It's not that long

it's not that long

Kibum was lying on his stomach on his bed, his eyes never leaving his phone screen and his long fingers never stopped typing. Today is his day off after a week full of activities with ToHeart. And today for the first time in forever Kim Kibum has nothing to do.

“Humpphh..” he stomped his feet on his soft mattress and buried his face on it “I’m so boreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddd!!!!!”

He already tried to call every contact in his phone, but everybody suddenly was busy that day. His duet mate Woohyun has a company meeting with his Infinite members, while Jonghyun was going somewhere with his sister and 2min has a soccer match with some staff and dancers from SM. He can’t go anywhere today because of yesterday’s “accident” where his manager abandoned him and let him be pushed. So here he is now, at the dorm all alone and bored as hell. He wants to play with Commdes and Garcons because it’s rare for him to be home all day, but his puppies chose to sleep in their comfortable house rather than play with their dad.

Kibum tapped his phone again, opened a message folder to search some certain messages from someone that never called nor texted him since his plane departed from Incheon a week ago.

“Doesn’t he miss meeee?? Humpphh..” he whined “I miss you old man.. Please comeback soon..” he sighed as he caressed his lover’s  picture on his phone.

It’s not like Kibum didn’t want to call or text him, his tight schedule made it hard to even read a message. Besides, considering that his lover was inside a deep deep jungle, it might be difficult for him to get any signal.  So he opted to wait until his lover comes out from that deep deep jungle and call him.

But patience has a limit. And now Kim Kibum reached his. He sat up and started typing.

 

          영감님

      (Old Man-nim)

                    When are you coming

 

He bit his lips and his heart is beating so fast. Kibum never knew that waiting for a reply can be this uneasy so he closed his eyes “Please, please please..”

Kibum almost drop his phone when he felt it buzzing. He took a deep breath before he unlocked his phone. Then he read the message

 

          영감님

      (Old Man-nim)

                    When are you coming

I’m here^^

 

Kibum’s feline eyes got wider when he saw that. He blinked his eyes a few times and read the reply again.

“I’m here?? HERE?? He’s at Korea now?? Wha- what??”

Without wasting time, Kibum opened the browser and searched it on green window -read: Naver- if it’s right that the leader already landed on Incheon. And there he is, a picture of his lover already flowing everywhere. Lee Jinki, 25 years old, is wearing his favorite branded cap, sunglasses, a track suit and slippers. Yes, a track suit and slippers.

Kibum was upset. He was so upset. Why didn’t Lee Jinki tell him that he arrived today? He did tell him when he went tho. And Kibum really really wanted to throw everything there, why is Lee Jinki always doing something without asking or telling him first?? Why?? Kibum took a deep breath, he didn’t want to be angry to his lover now, he might be tired after a long flight and maybe has a jet lag. So Kibum let the rage be gone and texted his lover back

 

          영감님

      (Old Man-nim)

                    When are you coming

I’m here^^

                   Did you have fun??

Then, Kibum decided to make a small revenge, he will tell the whole world that Jinki arrived today, tho he bet everyone already knew it. He screen captured Jinki’s message, opened his instagram account and posted it.  But he stops at the caption box, what should he write there?? He has an idea and started typing

‘Look, I would never have known his arrival was today if I did not text him’

Kibum bit his thumb “It’s too obvious, isn’t it??”

So he deleted it, and typed new words ‘I was wondering how he’d text from the jungle but his arrival was today ㅋㅋㅋ’

He smiled then touched the share button “Hehehe.. i won’t say sorry..”

Then his phone buzzed again.

          영감님

      (Old Man-nim)

                    When are you coming

I’m here^^

                   Did you have fun??

Eung, it is soooo fun ㅋㅋㅋ

Why bum-ah?? Did you miss me??

                  Who?? Me?? Anieyo..

                 Just like you said, I have a bunch of schedule

Really?? Good to hear that ^^

It’s not that long right??

Not long my , bickered Kibum. Does Jinki even realize a week without him almost made Kibum lose his oxygen supply every time he thinks about the older?? Did he do well, did he eat well did he sleep well.

                Are you going back home now??

Nah, I’m not Bum-ah

Minwoo-hyung asked me to go sauna with him

No, not again.

               Minwoo?? Shinhwa Minwoo-hyung??

               Now??

Eung, Why??

Why you keep asking why??

              Anieyo, when will you go home??

I don’t know Bum-ah, maybe tomorrow.

Mom just called me, she wants me to go home today..

And Kibum let his body fall down to his bed. He can’t blame Jinki for it. Knowing him more than 7 years, Kibum knew that the older never can say no to other people. Especially from someone that he respects. And for his mom, it’s a special case. She is the one that let his lover come out to this world, besides she has not seen him since the last day of the concert which was last week, well it’s the same for Kibum too but his mom is first priority, right??

