When it’s tomorrow, I will wish upon a shooting star alone...

Blue Tomorrow [Oneshot]

When it’s tomorrow, you will leave my side
When it’s tomorrow, I will wish upon a shooting star alone
Just like the ending of a movie

So all those movies are based on true stories…I think to myself. Iwish life had a pause button. I want this moment to last forever… I don’t want tomorrow to come. Right now, we are sitting in comfortable silence, watching all the stars in the sky shine. My head on his legs, just lying there peacefully on the silky grass while I stare at the vast sapphire blue sky filled with shining stars, enjoying what may be the last moments we have together, as his hands are just combing my hair.

*Flashback*

“Minnie?” You say to me, “Can we talk?” Uh- oh, Sungmin, get ready… I knew this would happen sooner or later, I just didn’t expect it to be so soon. He walks into an empty classroom, yes we are in school right now. I have no choice but to follow.

“Im sorry,” He says once we get inside. “I’m leaving to Europe in three days.” That took me by surprise.

“W- w-what?” I ask, in disbelief.

“I’m sorry, but my dad got a job there…” He continues, “ I just found out today myself. I don’t know if I’ll come back to Seoul or not.” No, no, no! This CANNOT be happening! Why?.. Why me?!?! No, this is a dream. JUST a dream...!!! As much as I wish it were, I knew this was reality. Tears are starting to slide down my face one by one.

“Don’t cry, Minnie. Please, don’t cry! We can still talk to each other over the phone, email each other and webcam. I can’t bear to see you crying…” He says as he is on the verge of breaking down himself.

“Sungmin…” His voice cracks. His hand reaching my face, trying to wipe my tears away.. Knowing that I’ll never feel his warm hands surrounding mine as we walk to school and back every day, be able to smell his sweet scent from his 12LOVE cologne or having his arms around me whenever I need someone to talk to. He wipes my tears away and pulls me in for a hug, which only makes me cry harder.

 

*Flashback over*

 

We agreed to forget all the sad moments for today and just enjoy the moments while they last. I feel him staring at me and I tilt my head to look at his face. We stare at each other in silence, his dark chestnut colored eyes always seem to hypnotize me whenever I stare into them.     

“Kyuhyun…” I say as I break the silence.

“Hmmm?”

“Saranghaeyo… <3 “ I whisper.

“I love you too, Sungmin. Forever…” He whispers in my ear. “Never forget that, no matter how much distance is put between us.” I nod my head, letting no sound escape my mouth, knowing that if I do, I might start to cry.

Our ending fulfilled the prediction of tears
Broken promises all over the ground, the yesterday that cannot be pieced together again
But I still look forward to the appearance of a miracle, oh no

 

*Flashback*

            “Sungmin?” He walk into my room, probably hearing my muffled cries.” SUNGMIN! Why are you crying!? What’s wrong? Did I do something?”

“Kyuhyun…” I force out between my cries. He half- runs towards me, kneeling beside me, taking my face between his hands.

            “What’s wrong, baby?”

            “Seo…hyun…” I speak in a weak and whispered voice.

            “What?! What happened? Did she do this to you?” He says. I see his hands  tighten up into fists. “Im going to kill that ! How could anyone do this to my Minnie?!”

            “Kyuhyun? Do you love me?” I ask.

            “Of couse I do! Why do you ask?” He says, “Don’t you trust me?”

 

[ flashback in flashback]

Someone passes me a note... Who could this be from?

 

You do realize Kyuhyun doesn’t love you right? He’s never loved you, never has, never will. He’s going to leave you soon. He’s using you.  For me. You can count on it.

~Seohyun~

 

He’s never loved you, never has, never will… He’s using you… The words rung in my ear the whole day. I kept my tears in during school. I can’t let Kyuhyun see me like this! I leave the school right after the dismissal bell rings, leaving Kyuhyun to walk by himself.

[End of Flashback]

            I stay silent. I just pull out the note Seohyun gave me during class from my pocket and show it to him. My head is on my knees, still sobbing. He reads the note and rips it up.          

            “YOU BELIEVE HER AND NOT ME?!” He bursts. Realizing what he just did, he start to speak to me in a softer voice. “I cant believe I just said that. Please don’t cry Sungmin, whenever I see you cry, it makes me want to cry too. Please and Sungmin, I love you. I will love you forever, don’t listen to Seohyun.” He waits for my response.

*Silence.*

            “Sungmin, I will love you forever, I will always be there for you. I will never leave you.” He promises. “Please believe me…”

 *Flashback over*

 

 

~Next day~

 

            “I’ll miss you so much! I love you…” He whispers in my ear. He leans away from my ear just to turn his face 90 degrees to kiss the corner of my lips. “I’ll call you once I get there, okaay?! I PROMISE!” He says as he runs toward the entrance to the airplane. Don’t promise me anything…

 


 

Your shadow is drifting further and further away.
Without you, love starts to hibernate
Loneliness will occupy every day
 I still reminisce the past when we were in love
I’m still waiting for you to come back to my side
Tears are falling on the side of my cold pillow

Days turn into weeks and weeks turn into months. We’ve become more distant…I cry on my bed whenever I start to think of you. We haven’t talked to each other, on the phone nor email, for a month already. Stupid Kyuhyun! I hate you! Why did I have to fall in love with you?! I hit my head against the wall as I cry endless tears. I start to become distant to people around me, even my parents. I stay in my room as much as I can. Only coming out to eat… I ignore all the phone calls and greets from friends. I feel as if I can’t go on without the sight of you anymore… Waiting for you to come back, which would be a miracle if it happened.

 

I cannot stand each of the days without you, oh no

 

It’s been 10 years since the day you left…  We havent talked for a while.. I lost count on the days…I still havent forgotten you, boys haves asked me to go out with them numerous times but I’ve rejected every single one of them, just hoping you would come back for me. I know I should let go because you probably have too but I just can’t. No matter how hard I try. About 5 years ago, I got into a car crash, I got amnisia… I forgot everything but you. How is that possible, You ask? I don’t know, but it happened…

I’ve cut myself numerous times, my friends have given up on me, just letting me be… Even my parents…

One cloudy day, I go to a Sapphire Blue Club, the club I always go to when I have days like these. I sit in my usual spot and call for the bar tender.            

“The usual, please.” I say. He nods his head and walks away to get my drink. I skim the club and something, or should I say someone, catches my eye. A man, probably around the same age as me, sitting alone. He looks so familiar… I think to myself. My feel apparently have a mind of their own because they make me stand up and walk towards him.

“Hello?” Apparently my mouth and brain is like that too… WTF?!

“Hey.” The man replies, not even looking at me.

“I’ve never seen you here, how come?” I ask.What the hell,Sungmin?! You don’t just randomly ask people that! What is wrong with you?! I mentally slap myself.

“Oh, I just came back from Europe.” The mysterious yet familiar man replies.

“Oh, cool. What’s your name?” The questions just keep on randomly popping out apparently.

“Kyuhyun… Cho Kyuhyun. And yours?”  He replies. My whole body freezes... Could it be? No words come out of my mouth, I just stand there, dumbfounded.

            “You know its rude to-“ He turns his head and looks at me. “Sungmin?”

I love you, it will not change
I’ll be loving you till eternity

-END- 

 

[A/N- Should I write a sequel for this? And this is my first ever one- shot fic! Comments, critisism, subs are welcome!]