School Project

School Project

First day in a new school, it was never a nice experience for anyone, no matter how popular they had been in their previous school, they would go back to being a zero, a nobody, and Junjin hated that.

But he hadn't had much to say when his parents had decided to move, move far away, several kilometers, too far for him to attend his old school, too far for him to see his old friends.

now, he was at this new school, it looked like any other school he had ever seen really, except the other schools hadn't looked as terrifying, cause he wasn't the new kid in those.

well, kid and kid, he really wasn't a kid, he was 16, so you couldn't call him a kid, and his age was exactly why he was annoyed he had to change school, he was too old to change school, everyone had known each other since childhood, he was bad at talking to strangers, he was talkative, yes, but he liked staying back, listening, only talking when he had a good joke, or something funny to say.

Junjin entered the school, only just finding his classroom before the bell rung, and now he was there, in front of a whole room of students, feeling incredibly uncomfortable as he saw them whispering and giggling, no doubt discussing how he looked or acted.

One guy was particularly bad, he laughed louder than the others, he even pointed at Junjin, and he knew that he wouldn't like that guy one bit.

Junjin looked around the room, still waiting for the teacher to show up, he could see two empty desks, one beside a girl, she looked cute really, smiling at him, not talking to anyone, she looked shy with her long hair slightly covering her face, she looked away and fixed her hair when he returned her smile, she was embarrassed.

The other empty seat, Junjin had to avoid like the plague, it was at the corner at the very back of the room, next to the pointing rude guy. Junjin looked at the direction of the guy, he smirked slightly at Junjin, nodding his head towards the cute girl, mouthing some words Junjin didn't catch, god how he hated that guy already.

"Hello students, I'm sorry I'm a little late, but I see you've all met our new student, Park Junjin, please be nice to him" a small older woman entered the room, looking slightly confused, and very rushed, she grabbed Junjin's shoulder and looked at the class, Junjin caught her nodding in the direction of the pointing guy as she told them to be nice, great, as he figured, that guy was a troublemaker.

"Well Junjin, let's find you a place to sit shall we?" she turned to him, smiling very brightly as she pushed him towards the class slightly, nudging him to the right side of the room, away from the cute girl's desk.

Junjin saw the girl turning her head slightly, she looked a little desperate, like she was about to tell the teacher to let him sit at her empty desk, but she wasn't going to speak, so Junjin had to.

"Can't I sit there?" he pointed to the empty seat, feeling the teacher stopping her pushing and looking with him.

"Oh Junjin, I'm sure you will have a much better time sitting next to Andy, he is extremely talkative" so that was his name, Andy, what was that guy's deal, having a fancy English name, he was clearly just as Korean as the next student.

The teacher pushed him again, and he turned his head to get a last glimpse of that girl, she looked sad that he was leaving, and he knew he looked desperate too, they must have looked like a couple getting separated when the Titanic sank or something, definitely an embarrassing start to his new school adventure.

"So... you hoping to get with Minah huh? Not a chance in hell... she has a guy already" he looked at the guy, Andy, he wasn't even looking at him, he just looked at his stupid pen, smirking, yup, he wasn't going to like this guy.

The day went by slowly, incredibly so, Junjin caught glimpses of Minah looking his way, she was really cute, shy, he liked shy girls, cause he was shy himself, so, he was more manly if he was with a shy girl.

"... and you can do the project with your desk partners..." Junjin had been zoning out, what was the teacher talking about? what were they doing with their desk partners?

He looked at Andy, hoping he had been listening, he saw the paper on his desk, dam that guy was studious, how was he so studious if he was a bad guy? Andy looked at him, he probably sensed Junjin's glare. The guy raised an eyebrow, begging Junjin to tell him the reason for his starring.