Suddenly his head felt heavy, he never texted Jinki when the older was in Brazil and he didn’t know that Jinki arrived today. He closed his eyes, and felt warm tears fall down. Kibum chukled wiped his tears. Why is he such a crybaby, why must he cry over these little things??

“Hummphh.. pabo..”

Buzz

Bum-ah

You want to meet me??

              Ne?? It’s okay hyung. i have a tight schedule.

              I think i should go now, text you latter

              Bye hyung

Kibum sighed as he stood up and left his room. He smiled  when he saw his brown puppy running to him.

“Aigoo, you’re finally awake..” he squated and Commdes’  fur “Wanna go out with appa??”

He lifted Commdes up and kissed his nose. Kibum knows he didn’t get a permission to go out today, but  a walk around the park near his dorm won’t hurt right??

***

Kibum got in the elevator after walk with Commdes and Garcons. While waiting for the elevator to arrive at his floor, Kibum checked his phone to check if he missed anything. And he was right, skehehdanfdldi a.k.a Lee Jinki tweeted something.

 

이진기onew @skehehdanfdldi

맘 암홈

 

“Mam amhom??” Kibum chuckled and shook his head

He looked up when he heard a ding sound and stepped out from elevator to his dorm “So he is home already?? Should I call him??” Kibum murmured to himself.

He opened the dorm door and he felt that something was wrong. The lamp in the living room was turned off. Kibum was pretty sure every lamp was switched on because he didn’t like it when he opens the dorm and sees nothing.

“Jonghyun hyung..” he called out but there is no answer “Minho-ya?? Taemin-ah?? Are you home??” still no answer. Kibum looked down, seeing both his puppies seem worried as him “Ottokhae??”

Kibum held his puppies up “You two, don’t go far from me..”

His hand touched the wall, trying to find the switch lamp.

“Eh??” Kibum was shocked when the lamp and he saw a familiar luggage “Ah Minho-hyung -one of SHINee’s manager- must have come here..” he remembered that the manager called him before, asking where he is because he can’t find him at the dorm when he delivered the leader’s luggage there.

Kibum sighed “He is not here Kibummie. Stop thinking about it..”

“Whose not here??” a voice was suddenly heard from Kibum’s back.

Kibum snapped and turned his body, losing his grip to his puppies who thankfully landed safely on the floor.

He can’t believe his eyes when he saw the figure. Lee Jinki leaning in front of his room and his warm crescent eyes gazing at him in the most delightful ways and he can see that there is a deep longing there.

“Who’s not here Bummie-ah??”  

“Y-you, you said you want to go to your mom. B-but why??”

Jinki chuckled “You said that you have a tight schedule too..” he smiled as he straightened his position “I missed you..” he said as he opened his arms “Didn’t you miss me too?”

Without thinking twice, Kibum runs and hugs his lover tightly. He buried his head in his lover’s solid chest, inhaling a scent he had missed for a week. And finally Kim Kibum can breathe again, all of his worriedness, tiredness, sadness evaporated and became one with the air. Jinki hugged Kibum’s back and his hair softly, knowing about what his lover is feeling.

“Good job Bummie-ah, you did a good job..” said him as he kissed Kibum’s crown

Kibum didn’t say anything, he just hugged Jinki and felt comfortable when his lover his hair

“I’m sorry I can’t be here when you needed me..”

The feline boy shook his head, but Jinki was sure he heard a muffled sound from his lover. And when he feels wet tears on his chest, he tightened his hug.

“I heard about yesterday too, and I’m so sorry that I can’t protect you.. I’m sorry bum-ah..”

Kibum looked up and punched his lover’s chest “Stop saying sorry will you??”

Jinki laughed, and pinched his lover’s reddening nose “But you’re crying..”

“I’m crying because I’m happy.. aishh hyung, you ruined my mood..”

The older smiled and hugged Kibum again “I know, I’m happy too and I missed you so so- Ouch!!! Bum-ah, why did you pinch me??”

“Track suit and slippers for your airport fashion?? Seriously hyung, where is the suit that I prepared for you??”

“B-but the price was no lie bum-ah..”

“You think I don’t know how much this track suit costs??”

“But-“

Kibum raised his index finger and planted it to the leader lips, shushing him “No but.. Do you really want the media to blur your pictures again??”

Jinki pouted “I got it..” then smirked “My Bum..”

The feline one narrowed his eyes “Don’t you even-”

“Why my bum my bum??”

“Hyung, stop it..” said Kibum as he struggled to let Jinki’s hand go, but Jinki’s hold just got tighter around Kibum’s waist.

“Why?? Why can Woohyun call you like that while I can’t?? My bum??” teased Jinki more

“Old man!! Stop calling me like that or-”

“Or what?? You won’t let me sleep with Commedes again right, my bum??”

“LEE JINKI!!!”