How I Met Her

The Perfect Girl

March 2014

She was sitting two tables away, surrounded by her friends. I was sitting with my classmates, racking brains searching for the problem we would tackle in our research.

I didn’t notice her at first though, partly because of our work and partly because a scantily-clad transvestite whose silicon-filled chest might fall out of the tiny piece of clothing (s)he was wearing decided to sit at the table in front of us.

It was her bespectacled eyes that drew me in, me being someone who wore glasses as well. I felt my hands grow weak when I first saw her toothy grin.

Then she laughed.

Oh dear God in Heaven her laugh.

I swore I could hear it over the cacophonous noise of the foodcourt. I don’t know if it was selective hearing or just my insane and rather instant attraction to her that made me hear her angelic voice.

My mind then was split. Not very evenly I might add. Most of the thoughts running through my head were of the girl sitting two tables away. How she smiles while biting her lower lip whenever her friends say something funny. How she rests her chin on her right hand when she’s thinking of what to say next. How her eyebrows ever so cutely scrunch up when she doesn’t understand what one of her friends just said to her. How she brushes her hair behind her ears whenever it goes in front of her pretty eyes.

My classmates reprimand me for looking at her too much. I tell them I couldn’t help it because she was just so breathtakingly beautiful. But when I turned to look at her again, she was gone, just like that. I didn’t even get to know her name.

---

Author's Note: Yes, yes, I know this is kind of short. But don't worry, this is only the first of the many oneshots connected to The Perfect Day. The stories I post won't be in chronological order though, just to spice things up a bit.