Sugar Sugar How Now

Sugar Sugar How Now

The door slams loudly startling Tiffany and Jessica enough for Jessica to jerk her head back and knock it into Tiffany’s nose. The older girl is still planting small kisses on Tiffany’s nose and muttering “sorry with a helpless expression on her face when Sunny drops herself heavily on the loveseat opposite from the small couch the couple is nestled.

-Ugh!- She groans loudly, lolling her head back and dramatically spreading her limbs. The other two girls exchange a look before looking at their weird friend.

-Uh…Did something happen Sunny-ah? –Jessica asked hesitantly, glancing at her girlfriend and then at her friend. After some seconds of silence, Sunny let out another groan and answered, still sprawled on the loveseat.

-I broke up with Sungmin.

Tiffany immediately felt sympathy for her friend, and proceeding to free her hand from Jessica’s waist, she reached out and patted Sunny’s feet.

-Awww honey, it’ll get better. – She cooed. – How about we watch some chick flicks to cheer yo-

-I’m not sad. – Sunny scoffed and finally righted her position. She indeed didn’t look like someone who just ended a 5 month relationship. – It’s just…I feel like I lost my time with him. Sure, he was a gentlemen and he was cute and all…- She listed off, finger on her chin, looking pensively at the ceiling. – but he was just so boring.

Jessica’s and Tiffany’s eyebrows shot up simultaneously. Sunny side-eyed them. – Don’t look at me like that, I’m feeling guilty enough for breaking up with him. – Sunny then frowned, chewing on the corner of her bottom lip.- I think he was about to cry when I left. – She widened her eyes guiltily. What if he did cry? Oh God, she broke this great guy’s heart just because she thought he had a bland personality, oh God. What if-

Jessica and Tiffany anxiously exchanged looks when they realized Sunny was going into full freak out mode. Jessica patted Tiffany’s shoulder hurriedly, wordlessly communicating do something! to which Tiffany shook her head, drawing blank. She them poked Jessica insistently, nodding her head as if saying you do something.

-Sunny-ah!- Jessica exclaimed loudly drawing the attention of the short girl. Sunny turned her wide eyes to Jessica, only partially out of her tantrum.

-Uhhh…Uh, how do you say you try women this time around huh?- Tiffany  took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of her nose. Trust her girlfriend to make an absurd situation even more absurd. She opened one eye behind her hand and sent a dirty look to Jessica, who just smiled helplessly in return.

They looked to Sunny, who surprisingly had come down from her crazy and looked like she was actually contemplating Jessica’s suggestion.

-I…-She hesitated.- I don’t think I’d be against that. – She really wouldn’t. Sunny has never pictured herself with a woman before, but she was far from being prejudiced. She was best friends with one of the gayest couples on the face of the earth after all. She looked up to said couple just in time to see Jessica smugly smirking at Tiffany, who only shook her head in disapproval.

-I’m going to hit up a lesbian bar one of these days. Yeah, I’m going to do that. – She said resolutely, getting up, picking up her bag that she threw somewhere by the door, and heading out.

-Sunny…- Tiffany began in a concerned tone, but the short girl only waved her off, body already half way out of the door.

-Thanks for the idea Sica-yah! I own you one! Bye bye!

And with a softer slam she was out of the apartment.

Tiffany glared at Jessica.- You know if something goes wrong it’s going to be your fault, right?

Jessica only scoffed and readjusted her position on Tiffany’s lap. – What could possibly go wrong?

Tiffany stared at her blankly. – You ever thought of the possibility of Sunny finding a girlfriend who likes her aegyo?

Jessica cupped , horrified. – Oh no.

//

Her uality was never something she bothered thinking about. Even though the country she was born at and currently lived in wasn’t exactly liberal and accepting, Sunny always thought that love is love and that’s it. No reason to beat yourself up over which you liked to play with.

But when she thinks back to all her relationships, she realizes that she dated guys her whole life. Maybe trying women could be a refreshing change.

Sunny corrects herself – She’s going to meet, get to know and date women. Trying women sounds like they are a piece of beef she’s going to eat. Sunny is determined to start it with the right foot, which means she’s not going to objectify her fellow females.

Okay she thinks to herself as she turns on her computer and searches for Victoria’s Secrets Fashion Show on youtube maybe a little bit.

An hour and a half later Sunny is pretty sure Jessica is a genius. All the women are so gorgeous and hot that Sunny is having problems having coherent thoughts. She discovers that women have a certain appeal that men couldn’t ever dream to have. They are sensual, paradoxically both smooth and sharp and completely tantalizing.

