Final

facing the world by your side

Oh ten years ago, such thing like this day would come
Hey ten years after, what kind of day would you approach ?
Staying like this till eternity, it's great if we can continue today
You're turning around, and the day tomorrow is shaking inside your eyes 
I'm scared of time passing by.*

- Ten Years, Donghae&Eunhyuk

 

 

 

People will never understand.

They can try to guess, they can speculate, they can coo over them and their cuteness, but they’ll never really know or understand. They’ll never feel the tingle on their skins, they’ll never see the hidden smirks, neither they’ll catch their gazes.

Members always laugh at them because even after almost ten years, they are still the same. Maybe some of them – Sungmin always seems quite fast in catching up – will wonder about their relationship, but then they’ll drop it because, come on. They’re Eunhyuk and Donghae, EunHae, Monkey and Fish, the Silly Super Junior Couple. They’re not a thing, they’re just like that, too naïve to understand that some actions can have more than a meaning.

But no one will really understand.

Only the two of them know the feeling.

Only Donghae knows how to understand when Eunhyuk wants to play and when is Eunhyuk or Hyukjae playing. Only Donghae can feel when those gazes are just for the sake of a camera or when they’re just meant for him.

Only Eunhyuk knows how to catch Donghae’s mood, how to lead him to make all the fangirls scream. He perfectly knows how to heat the situation up, it’s nothing really: the right move, a little smile, an ambiguous look and he’ll have the world to his feet, ogling to the greatness of EunHae.

They both love the thrill of never knowing when that invisible line between fan-service and life will be crossed. Sometimes Hyukjae wonders if they’ll ever pull some serious stunts  - something Heechul-like -, if they’ll ever start to be a little bit less innocents and actually face what they have.

Sometimes Donghae wonders if being born in another Country, in another life would have changed things between them. Maybe they would have stopped all the games and dancing around something so obvious and existent and real.

But they were born in their lives so they have to cope with it: and both of them have learned how to do it. They have found the right balance between all the teasing and the things they never said -  that they’ll never say -  and someway everything’s all right.

People love them so much that the Company decides to give them a Japan Tour. To Lee Soo Man is just another way to bring money in, to Eunhyuk and Donghae is just another way to be themselves, maybe without too much restrain this time.

“God only knows what you’re going to do”, Sungmin had stated when the news of their tour had arrived to the dorms.

“Remember that you have hotel rooms. And don’t take pictures if you’re going at it. Yeah Hyukjae, I’m talking to you”, Heechul had added, among the general hilarity.

 

And when the time comes, they run as madmen on their stage, finally owning something that was only theirs. Because Eunhyuk and Donghae love their members so much – Leeteuk is a second father to both of them -, but their relationship is so different.

Their relationship allows Donghae to spurt nonsense such as “I want my sons to look like Hyukjae”, in front of thousands of fans, and Hyukjae to exclaim “I’m not cute, I’m handsome! Donghae is cute!

Their relationship allows Donghae to tweet something like “We’re together so we’re fine” and nobody will find it strange. 

It’s because of what they have that he can burst into Eunhyuk’s room at night and cry because “I’m so thankful, Hyuk. We’re doing what we want, we have the album and the tour, and I’m sure my father is proud of me”, and get a hug, sweet words and pecks all over his face. It doesn’t matter that Hyukjae, wearing that silly pajama his sister gave him on Christmas, kisses him softly, he knows that those lips are just soothing him and comforting him. He knows how to track the lust in his best friend - only God knows how they both had gone through “I wanna love you” without jumping on each other -  and definitely there’s nothing of it in that sweet gesture.

 

And now, here they are: ready to step on the Fukuoka Dome, a place so huge and big that the only idea of performing there both scare and thrill them.

They look at each other and smile, listening to the loud screams and cheers outside.

 

Hyukjae smirks and tilts his head on his shoulder while mouthing, “I’m going to make you go crazy”.

Donghae shakes his head and fixes his gaze in front of him. “Bring it on”. 

 

 


*translation by @hyukarmpits on twitter


I just needed a way to let all the feels out. Those two are driving me mad with all the cuteness and yness and everything they're doing in their concert. 

Hope this is not a total failure!