That Man

Zealous

Howon was lying in the hospital bed facing the window. He scrolled down his twitter feed and read the notifications left by his fans. Nowadays, he can't even count how many mentions he gets every hour in different languages, from different countries. He favorited one of the tweet that his fan tweeted to him. He looked at the fans' reaction and she was excited, happy and how she appreciated by one simple favorite from him. He used to be like his fans. With only one mentions to him, he would already be happy. More than the fan would feel towards him. He was the least known out of all members. He was that person. Howon checks on his Twitter regularly to see what his fans have in thoughts for him. 

But, he also checks his Twitter because, he was hoping he would found Jihye mentioning him. However, no one sounded like her. It was amazing for him, how he grew to love Jihye as a friend more than a fan. As time passed, he loved Jihye more than as friends. He wanted more. He wanted her by her side most of the time but witthout any reason, as his love towards Jihye grew bigger, she got further away from him. Every steps he took to love her, she took 2 steps away from him. He felt it. He knew although she didn't show it to him. 

--

Woobin was woking over time as usual but he was in his room and he stared in the distant. He was thinking of Jihye again. There isn't any memories of her without having Howon in it. Well there is but he only remembers himself doing everything he could to make Jihye happy. He didn't hate Howon because he was jealous. He knew the love he has for Jihye wasn't as blooming as how Howon loved her, like a flower that would wilt when the season's over. His love was from the start to the end. In his opinion, it was bigger than what Howon has for her. Not until Jihye left both of them. Woobin thought the person with the seasonal kind of love was actually Jihye. She would come and go. 

--------------------

"Woobin-ah! How will I be able to sleep tonight?" Jihye jumped in excitement.

"I wondered about that too." Woobin smiled looking at Jihye smiling. 

"It wouldn't have happened without you though." Jihye said. 

"So, what do you have for me?" Woobin was suggesting a free meal for the next 2 days for him but instead Jihye hugged him and kissed him on the cheeks. 

"I have no one else but you!" She said happily. 

Woobin was stunned but he was hoping the kiss would have lasted longer. He watched Jihye walking inside her house. Once she was inside, he smiled to himself. 

"I hope I'm the only one who you can depend on too." Woobin said and smile. 

---------------------

Howon looked at his mention and saw someone with the name 'Jihye' mentioning him. He got up and checked her profile without hesitation but it wasn't her, as expected. He recalled the night they met, he was shy but after the short message, Howon actually spent the whole night thinking whether he should just send her a message to tell her how he appreciated her for knowing him. His first fan. 

The next day, Jihye decided to go to school. She decided to take the route that would take her to Woolim ent before the bus stop she goes to. She just walked pass by and wasn't expecting anything much. Howon was walking to the company as usual to start his practice. He would always arrive an hour earlier and leave 2 hours after the other members. However that morning, he met Jihye again and as promised, he approached her first when Jihye was about to hide because she was shy. 

"You're Jihye right? We met yesterday." He said. "I didn't get a chance to greet you properly yesterday." Howon was as nervous as she was. He bowed to her and greeted her. He reached out his hand and offered a handshake. Jihye shook his hand and smiled. 

"I'm Jihye. Nice to meet you." Jihye said shyly. "I am, a big fan of you." She smiled. 

"Thank you so much." Howon said. "Well, you're probably my first fan. I thank you for supporting me." Howon said while he picked up gifts left infront of the doorstep of Woolim ent but none of those were his. 

As Jihye look at the gifts, she felt burdened as she didn't prepare him any gifts. She quickly grabbed her bagpack and looked for anything to give him. 

"I'm really sorry. Other fans prepared you gifts but I didn't." She was in panick. 

"No, it's okay. These are the members'." Howon said. 

"What about yours?" She asked. 

"Erm, I have never received one before but it's okay." Howon's words added more guilt to Jihye without him realizing it. 

"Oh erm, wait." Jihye was still looking for anythingg useful. Howon felt terrible because it was as if he's forcing her when he's not. 

"It's okay." He smiled and told her he's okay.

"No, it's okay. I must have something to give." She looked desperately for anything to give until Howon held her hands to stop her. "I am already, very very grateful for your support and to meet you today. You don't have to give me anything." He smiles earnestly to her. 

-----

Woobin waited for Jihye that morning. He knew he was going to be late but he was still waiting for Jihye. If it wasn't for Jihye's mom who saw Woobin standing in front of the door, he wouldn't have moved an inch. Jihye told her mom that she would meet Woobin at the bus stop. However, when he arrived at the bus stop, Jihye wasn't there. He looked around but still no sign of her. He decided to look through every alley and ever possible route she would take. He ran as fast as he could, the only thing he wanted to do was to make sure she's safe. 

Woobin walked down the familiar road that he always take after school to record songs that Howon sang for Jihye. The familiar road to Woolim. He saw Howon holding Jihye's hand from afar and he ran towards them. 

"What are you doing?" Woobin said with his deep husky voice while looking at Howon's hand on Jihye's.

"Oh, it's nothing to be misunderstood." Howon smiled. "Thank you! I must go for my practice now." Howon bowed to Jihye and smiled to Woobin. 

Woobin knew... he hated Howon from that moment. 

-----------------------------------

Woobin hates Howon. Every little thing about him. To him, Howon is just another arrogant guy who hurt every girl they met. That's his thoughts just because, well he's an idol. Good looking and all. Woobin walked out from his room to go and grab some coffee from the vending machine. As he was looking for coins from his coat, someone inserted coins into the vending machine, Howon. 

"Did you just do this on purpose?" Woobin was pissed. 

"No. Why would I?" Howon shrugged. 

Woobin realized Howon just pressed in for a coffee. 

"Don't ing take caffeine when you're barely sleeping! Damn it, you're so ing dumb." Woobin cursed. 

Even after hates, they sat and drank coffee together. 

"Jihye is just fine." Woobin told him before Howon started asking. "She's all well."

"...." Howon remained silent. "Did she changed her number?" He asked. "I have been contacting her lately but, it just felt like she didn't receive my messages."

Lie. He has been contacting her since debut. Woobin knew it too. 

"Maybe she doesn't want to read it." Woobin said and got up to leave. 

"Can I, just. know her wherebouts now? Maybe her new phone number or her recent pictures?" Howon looked down. "Just, because, you have always knew her better. Everywhere she goes, you'd be there. " Howon felt regretful. 

Woobin clenched his fist. 

"Why?" 

"Because I have been mising her." Howon said slowly. "Terribly." 

 

=========================================================================

It has been ages thus... I apologize T_T but please do comment and thank you for reading ♥♥