"What happened? I wasn't listening..." Junjin managed to whisper, and the guy answered "project... we are to choose a part of American history we find exiting, and do a presentation about it, there has to be a creative product too" the guy seemed so, nice even, not arrogant, maybe the guy really cared about school and grades? Well too bad for him, Junjin was crap at English, so this was going to be a nightmare for both of them.

school was over and everyone were leaving the room, Minah was talking and giggling with some other girls, Junjin wanted to go over to her, present himself properly, but as he stood up from his desk, he felt a hand on his arm, keeping him in place.

"You are going with me home today, we are going to plan that project thoroughly, there's no way I'm failing English because my project partner is blinded by love, and can't take notes to save his life" Andy looked at him, he looked angry, but in some way, Junjin knew the guy was joking too, trying to be friendly, he probably just wasn't that good at being friendly.

So that's how Junjin ended in front of Andy's home, they had been quiet all the way, Andy hadn't talked, and Junjin didn't know what to say, so he kept quiet.

"We're here, my parents aren't home by the way, so we can stay in the living room, it's easier to do work there, more room" Andy explained as he opened the door, revealing a clean and white apartment, everything looked very new and modern.

"Leave your things here" Andy sounded nonchalantly, it was clear from his voice that he was taking charge, he was on home territory after all, and he knew already that he would lead this project.

"But don't I need my school bag?" Junjin managed to ask before the guy had left him "What for? you took no notes, you just doodled and wrote Minah's name" Andy tsked, how annoying that guy could look, really, he noticed the guy seemed more annoyed when it was about Minah, was he in love with her too?

Junjin followed the shorter guy to the living room and sat down beside him, watching him empty the entire bag onto the sofa table.

"Let's get started with the planning" Andy sounded determined, happy, and Junjin could only gulp, he was going to die.

Five hours passed and Junjin swore he would kill himself on the spot if he had a gun. This project was horrible, Andy had everything planned, like he had waited for this project since he was six, and he kept going on and on about things Junjin had never even heard off. Worst of all, Andy never needed a break, he didn't drink, he didn't pee, he didn't eat, nothing, he just, talked, he kept on talking.

Andy's parent's were on a business trip, so they were gone all weekend, and Andy had made Junjin call home to ask his parents to let him stay with Andy all weekend so they could work, to Junjin's massive disappointment they had happily agreed, praised him for making friends even.

"I'm hungry..." Junjin bemoaned, he felt like he would fall asleep any moment now, but his stomach prevented him from doing so, it hurt, and Andy had to eat too at some point.

"Oh, we can make something to eat if you want? let's go" Andy sounded so bright, like a totally different Andy from the one he had seen that morning.

They were in the kitchen, again, a think Junjin at, cooking, again, a thing Andy was good at.

Junjin watched the smaller guy with fascination, he was chopping as fast as any mom he had seen, Junjin only took care of not letting the stew burn, he had the easy job, stir the pot, Andy didn't dare letting him do more.

"Is it done soon?" Junjin asked, impatiently, he needed food, and while Andy wasn't looking, he dipped his finger in the food, he just wanted to taste it a bit.

"!!" Junjin threw the spoon, stew flying everywhere. As he had dipped his finger in, a big bubble had formed on the stew, exploding and hitting his arm with scolding sticky redness.

Andy dropped his knife in a second, rushing to Junjin's side, grabbing his arm and pulling him towards the sink, turning on the water and sticking Junjin's hurting arm under it.

They stood like that for a long time, Andy had taken the stew off of the stove, saving their dinner, but he hadn't left Junjin's side after that, he had a firm hold of Junjin's arm, it was a little strange to Junjin, surely he didn't need help keeping his arm under water, but he didn't dare telling Andy he was allowed to let go.

"You are really my hero Andy, saving me from that volcano, I guess I should learn to control my hunger huh?" Junjin joked, feeling like it would lift the mood, but Andy didn't laugh, rather, he looked a way slightly. It must have been because of the heat from the stove and pot, but Andy's face looked very red, it made it look like he was blushing.

