‘they’re here!’ I snapped my head to the direction of the voice and I laugh when I saw my grandma literally running as if she’s not on her late 60s. I notice someone trying to keep up with her but I didn’t mind him because my grandma hugged me, almost crushing me to death.

“Mom, let him go. He can’t breathe.” Dad jokes.

“Oh! I’m sorry dear! It’s just that the last time I saw you, you were little, and now look at you! Handsome as ever!” Grandma said, hugging me one last time.

“Mom, who’s this guy standing here awkwardly? Do you know him?” Mom asks as she kisses Grandma.

“How rude of me! This is Yixing, Zhang Yixing. He is one of my neighbors. He insists on driving me here.” She turned to Yixing, “And this is my family. This is my daughter, Sunny. Her husband, Onew. And their only son, Jongdae.” She then leaned in and whispered, “He’s gay, just so you know.”

“Grandma!” I shouted, blushing deeply.

“Hi! Nice to meet you. You can call me Lay.” He said, stretching his hands. Dad shakes his hands, Mom hugged him, and I stare dumbly at him. He’s just so perfect. His eyes, nose and lips. Not to mention his dimples! Such a gorgeous person.

“Hello! Earth to Jongdae!” Mom shouts, waving her hands in front of my face.

“I’m sorry! I’m Jongdae, but you can call me Chen.” I shake his hands and bowed.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

The entire trip to my grandma’s house is a chaos, as always. Having such a hyperactive parents is kinda tough, you know? Dad insists on driving, so Lay has to sit beside me. All the time I was looking out the window, enjoying the beautiful scenery that I didn’t notice Lay trying to talk to me until I felt a slight tap on my shoulder.

I looked at him and he flashed me his dimpled smile, melting me inside. I tried to compose myself and speak, “W-what is it?” Why the hell did I stutter?!

“Nothing. You seem so absorbed at looking outside that you didn’t notice that we’re here.” Lay points outside.

I looked out and was shocked, “Ah! I’m sorry!” I said as I scurry out of the car.

Lay laughed, “It’s okay.” He helped me with my luggage and went inside the house.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

The days passed. We visit several beaches, historical places, took photos, eat foods and bought souvenir as gifts for everyone back home. Since we’ve been doing it for the last five days, I decided to just stay at home this time. My mom allowed me to (I’m thankful for that). I need some time alone.

When they finally leave, I went straight at the backyard. I was so fascinated at the view. It overlooked the whole city but you can also see mountains not far away.

“Liking what you see?” I nearly screamed, startled by the one who just speak. I turn around to see who it is.

“Goddammit Lay! Don’t ever do that again!” I said as soon as I see him. He just laughs at me and I glared at him.

We don’t really know each other very well but I feel so secure when I’m with him. He took my hands and pulled me closer to him as he started walking. He stopped at an old tree and my jaw dropped at the sight I’m seeing.

“It’s much more beautiful at night. This is my favorite spot here. You should come by later.” Lay said, not looking at me but still holding my hands.

I cleared my throat and he looked at me, “Y-you can let go now.” I said, my cheeks turning a shade of pink.

He let go of my hands, his cheeks blushing too, “So?”

“I’ll try, if I don’t have anything to do later.” I smiled.

“Okay. I’ll be going now. See you later!” he started walking back to the house.

“Okay. Bye!” I waved at him.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Hours passed and I feel like my heart is going to pop out of my chest because of its rapid beating. I don’t even know why I’m nervous! Maybe because I’m meeting with Lay later? Okay I had to admit, I have a crush on him. I mean, come on! That guy’s perfect! I bet no one can resist him. 

I tried to calm myself before I went outside the backyard. I heard a faint strumming, I followed it and it led me to a back view of a guy singing while playing the guitar. I stood there listening to him but suddenly he stopped.

“Are you just going to stand there?” Lay said as he carefully put his guitar down.

“How did you--” I didn’t even get to finish my sentence when he grab my hands and pulled me down.

I fell right into his lap and Lay is kinda hugging me right now. “Uh Lay, what are you doing?” I said as I try to wriggle my way out of his grip.

“Please, stop moving. Just.. Just let me hug you for a while, please.” Somewhere in his voice, I can feel loneliness, so I stopped moving and let him hug me for as long as he wants.

We stayed like that for like half an hour, no one talking. But then, someone has to break the silence. “So, what’s wrong? Do you want to talk about it?”

