Chapter One - The Beginning of a Sad Story

Fault

AN: Hey I'm back and I'm taking a shot at a very different writing style so I hope you enjoy ~(^o^~)

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters I just own the plot.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

*HyungJoon POV*  

Most people had said that this kind of tragic event wouldn't happen in our small town. But it did. Maybe from this letter I'm leaving behind, this tragedy could be avoided in the future.

It started as a normal day. If it was any other day I would have met with my friend Kim Jonghyun. We were supposed to met each other at the park, but it was going to rain so I didn't go. I thought he would understand why I didn't come, so I didn't tell him why myself. Besides we have been friends for such a long time so it should have been fine. But it wasn't....... 

I want to pick up my little brother from his elementary school. On my way to the school I found that I forgot my phone at the house. I shrugged the thought off and I continued on. My brother was a little bundle of sunshine. No matter what was happening, he made it his job to brighten other's day. I thought I would never have to see her anything but happy. We were walking outside while he was telling me what he learned when it happened.

  I heard a loud whizzing sound go past me. I though it was just the wind, even if it was unusual. I felt a small pull on my hand, but it was gone in a instant. I felt nothing on my hand after that. I felt a strange feeling take over my senses. My brain's gears started to slowly turn. 'The hand that was holding my brother's hand feels light, too light.' I needed to look down, but something in the back of my mind said not to. I was so confused. I didn't know what I was so worried about. I knew if I looked down I would see my brother's big brown eyes, which would be full of joy, staring back at me. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard screams all around me.

I took the chance to look at my little brother. I wanted to see his happy eyes, but what I saw was a lifeless little boy on the ground with tears in his eyes and a bullet in his head. My mind went blank. All I could do was to stare into his eyes. I fell to the ground trying to speak, trying to yell for help. But nothing came out. Even now in the afterlife the look in his eyes still haunt me.

Growing up we only had each other. Our parents left us to fend for ourselves.But now the only family I had is now gone.

By the time I'm aware of what's going on, the shooter is walking toward me. Dead bodies line his path. My vision becomes clearer and I look at the man who murdered my little brother. He wasn't that tall nor was he very buff. He was wearing all black except the white blood stained hoodie he was wearing. He had a mask on. It was white; it had two dark holes for the eyes and a straight line for the mouth. He had a pistol drawn out and pointed it at me. Through the dark holes of the masks' eyes I saw the man's eyes. They were dark, but there was more than that. I saw hatred. This man meant me harm.

I heard a clicking noise. I looked up to find the man pulling the trigger repeatedly. I took that moment to run as fast as I could down an alleyway. I looked behind me to find the shooter had thrown down the gun and pulled out a knife. He then took off after me. We were running down the street. I looked back to find him right behind me. He lifted his knife; I knew he was going to strike so I made a hard right. I ran down the dark alley I had turned down. I knew he was behind me, I could hear his footsteps coming after me. I saw there was another turn so went left. When I turned left I ran into a wall 'I can't go this way. I have to go the way I came.' I stepped forward when the man turned the corner

I skidded to a stop and fell over in the process. The man stood over me, holding the knife to my throat. I tried to scream, I tried to call for help but I was to afraid to move. I needed to live, I had to live. I grabbed his arm and tried to pull away the knife. The man fell on top of me. We rolled on the ground trying to take the weapon from the other person.

I don't know how long we were fighting with each other. During our fight the knife flew out of our hands. I pushed the masked man back and crawled to the knife. I grabbed it and rolled so I was on my back. After I rolled I found the man getting up. Once he was on his feet, he staggered toward me. I got up from the ground and look at him. His once pure white mask was cracked in some places. Over the mouth and the right eye there was blood. At the time I found the sight sinister, but now I'm saddened when I recall that moment. If only I could have saved him......

I continued to stare at the man coming closer. But at that moment he looked more like a demon that was ready to take my soul. I saw him sway and he fell to the ground. He was like a turtle that was turned over. He struggled to get up. Eventually he seemed to give up. He stared up at the gray sky. I thought I was safe. I turned around and was about to run away but my brother's dead broken body flashed itself into my mind. I froze. I can't let him get away with what he did. He was so young; he had a full life in front of him. He took it away from him. He has to pay, HyungJoon.

With hatred in my soul I turned and walked to the man staring at the sky. I had to make him pay. I raised the blade in my hands. I was about to end his life but I stopped. I don't know why. I shook my head trying to clear my thought, when I heard it. "Go ahead....." Was he accepting it? I should have killed him but I couldn't.

I heard him laugh and I looked at him. He grabbed the knife and pulled it away from me. He shoved me away and stood up. He began to yell. "I knew you couldn't do it! Ha-ha! I knew it!" He grabbed my arm and shoved the knife into my stomach. I fell to the ground. It was hard to breathe. I looked at the man in front of me and watched  him come closer laughing like a mad man. I started to crawl away from the approaching man. I looked back to see he was about to strike.