That night Sunny dreams of long legs, smooth skin, and round s.

//

When Sunny meets the one she has no idea that she is the one because that’s not how her over-active mind imagined her at all.

She’s at best an inch taller than Sunny, she’s wearing a sweater that could very well belong to her grandmother and her face looks more like of a 13 year-old than of a woman in her mid-twenties.

Sunny is walking into the candy aisle of the supermarket when she accidentally runs over someone’s feet with her cart. There’s a yelp, a jump, a bump on the shelf and several packages of gummy bears falling on the floor.

-Oh my God, I’m so sorry, I’m sorry!- Sunny’s face is warm in embarrassment as she rushes to aid the girl who she knocked into. When the shorter girl approaches, the other girl limps slightly away from her and waves her hands, trying to diminish the situation.

-Ahhh, it’s nothing, it’s nothing!- The girl tries to smile dismissively and hold a flinch at the same time which only results on the weirdest face Sunny has seen. – Let me help, please. – The girl pauses, and looks at Sunny. Something on her tone must have worked because the shy girl just nods her head and limps closer to Sunny. The blond grabs the brunette’s arm and loops it around her neck, supporting her.

-What were you buying? I can purchase it for you.- The other girl vigorously shakes her head, already embarrassed enough.

-Just-just gummy bears, you don’t nee- Sunny pokes her on the side, and the girl lets out a weird laugh that makes Sunny herself laugh.

-It’s my apology, okay?- She bends, picks 4 packages off the floor, and when she looks up at the girl again, she’s smiling. This time Sunny thinks it seems genuine.

-Okay.

Sunny pays for the gummy bears, and helps the girl to her car.  It’s only when the girl is driving off the supermarket’s parking lot that Sunny remembers she forgot to ask for the girl’s name and forgot her own groceries.

//

-What’s Hyoyeon doing here?- Tiffany asks as she arrives at the bar, bewildered to see her very straight, very -oriented friend sitting up in a stool next to Sunny.

-Hello to you too, Beaver Kisser. – Tiffany mashes her lips together because laughing at Hyoyeon’s absurd nicknames regarding her lesbianism would only encourage her. She ignores the long haired blond and turns to the short haired one.

-I bribed her with free drinks. I didn’t want to be a third wheel to you and Jessica.- Sunny visibly shudders and Tiffany rolls her eyes. – Speaking of her, where’s she?

-She’s arriving late. The new intern dropped blue berry tea on her. Her tummy was still purple when I left home. – Tiffany pouts, and Sunny snorts at her.

-And you didn’t wait for her?- Sunny’s tone is mocking, but Tiffany chooses to ignore it. She knows the fact that she and Jessica not being able to be apart from one another for long hours is a running joke amongst their friends.

-Well I wanted to, but she said if we started drinking without her, maybe she’ll be able to be on the same level of drunkenness than us for once.

Hyoyeon pretends she’s offended before noisily and pointedly on the straw of her cocktail. As she and Tiffany engage in playful banter, Sunny looks around the bar. It’s no Victoria’s Secret show, but the girls here are pretty cute. She eyes a couple dancing closely –more like grinding – on the dance floor. When she feels her face turning too warm she looks back in time to see Jessica arriving.

-Hey girls. What brings you here Hyo? Came to have a taste? – Jessica teases, after she puts an arm around Tiffany and kisses her cheek.

-Jessica,- She starts in a condescending tone, as if scolding a child. – women are for friendship. Men are for ing.

Sunny narrows her eyes at her. – Did you just quote and the City?

-Maybe I did, maybe I didn’t.- And she waves the bartender over. Sunny shakes her head; of course Samantha would be Hyoyeon’s favorite. She turns to watch the other side of the bar, and that’s when she spots a familiar face. The girl from the supermarket is sitting on a stool in the opposite side of the bar, friendly chatting with the bartender.

If the sight of an ugly sweater plus a shy smile and delicate hands with an bag of sweets clutched between them made Sunny’s insides tickle with warmth, the sight of a low cut top, tight jeans, red lips and smoky eyes makes Sunny’s blood rush.

If Sunny wasn’t feeling hot enough already, the girl catches her eyes. She blinks, mildly surprised and sends a small smile to Sunny, who returns the smile with one of her own.

From then on the short-haired girl is so captivated by the beautiful stranger that she can’t honestly pay attention to anything that her three friends are saying – Sunny diverges her eyes when once again the girl catches her staring, and then she overhears “well, if it tasted like soju bombs maybe I would risk taking a at it” and Sunny is so deeply disturbed that she doesn’t even want to know what Hyoyeon is going on about.

