The Night

Dead Roses

         The wind blows, the trees were shaking, the sound of footsteps.. running from deep in the dark forest of Heavens Village. The forest that were told was a home of mystical creatures - that visit just outside of the window of naughty girls and boys at night, that purposely messed up the gardens at the back of the villagers' house, and that gives such weird and daunting sounds-. 

 

  Someone was running. A woman with an infant in her arms. Scared, she ran away as far as she could. Deeper into the dark forest. Something was catching up behing them. Howling as the get nearer.

The lady found a mansion house. She knocks the door and not long after, someone answered. There stood a man, tall and young but really pale skin.

 

"Please. Help me. I need shelter just for the night. Have mercy" the woman said with worried voice. 

"I shall gave you shelter from 'them' but you must in return gave me something worth of a value as this mansion is not mine".

With no time and nothing she could think of in return for the young man, she offered something she never thought would do.

"I gave my life as a servant in this mansion to its master and to you, as long as me and my dear babe is safe from the creatures".

"Fine. Come in. Then we'll have a talk with my master".

 

The lady and the young man stayed for a while until the sound of the mystical creatures faded away.

 

"Come. Before we talk with my master, I think it is wise for you to end the night. I'll let the other maiden servants to provide you and your infant your needs for the night."

"Thank you. I'm truly grateful."

He walked the lady to a room. 

"Here. Well, you the one who offered to be a servant of mine and my master, I judge this room would be suitable for your status".

"Oh, good sir. Though I'm a servant, I think this room should belong to a princess. I couldn't thanked you enough. I will be at my best to serve you and your master". 

"Yes. Just don't thank me yet. It may be too soon but I must tell you. My master doesn't like unvisited guest.. I mean guests came talk to her when the day has shine bright, especially when they have slept without her permission in this house."

"Oh. Don't worry. I'll be up before the servants even start their chores. I promise."

"Fine. Then meet me in the kitchen at once after you have freshen up tomorrow. The kitchen is not far. Just turn right and down the stairs. That's all. I'll be going now".

"Thank you".

The lady put the baby on the bed and lay down beside the baby. 

"My dear. Finally. I'll make sure we're going to be safe and fine here. Stay strong and grow healthy my love. I promise I'll take care of you."

The servants came and gave the lady a cradle for the baby and other needs for the baby and a set of clothes for the lady.

As the servants closing the door for the lady, the lady thanked the servants and went to sleep.