Second Confession

Second Confession

KyungHee switched on the television and sat down on the couch. She flipped through the channels while having her dinner. She stopped when she saw that ‘Harry Potter’ was on. Her thoughts immediately drifted to Peniel.

Before Peniel debuted, they used to watch Harry Potter together. Even when they are separated, they would converse through text messaging. They would talk about the movie, and Peniel would whine about how KyungHee always stares at Daniel Radcliffe while KyungHee would complain that Peniel’s eyes are always on Emma Watson.

Kyunghee smiled at those beautiful memories. But she couldn’t ever go back to the times where they were together.

They aren’t together anymore. And they never will be.

She had let him go, to pursue his dream, for him to be happy, for him to be free.

It hurt, of course. How could it not be? She loves him.

But if she really loved him, she knew she had to let him go.

Kyunghee looked down, and noticed she was eating the same meal Peniel loved. She sighed.

How long must it take for her to move on? She was pretty sure Peniel had already long moved on over her.

She sighed. She missed him. Sometimes a lot, sometimes a little. When she watched him on television, she knew he was fine with life right now. His group was gaining a lot of popularity and also winning a lot of awards. She was glad that he had made his dream come true and he is now happy with life.

But often, she would be concerned about him. She knew that being an idol is very tough. They could hardly have any sleep, they work very hard, they practice a lot. Kyunghee was afraid that Peniel might work too hard and end up collapsing out of exhaustion. Kyunghee knew that Kris would always try to put up a strong front and now that he is a leader, he would need to do that even more often.

Kyunghee’s thought by the sound of the doorbell ringing. She looked up and wondered who would be here at such a late time.

Kyunghee opened the door and was startled.

There was a guy standing in front of her holding out a card. She recognize him as one of Peniel’s group members.

“Hi, I’m Jung IIhoon. Please do read this letter, I’ll be going then,” IIhoon smiled charmingly before jogging away.

Kyunghee stood there, still stunned.

What was Peniel’s group member doing in front of her house? Moreover at this time.

When she gained back her senses, she walked back into her house and opened the card.

Kyunghee,

give me a second chance.

Please meet me at our place.

I hope you haven’t forgot.

I will be waiting for you!

-Peniel

Kyunghee sat there, on her couch, eyes widened and jaw dropped.

Peniel? She hasn’t been talking to him since a long time. So why would he want to meet her? Also, what was the meaning of a second chance?

A lot of questions rushed through Kyunghee’s mind and she groaned.

What was she going to do?

Kyunghee sat on her couch, changing positions ever so often, pondering about what she was going to do about this.

Does she really have the courage to go and meet Peniel again? Could she really be able to give the ‘second chance’ he wanted even though she didn’t know what it was for? Could this all be a dream?

Kyunghee pinched herself on the arm and yelped in pain.

This isn’t a dream.

Peniel’s group member, Jung lIhoon did actually came to her front door, pass her a card, which was supposedly written by Peniel.

Kyunghee pondered through the night, considering whether she should really go to their place. It’s been a long time after all. She was scared that if she revisits that place, her waterworks would start again. She had taken a really long time to control her almost uncontrollable tears. Plus, why would she go back when Peniel was the one who asked her to forget about them and put their past behind.

Kyunghee had a really sleepless night. All because of one stupid card Peniel wrote. And of course, Peniel too.

-

And well, as you all have expected, Kyunghee went to their place.

That very special place that will always hold a place in her heart.

Café chaplin.

It was the café where Peniel confessed his feelings to Kyunghee.

Kyunghee remembered it being on 15th of march, one day after white day. Apparently, clumsy Peniel was so busy preparing for the confession that he got the dates mixed up. A confession meant to be for the 14th was pushed backwards to the 15th.

Well, not that it really matters that much which date Peniel had confessed to Kyunghee.

Early in the morning, Kyunghee woke up from her 2 hours sleep, eyebags under her eyes.

After much consideration(well, we all know she would go eventually), she decided to just go there.

She was ‘curious’ as to what Peniel was up to this time.

And so she dressed herself up in a hoodie and skinny jeans, which is obviously Peniel’s favorite outfit on her.

After putting everything in place, she slung her backpack over her shoulders and slid her feet into her green sneakers. Locking the door, she walked down the stairs with her heart beating loudly like a war drum she was sure her neighbors could hear it. She couldn’t help but feel anxious. After all, it was her first time meeting Peniel after so many months of separation.

With each step, it brought her closer to Peniel, and at this thought, it made her blush madly.

Oh boy. She was in love with him all over again even when she haven’t even met him. Imagine when she saw him.

-

Upon reaching the café, she took a deep breath, trying very hard to calm her beating-insanely heart. She smoothed her hoodie, adjusted her hair, before taking up courage and walking into the café.

There was no one, absolutely no one in the café.

Only 7 immortals standing in front of her.

A bright smile flashed across Peniel as he grinned from ear to ear.

He snapped his fingers.

Let the performance begin.

“Today is a very important day. It’s the day I give my second confession to one girl. I am going to find her again. Will she accept my heart?” Peniel smiled at Kyunghee.

lIhoon started out with his rap.

I threw away all my pride for this second confession. Though I have so much to say, I’ll keep it short.

I will change and improve so from today and every day on I want to have a great love like Gyon Woo and Jik Nyu.

“For you, I stayed cooped up in my room, practicing my confession,I practice singing so I serenade you,” Peniel rapped along, still grinning.

The times we used to love, those dream like times, I can’t forget any of those times.

And as the performance went on, Kyunghee could only stared at the scene in front of her in disbelief.

Someone would actually put so much effort into planning a confession just for her? That was definitely something she had never even dare to dream of. But it came true.

“If you come back someday, there will be no tears- my second confession,” Peniel finished the performance with his sweet voice.

And before Peniel could react, Kyunghee was breaking down right in front of him, head in her hand.

“W-why are you crying? Baby, please don’t cry,” Peniel embraced Kyunghee, whispering soft, comforting words.

“Why do you have to come and ruin everything? I was on the verge of moving on!” Kyunghee wailed into Peniel’s chest.

“You know you aren’t. Because if you were, you wouldn’t have been here,” Peniel kissed Kyunghee’s forehead lightly.

Kyunghee sighed before pulling away from Peniel.

“So? What’s your answer?” Peniel asked eagerly, with hope in his eyes.