Sunny is not that bold. She prides herself in being truthful and straightforward but she never really made the first move, nor did she make her attraction glaringly obvious to whoever she desired to pursue before. So when she shoots back the remaining of her – fourth? Fifth? Who knows – martini and she slowly a drop of it that dripped on her finger – all the while staring straight into the other girl’s eyes, whose mouth is hanging slightly open – she thanks all the divine beings for the existence of alcohol. She sends a lecherous smirk in the girl’s direction a gets up from the stool.

-Hey, you going to the dance floor? – Hyoyeon asks, surprisingly – but not really – still sober.

- Yes. But I’d rather if you guys stayed at the bar. – Sunny’s tone makes Tifanny’s and Jessica’s eyebrows shoot up and makes Hyoyeon grin like she’s the Cheshire Cat.

Sunny doesn’t dance by herself for a long time before she feels someone’s breath on the back of her neck and hands on her hips.

-You are not half as innocent as you look like, are you?- The girl breaths in the shell of her ear and Sunny swears she must be wired to something because she can feel the hairs on the back of her neck standing.

-And you are not as shy as you seem to be, right? With your hands on me already…- The girl chuckles at Sunny’s cheeky retort, her lips momently brushing against blond girl’s lobe. She grabs Sunny’s hips a little harder and turns the girl in her arms. The already dense air feels even heavier when they stare at each other' eyes in such proximity.

-I’m Taeyeon.- The girl says, dark eyes and blown out pupils jumping back and forth between Sunny’s mouth and eyes – and s. Sunny sways her hips in the rhythm of the song, grazes her hands up from all the way down from Taeyeon’s flat stomach, to her ribs, – she feels Taeyeon shiver – to her chest, – Taeyeon bites her lower lip, making a small sound at the back of – to the nape of the long haired girl’s neck, where Sunny scratches lightly with her short nails.

-I’m Sunny. Pleasure to meet you. – Taeyeon’s hands on her hips travel down and settle in blond’s . Taeyeon smirks, but before she can say anything back, Sunny plants an open mouthed kiss on her. The blond’s lips are nothing short of perfect and the brunette feels white hot desire spreading in her body. Taeyeon’s tongue laps against Sunny’s and the hand on her neck travels up to her hair and tugs it. The slight pain from the tug makes Taeyeon moan against Sunny’s mouth, which only prompts the shorter girl to kiss her harder. Sunny feels her skirt rise up a little as Taeyeon’s hands squeeze her with more purpose.

They part for a moment, panting for air, hands still roaming. Sunny’s grins a little at Taeyeon’s abused lips, and she tugs the bottom lip playfully with her teeth.

-Not that innocent now- The sharp intake of breath she takes when Taeyeon brings her closer to her body cuts Sunny off in the middle of her sentence. Taeyeon’s eyes lock her in place, and Sunny can’t look at anything else.

-Want to go somewhere else? I’m not really into voyeurism. – Taeyeon says, smiling at blond. Sunny for her part doesn’t even look around, not really interested in who’s ogling them. She looks at Taeyeon’s bottom lip, which is still glistening with Sunny’s saliva. A whine ripples from the back of and Sunny’s pretty sure her underwear is ruined by now.

-Yes. Yes.

The way Taeyeon’s hand on her hip keeps brushing on the inside of her shirt and grazing her stomach drives Sunny crazy in a way she doesn’t even remember she didn’t came alone and had friends to bid goodbye to.

//

-Oh, oooh Sunny.- Taeyeon moans, throwing her head back and banging it against the wall of the elevator. Sunny’s mouth is latched on her neck, and every time she runs her velvety tongue on her skin after a sharp bite Taeyeon swears that she feels the world spin. The sensations on her neck are shooting pure want in her blood system but she needs Sunny mouth and tongue in her own mouth again and she needs them now so she grabs a handful of the blond’s short hair and pulls her face into her own.

The elevator dings open and they practically fall out of it – Taeyeon is standing in only one leg while the other is hooked around Sunny’s waist, while Sunny’s hands are dipped inside of Taeyeon’s pants, supporting the girl against her by grabbing her -cheeks. When they arrive at Taeyeon’s front door, Taeyeon’s pants are undone and Sunny’s shirt is dangling from her wrist, where it got stuck on her watch.