They had finally eaten after Junjin had ensured Andy that his arm didn't hurt anymore, the dinner had been very silent, it was as if Andy had been embarrassed to talk after Junjin had burned himself, but after the dishes, Andy had regained his sense of talking, he went on and on about doing a mini paper mâché cave, and decorating it with finger paintings to fit their theme of the native Americans. They would buy the needed materials tomorrow, and then start right away with that, truthfully, Junjin was looking a little forwards to this, it wasn't as hard as English, and he did think himself not too bad at drawing.

Andy had calmed down after he was sure Junjin knew what was going on, and after that, Andy had told Junjin to follow him to his room, they were to make sleeping arrangements so they could sleep early, so they could wake up and continue their project. Any other day, Junjin would have found Andy boring and old for sleeping so early, but frankly, Junjin was exhausted, he had no idea where Andy got his energy from.

"I, ehm, I only have my bed, but, you can sleep on the couch in the living room if you want?" Andy was looking at him, eyes hard to read, but he clearly wanted Junjin to give him an answer. Earlier, Junjin's dad had come by with some clothes and a toothbrush for him, so they only had the problem of sleeping arrangements left. Andy hadn't told him they didn't have extra pillows or blankets, so Junjin hadn't brought any, and sleeping on the couch would mean nothing could keep him warm, while sleeping in Andy's bed meant at least a shared blanket, and another person's body heat, and they were both guys after all.

Junjin jumped in Andy's bed, that had to be answer enough, as he pulled the covers over himself "hurry up and jump in Andy, or I'm taking your bed to myself" Junjin laughed at the smaller guy, but again, Andy wasn't moving or laughing, was Junjin that unfunny? Or could Andy not understand a joke?

"I'll take the couch then" Andy spoke up, smile on his face as he went to leave the room.

"No don't! there's loads of room for the both of us, look" Junjin shifted to the side to emphasize the huge spot left beside him "besides, I'm a great cuddler, you're missing out by not staying" he laughed again, finding his joke hilarious, but Andy's eyes just shot to the ground as he said goodnight and left. What just happened?

It was an hour later or so, and Junjin couldn't sleep, he hadn't told Andy, but actually, he couldn't sleep at other peoples houses if he was alone, and Andy's room was looking more and more scary to him, he was wondering, was Andy even asleep?

Junjin got up from the bed, bringing the covers around him and the pillow in one hand, walking slowly towards the living room, the place was completely dark, and completely silent, except for one sound, teeth chattering.

Junjin stepped into the living room, he knew Andy was on the couch, he could hear him, but Andy didn't seem to notice him, he had to be asleep.

Junjin stepped closer, he could barely make out the shape of Andy, his eyes were closed, he was definitely asleep.

Junjin wanted to ask him to sleep with him in the bed, but he couldn't, not when Andy was already asleep, it was rude waking him, so he just took the covers off, put them on Andy, and went to the hall grabbing his coat, he could sleep with that and the pillow on the living room floor.

"Oh my god Junjin, are you ok?!" Junjin was slightly confused as to where he was, and who was talking. he finally got his eyes to open up, and he was met by a pair of big worried eyes, it took a while for him to remember who they belonged to.

"Why are you on the floor?! Are you ok?! You should have stayed in my bed, I was fine sleeping here alone!" Andy was rambling, so early in the morning, and he was already rambling.

"You might have been alright, but I wasn't, your teeth were keeping me up, making noises like that, we are sleeping in your bed tonight, cause your floor is hard" he laughed, or tried to, his voice was still groggy, and he could feel his whole body being stiffer than normal, colder too, but the jacket had helped.

Andy looked at him with a smile now, a genuine smile, it looked like the smile Minah had given him, cute and embarrassed. Junjin found himself smiling back, it almost felt like Andy was coming closer to him, but suddenly he was gone, and Junjin sat up to see what had happened. Andy was going to the kitchen, he must have been hungry.

Junjin got up from the floor completely, he went to put the jacket back where it belonged, and when he came back to the living room Andy was there at the dining table, food in front of him, a bowl waiting for Junjin, he really could get used to living with this guy.