He looked at me and nods. I found out that he misses his mom so much because he hasn’t seen her in a while. That his boyfriend broke up with him last month (Boyfriend? He’s gay too? Yey! Oopps). And that he isn’t going to be attending school for a year because of financial problem that’s why he has to work at a nearby café. Hearing all of that, I feel sad for him so I hugged him again and I told him that I’m always here.

He whispered ‘thank you’ right into my ear and I shivered. I suddenly remembered the position we’re in and I immediately stand up. I looked everywhere, ignoring Lay’s gaze. My eyes landed on the view I have seen this afternoon, and Lay was right, it’s much more beautiful at night.

“Wow! It’s beautiful!” I exclaimed, earning a chuckle from Lay.

“Told ya.” He proudly says, standing next to me. “Thank you again.” He reached for my hand and squeezed it.

“You’re welcome. You can come to me anytime you want to talk,” I squeeze his hand back.

We stayed the whole night talking about random things, laughing. I don’t know what we are but the moment feels perfect, and I don’t want it to end.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

It became a habit for us to meet every day and we spend the whole two months together. We would go to city and Lay would tour me everywhere. Or sometimes, we would just cuddle at the old tree at my grandma’s backyard.

“Lay,” I said one night as I lay on his lap, looking at the stars. He hummed and I continue talking, “What exactly are we?”

He stared at me and gave his dimpled smile, “What do you think?”

“I don’t know.” I said hesitantly. This means, I really don’t know if we are in a relationship because no one has the urge to take it to the next level. I tried to stand up but Lay stopped me, pulling me back to his lap.

“I don’t want to be your boyfriend yet.” I pout as he said that, “Why?” I asked.

“Because, anytime soon, you are going back to Korea and I will be left here all alone. I don’t want that.” Lay said, back hugging me and resting his chin on my shoulder.

“Then come with me.” I gasped when I heard what I just said.

“As much as I wanted to, I can’t. I can’t just leave my work, my mom and your grandma. She always needs my help.” Lay’s grip on my waist become tighter.

I sighed and turn around to face Lay. He then cupped my face and leaned in, kissing me. I was shocked but I didn’t push him away. I kissed back; causing Lay to stop for a while but didn’t pull back. No one deepen the kiss, just enjoying the moment together.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

The time has come for my family to go back to Korea, school’s starting in a week and I haven’t enrolled yet. My grandma is crying as she hugged us one by one. Lay is there also, accompanying my grandma. I looked at him and I can see in his eyes that he’s sad. I went by his side, hugged him tight and whisper in his ears, “Don’t you dare forget me Zhang Yixing! I’m going to hunt you if I ever heard that you’re dating someone! I know we are not together as a couple but still...” I said as I try to stop myself from crying, “I would be hurt so much.”

Lay hugged me tightly too, “You know I can’t do that right? I know we’ll be together soon. It will come. So until that happens, don’t ever date someone hotter than me.” He jokes, “I’m going to miss you, Kim Jongdae. You take care.” He hugged me one last time.

“I’m going to miss you too.” I said, kissing him on his cheeks.

“Hey, you two lovebirds, it’s time. We have to go. Goodbye Lay, bye mom!” Dad says as he started walking with my mom.

I hugged grandma one last time and return to hugged Lay one more time. I grab my luggage and followed my parents. I turn around and waved at them, and that was the last time I saw them.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

At the airplane, I sit on my chair listening to my phone, just wanted to get rid of my loneliness, now that I wouldn’t be seeing Lay anymore. I reached for my pocket trying to see if I have gum left on it but then the one I grab is paper. I opened it, read what’s inside, tears flowing down my face. I smiled and folded the paper and put it back on my pocket, making sure it’s safe. Then I went to sleep.

 

Chen,

 

“Had the best time, but now it’s the worst time. But we have to say goodbye. Don’t promise that you’re gonna write; don’t promise that you’ll call. Just promise that you won’t forget we had it all. You are mine for the summer, now we know it’s nearly over…”

 

I miss you already. T.T

We’ll meet again.

See you soon!

Wo ai ni.

Lay

 

 

 

 

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There you have it. 2000+ words of crappiness. >.<

Sorry if I didn’t make them a couple, I wanted to, hence the song. Ugh!

Forgive me?

Comment down what you think. Thanks guys!

Annyeong~