Sunny lets out a loud whimper as Taeyeon on her tongue. The action sends a new wave of moisture between her legs and makes her light headed. She barely registers entering the apartment, only being aware of being inside when her back hits the door, closing it. Taeyeon starts her descend: she on Sunny bottom lip before releasing it with a loud pop, then she kisses her way down to the girls s. She kneads both of them for a moment, and if Sunny weren’t so busy trying to muffle her loud moans she would be embarrassed by how entranced the brunette was by her s. When she doesn’t feel her bra coming off, she looks down in time to see Taeyeon grinning lasciviously at her.

-I’m going to save those for later.

Sunny’s mouth drops open. She wishes she’s still in one piece to handle a “later”.

Taeyeon kisses her stomach, and then zips the blond’s skirt open and discards it without care. She hooks her thumbs in the other girl’s underwear, and Sunny unashamedly spreads her legs wider. Taeyeon plants a last kiss against the wet skin of her inner thigh, and pulls the underwear down. She looks up to Sunny with her smoky eyes and dives in.

The only thing Sunny knows in this moment: Taeyeon, Taeyeon, Taeyeon.

//

Taeyeon twirls a strand of hair, as Sunny looks at her expectantly. Before she answers, she reaches and brushes a piece of hair that is almost poking into the other girl’s eyes. She doesn’t even try fixing it because it’s so mussed it’s practically hopeless.

-Purple. And blue. Yeah, I think it’s a tie.

Sunny chuckles.- You took that long to decide your favorite color?- Taeyeon makes a face at the blond, which only makes her laugh more.

-Okay, how about favorite food?- She asks, shifting in bed, sheets lightly scratching her back. Taeyeon grins, and suggestively looks to where Sunny’s lower body is and looks back up at her.

-Yah! !- Sunny laughs, pushing Taeyeon’s face away. The brunette laughs along, and gets up from the bed.- Wait a minute.

Sunny watches as she gets up from the bed, stark , as she disappears out of the room. She looks around the room; it’s exactly what you expect from an adult who just started their own life: simple. Taeyeon’s room isn’t colored in flashy colors, neither is heavily decorated. She smiles at the pea plushies in the corner of the room though. Of all the things a person could have a plushy, the girl has peas. She startled out of her thoughts when a small candy bag hits her thigh.

Taeyeon is standing in the doorway, laughing at Sunny’s startled face. Soon her laugh diminishes and her pale face colors with a heavy blush as Sunny stares at her body unabashedly. When Sunny realizes it, she laughs amusedly.

-We were laying just now with your hands on my thigh and one of my legs between yours and doing what we did some time ago and you’re blushing now?

-Shut up!-Taeyeon whines and races back to bed, where she jumps in and covers herself with the sheets.

-What did you even get up for anyway?- Sunny asks, scooting closer and resuming their previous position.

-My favorite food.- The brunette fishes the candy bag, and shakes it in front of Sunny’s eyes. Gummy bears. She smiles at Taeyeon and rubs her own face with her hand, trying to mask her blush this time. Taeyeon pops the bag open and they share the candy.

-What’s your favorite movie?- The blond asks after swallowing a lemon gummy bear.

This one doesn’t take long for her to answer. – National Treasure. – She chews on one more gummy bear.- What’s with all the questions, Sunny?

The blond bites her lips and looks away. She ponders if she should say it, or just make up an excuse. In the end she decides saying it anyway, because if ever in doubt, honesty is always her choice.

-I don’t want you to be a stranger anymore.

Taeyeon pauses, looks at her. She blinks, rests the bag of candy beside her, and moves closer to Sunny. She maps the other girl’s face with her eyes, and then finally a smile slowly makes way on her face.

-Don’t worry, we’ll have plenty time for that.

//

Jessica looks at everything: the floor, the ceiling, each glass on the table, the plates, the cutlery, the napkins, each one of their friends, – who all but two have matching annoyed expressions – but she won’t look at Tiffany. She wriggles her hands, picks on her nails, and then finally gives in: she looks at Tiffany with the corner of her eye and her girlfriend is sporting an accusatory expression, just like Jessica predicted she would be.

On the far corner of the table, Sunny is nudging her girlfriend while doing that hellish annoying cute voice, while Taeyeon in turn is partially covering her face with her hands, yelling “Stop! Stop!” but the way her eyes are smiling only prompts Sunny to continue doing the damn voice.

Jessica sighs, and turns to fully face Tiffany.

-Just say it already!

Tiffany’s expression changes for the first time since she’s been staring accusatorily at her girlfriend. Right now she is completely smug.

-I told you so!

 

 

 

Fin