"So if I hold this wire, you'll put on the papers, ok? Andy questioned again, making sure Junjin knew what was going on. They were making the cave now, they had everything set up, now it was just slapping on the papers, and Junjin had looked forwards to this.

"Ok, I just put it on like this, right?" Junjin took up a piece from the bucket, putting it neatly on top of the cave skeleton they had made out of wires.

"Yes, that works well, just keep doing that" Andy was serious, it was actually kind of fascinating seeing the guy so focused and serious.

"So, if I do, this?" Junjin took a piece and crumbled it up slightly, making a ball "...It won't work, right?" he smirked slightly as he clearly saw Andy's eyes twitch, either because he was worried where that ball would go, or because he was suppressing his anger towards Junjin not taking the project seriously.

"No, and don't fool around, we need to get this done so it can dry, so we can paint it grey so we can..." Junjin cut Andy's ramblings off as he landed the gooey ball on his shoulder, earning an utterly amusing shocked open mouth expression from the smaller guy.

Junjin couldn't hold in his laughter, even though he tried "oops?" Junjin tried, lifting his shoulders and hands, not looking sincere in any way, as he giggled profusely.

"I'll give you oops" Andy said lowly as he chucked the goo ball at Junjin, hitting him square in the face, Junjin's giggling stopped, but Andy was just beginning.

Junjin wasn't laughing, and it seemed like Andy was afraid that he had crossed the line, the smaller man started laughing again as soon as Junjin picked up a new piece of paper and chucked it at him, Andy dodging it this time.

Soon they were both more or less covered in goo and paper pieces, and the skeleton was far from ready.

"Ok ok, I give up, you won Andy" Junjin threw both hands in the air as Andy was about to throw a big lump of ruined goo paper at him.

"You sure Jinnie? I'm not done yet" Andy smirked and raised the goo higher. Junjin put both hands in front of him as a sign to stop, and Andy threw his goo to the side. Junjin didn't know why, but he felt extremely warm and pleasant at that nickname, Jinnie, it was nice coming from Andy's mouth.

That day seemed to pass by extremely fast compared to the day before, this day, actually seemed too short, Junjin had enjoyed everything that day, Andy's ramblings about ancient cave paintings and how Junjin should make them to be authentic, seemed so intriguing, it was fun even, and Junjin had never found school fun before, he really enjoyed Andy's company, both when working, cooking and relaxing, they seemed to do everything together, and Andy was great at telling him what to do.

"So, Andy, are we sleeping in your bed tonight? Or am I going to have to cuddle up to you in your couch? Cause I'm not sleeping on that floor again" Junjin laughed slightly, but Andy looked uncomfortable, embarrassed really.

"I... we can sleep in my bed, but stay at your side!" Andy was unnecessarily angry at him, what could he do, push him off of the bed? He had no clue why Andy cared so much about personal space when he slept, but if it was important to him, Junjin would respect it.

"Sure, I'll be a good sleeper, I won't take the blanket to myself, and I'll even let you have the pillow, ok?" Junjin smiled, trying to seem friendly, not that he wasn't friendly, but Andy just seemed scared to sleep with him.

"Fine, whatever..." Andy sighed as he climbed into the bed first, Junjin quickly climbed after him.

"No Andy, not whatever, I really will be nice, seriously, pinky promise and everything, we are friends now right? I like you, we should be comfortable around each other" Junjin tried getting Andy to listen, but he had turned his back to him, and even if Junjin sat up, Andy just wouldn't let him see his face, no matter how much Junjin tugged at his arms, trying to turn him around.

"Andy? I'm sorry if you don't think we are that close, I know we just met each other, but, you are so easy to like, you really are my only friend here, and I really do enjoy your company"  Junjin felt scared, what if Andy disliked him? He was forced to be with Junjin to begin with, so he could just be acting nice to get the project done, maybe their feelings weren't the same at all? Maybe Junjin was the only one who saw them as friends?

