Ƥ

FЯOG

AN: I'll probably only be updating whenever I feel like writing. I have the main plot line done, all I have to do is write it. I'll probably only have about 2 updates a week, since I'm not very busy. Enjoy!

 

Mark twirled his sword around in the air, happily munching on an apple. He was out with his best buddy Bambam, adventuring, doing what normal adventurers do. They were professional adventurers, roaming the world and offering their services to people in need. "I feel like going swimming," Mark stated, taking another bite of his apple. "I know a place we can go, it's pretty sick. Good place to swim, you know," Bambam replied. 

"Well, lay it on me! Where's this awesome swimming spot, o wise Bambam?"

"Jeez, no need to be so snippy. Anyway, it's this pond place. Secluded. Pretty awesome, if you ask me. In the Bugberry Forest."

"Well, let's take off."

~*~*~

The pond was impressive indeed. It was well hidden by the bugberry trees, the leaves like curtains covering the opening to this small clearing. The bugberry trees' leaves were a beautiful earthy shade of blue, almost green, with small blood red berries growing on them. The pond itself was on the larger side, filled with small minnows of silvers and golds. Lily pads rested themselves on top of the water, which was covered in a light blue foam. The water was deep blue, and very deep for a pond.

"Whoah dude, where did you find this place?"

"I was looking for a place to take Youngjae for our anniversary picnic. You know how he loves peaceful places like this, all calm and crap," Bambam replied. Mark saw the twinkle in his eyes as he talked about his long time boyfriend, a look of pure love and affection, and Mark wondered if he was selfish for wanting the same thing for himself.

"It's always about Youngjae, isn't it?"

"Of course it is, dude, he's like, even better than adventuring!"

Mark sighed. "Okay, well, I've been itching to go swimming since the summer started, so I'm off. You can stay here and do...something Youngjae related, since he's so much better than adventuring,"

"Aw, come on, dude, don't be like that!"

Mark and Bambam began to laugh together as they swam off towards the middle of the pond. Being best friends since the Dawn of Time, they could always find ways to entertain themselves whenever the other was around.

They spent a grand total of 7 hours in and near the pond, playing games in the water, getting out and eating a quick lunch, and diving back in to continue in watery activities. They decided to pack up and leave only when their entire hands began to prune, and right as they put their packs on theirs backs, they heard rustling in the bushes.

Mark slowly drew his sword made of grass, Bambam drawing his of fire, and slowly looking around the clearing, Bambam called, "Who's there?"

A small woman covered in scales walked out of the bushes to Mark's left, and it made him jump.

The woman was covered in blue scales, she had gills at his neck, gold chains and pendants hanging from her neck. Her hair was shoulder length and a shocking shade of pink. A small gold nail pierced the side of her head, giving the illusion of an earring. Her fingers and toes were webbed, claws at the end of them.

"Great Mark and Bambam, famous adventurers of the highlands, you must help us. My name is Lizzy. My tribe of the minnow people have been attacked. This monster is of colossal size and we are much too small to defeat it. It has completely destroyed our village, and it has put its tongue on many of our people. None of us were lost, but most are completely emotionally traumatized. Please, great warriors, you must help us!"

"Of course, we're always up for an adventure. Lead the way to your village, and we'll help you guys out."

~*~*~

The elder of the tribe, identified as Kahi, was a very intimidating person. The scales on her body were all shades of yellow, and she had piercing red eyes. Her hair was an earthy brown, and her ears came to a sharp point, covered in rings and chains and piercings all the way up its cartilage. She wielded a large staff of bugberry wood, and at the end of it was a huge green crystal that glowed with a supernatural light. Apparently only the leader wore clothing, which consisted of bugberry leaves woven together in an intricate pattern with a thick animal fur shawl.

"O great warriors, you must aid me and my people in our time of need. The monster of legend has attacked our village and we do not have enough people to go after it and repair the village at the same time. My age as a warrior has passed, and I am not able to take this beast on alone. Please, warriors, help us."

"Of course we'll help, it's our job. Now, what kind of monster are we going up against?"

"Its name is the Amphibiolific. It was always thought to be a myth created to scare the young ones, but it is, evidently, completely real. It is hundreds of feet high, taller than the amethyst oak trees. Its limbs are as thick as Kings' Crystal. It is a dark shade of green, and its skin is covered in brown warts. It has millions of teeth that are sharp as razor blades, and its tongue is like a whip. It has no eyes, it is completely blind. It is in the shape of a frog of some sort, and it destroys everything with its tongue."

Mark was completely and utterly terrified as one of Kahi's subjects showed him an illustration of the creature. It was revolting, he almost wanted to throw up. 

"It has no known weaknesses, and is seemingly enchanted by someone or something of great magical power," Bambam read aloud. "Wow, how are we supposed to destroy it then?" He asked after they had read the entire description.

A woman stepped out of the shadows surrounding the Elder's tent. The scales on her body were pink, and her blond hair ran all the way down her back. Her jewelry was made of blue stones and silver, and she wore a loose tunic of white animal fur. Her eyes flashed different colors, and Mark thought it was slightly unnerving. "My name is Nana, and I am the second in command in this tribe. I know of a way to defeat the Amphibiolific. It is written in legend. However, the penmanship is extremely difficult to make out. It also seems as if it is written in a different tongue. According to legend, if you can interpret it correctly, the kiss of death will touch your sword and you shall be able defeat it."

"Wow, umm, thanks, I guess...?"

"Nana, get out of here, you're scaring them."  

"I shall depart promptly, Elder." Then Nana was gone.

"Well that was weird," Bambam mumbled under his breath to Mark.

"Yeah, but helpful." Mark mumbled in response. 

"Ignore her nonsense. She is looking through the Great Volumes so much that sometimes I wonder if what she utters is true. So, great warriors, are you ready to depart for your voyage?"

"Yes ma'am, but could we perhaps know where the Amphibiolific lives?"

"Of course, I'm sorry, I completely forgot. The Amphibiolific resides in the lowlands, among the swamps. The path to its lair is practically harmless, so you need not worry. We shall supply you with food for your voyage. Good luck, young ones."

~*~*~

On their way out of the village, now equipped with food to last three days, they encountered a young woman with orange scales, brown and white hair, and a loose black tunic who identified herself as Kaeun. She was much more more informal that the rest of the people of her tribe and spoke almost exactly as Mark and Bambam did.

"Yeah, this thing was totally crazy, dude, chasin us from first base to home, all over town. And its tongue was insane, you should've seen it. Downright vulgar, that thing needed to put it back where it belonged. Kept trying to everyone." She has said. Mark had found her extremely odd, but kept it to himself.

"You ready to do this, dude?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

And they were off.