"Jinnie?..." Andy's voice sounded weak, probably tired, but still, incredibly weak, it was like, like he was trying to do an exam he hadn't read up on.

"Yes? Andy..." Junjin answered him as quickly as he could, again moving so he could see Andy better, Andy had been lying still all along "Jinnie, just sleep ok?..." Andy sounded more calm, but still, it sounded like he was about to cry, did that make sense?

"And I do like you Jinnie, very much..." it was almost a whisper, maybe it wasn't meant for Junjin's ears, but it still put a big smile on his lips as he lied down and closed his eyes, waiting for sleep to take him.

Junjin opened his eyes, it was morning, he could hear Andy's breathing besides him, it sounded very heavy, he was asleep. He tried to make a move, he wanted to get to the bathroom, but as he tried moving his arm, he felt it being restricted.

He looked to his side, and there Andy was, cuddled around his arm, leg on his, looking like he was in deep sleep. Andy had lost the blanket on his legs, but he had the whole blanket on his chest, covering his head slightly. He looked so peaceful, Junjin liked that look on him, relaxed, not angry for nothing, not bossing him around, just, relaxing.

He really needed to pee though, so he was conflicted, he wanted to pee on one hand, but on the other hand, he couldn't resist hugging Andy closer. Junjin liked cuddling, he didn't have many friends who did, they said it was only for girls or for couples, but Junjin didn't care, he loved cuddling with anyone who let him, and Andy wouldn't care as long as he was asleep.

He let himself slip down again, getting onto Andy's level, he wrapped an arm over Andy, trying his best to pull him onto him without waking him. He managed to get Andy's head onto his chest, it felt nice hearing Andy's slight noises and breathing, and he could feel the smaller guy moving, hugging him back even, this was nice, it didn't feel that bad to have moved now, he couldn't have done this with any of his old friends.

Junjin liked lying there, it was nice, he could have done it all day if he didn't have to pee so badly, he really had to figure out a way to untangle himself from Andy. He tried moving an arm first, but he heard Andy's breathing changing, he began mumbling, he was waking up, and soon he would know that Junjin had broken his promise of stying on his side. Well, he really hadn't broken it, Andy was the one to climb on his side, but that didn't matter, it would shock Andy either way.

"...mmm Jinnie-ah..." Andy let out, it sounded like a yawn of sorts, it was definitely too late for Junjin to get out without throwing the guy off.

"... Jinnie, I really really really like..." Andy was stretching in his sleep and Junjin tensed up, knowing what was coming.

Andy suddenly stopped moving, turning his head upwards, eyes wide with fear, staring straight at his.

Andy shambles to the floor, getting up quickly, Junjin tries to follow him, getting his legs over the edge of the bed when Andy starts talking.

"Just... I'm so sorry..." Andy whispers, shaking his head as he runs out of the room, slamming the door and leaving Junjin more confused than ever.

An hour passes, two pass, Andy is still in the bathroom, Junjin knows he's alright, he keeps telling him he is every time he asks him to come out.

What did happen to Andy? Why would he run away like that? Was it a nightmare he had? Maybe Andy was scared he would drool on him? That's why he wouldn't cuddle?

He hears a click from the bathroom door, Andy is out, he runs to greet him, exited to know what happened, but Andy is just like he was the first day he saw him, unapproachable, the nice smiling guy, gone.

"Let's get this project finished" Andy states, coldly, as he walks past Junjin, not even eating the food he has made for him.

Hours go by like that, Andy being focused, not relaxing, only working. It's horrible, he doesn't react to any of Junjin's jokes, he throws his hands off if he tries touching him, he tells him it's ok to eat, but he won't eat himself, he just, changed, one day to the other.

"Andy listen, we need to talk ok?" Junjin took Andy's book, putting it too far away for Andy to reach it. Andy looks scared, visibly uncomfortable.

"Look Junjin, there's nothing we need to talk about, let's just do this project, I have something I need to think about, it's me, just let me deal with it" Andy states, still cold and unapproachable, but Junjin notices one thing in particular.

"Junjin? so, what happened to Jinnie? I thought you said you liked me?" Junjin yells back, a little too loudly, but he's annoyed, Andy is acting weird, he's as understandable as a girl right now.

"Just leave me alone ok? You clearly don't understand this, so it's better you just let it be, leave it here, I'll have dealt with it in some time" Andy sounds sad, determined but sad, he is looking at the table.

"No, Andy, I won't leave you, we are friends, and I really care about you, I like you, ok? And I want you to tell me what's wrong" Junjin moved closer to Andy, grabbing his shoulder, Andy tried moving but he was already at the furthest end of the couch.

"I can't tell you, it would ruin everything..." Andy looked up, he was blinking back tears now, what the hell happened that morning?

" Andy, no matter what happened to you in that dream, or what you did this night, or morning, I won't care, I told you, you are my friend" Junjin smiled, squeezing Andy's shoulder reassuringly.

"No, you don't get it you dimwit, I... I like you..." Andy was crying as he finally faced him, face looking so apologetic. Had he never had a friend before? was that why he felt so strongly about liking a person? He couldn't be the first person Andy wanted to be friends with, that seemed stupid.

"I like you too Andy, of cause I do, we are friends right?" Junjin smiled at him, wiping his tears away, but Andy just seemed to cry harder, even though his lips curved upwards.

"No, Jinnie, I like like you... I like you, like you like Minah... And I think you should leave now" Andy stood up, pulling Junjin with him, they went to the hallway as Andy gave him his jacket and his bag, and before he knew it, he was outside the apartment, not comprehending what had just happened.

Andy liked him? like he liked Minah? what had he meant with that?

It hit Junjin hard when it finally hit, Andy's behavior, his words, how Andy had reacted to his words, he finally understood it all. Andy was in love with him.

It was Monday morning, Junjin had been running late, he had woken up too late, overslept, so when he entered the classroom it was already full, Minah was smiling brightly at him, Andy was staring out of the window.

Junjin went to his seat, he noticed Minah's confused look out of the crook of his eyes when he didn't acknowledge her smile at all, he just wanted to get to his seat, he had prepared something.

Classes started, Junjin noticed Minah sending looks towards him, but he didn't return them, and he noticed how she slowly did them less and less.

Andy wasn't talking, he had bid him a good morning with no answer, and classes had gone by with Andy taking notes or staring at the blackboard, Junjin on the other hand, was busy with his doodling.

English class began as the teacher told each pair to discuss which ideas they had come up with over the weekend, Junjin knew Andy would have to look at him now, so this was the perfect timing.

"Look, let's just do this project and I'll leave you and Minah alone, honestly, she's a sweet girl, and you look good together" Andy took a deep breath before that sentence, Junjin could see him struggling to hold in his tears.

"Andy, i don't care about Minah... haven't you seen even one of my doodles?" Junjin smiled, nudging his notebook towards Andy, waiting for a reaction.

Andy's face freezes "this isn't a joke right? Cause if it is, I'll never forgive you" Andy looks up from the book, Junjin shakes his head.

"It's as real as it gets" he can't hold in his smile when Andy starts crying, this time, accompanied by a truly happy face, Junjin knows people will stare, but he still hugs the smaller guy close "I really do like you Andy, a lot more than I've liked any friend" he whispers in Andy's ear as the notebook falls to the floor, revealing a page filled with hearts and scribbles of Junjin <3 Andy.

 

 

AN: So this is my fic for my birthday, I'm still technically releasing it on my birthday, it's 23.57 my time :P And orangekath, I'm sorry I failed your request so hard OTL But I got so carried away, are you at least happy I made my first truly fluffy story? You guys have no idea how hard this was *breathes out* It was shorter than my other oneshots though, 5000 words here :D