Midnight

Midnight

11.50 pm

 

Bomi opened her eyes again. She blinked her eyes continously for a minute. She glanced at a clock on the wall.  

" It's almost midnight. You have to sleep, Yoon Bomi...," She wishpered.

 

It started again. She can't sleep tonight, actually every night. She wasted for many hours just to try hard for sleeping. But you know, she had not sleep yet.

 

She closed her eyes again. She tried hard to fall deep on her unconcious world. She fell... It's deep enough for her to sleep. Right, she was deep in her another world. She almost go there... She was going on her dream world... And then....

 

********************************************

"Yoon bomi, Yoon Bomi? Ya! Bomi-yah!" A husky voice called her.

She was standing in wide meadow. It's a good weather and she can felt a warm sunshine touched her skin with the fresh air at the same time.

" Ya! Yoon Bomi!" That voice called her again.

Bomi turned her body. She looked a gallant boy standing in front of her now. He smiled at her. A warm smiled that she missed so much. He oppened his arms and nodded, like commanded her to come closer to him. She was hesitated for a while. But in the end, she walked slowly toward him. She smiled, she missed his embrace. She missed his scent, sound of his breath, she missed everything about him.

 

She was in front of him. He held her cheeks. Rubbed it slowly with his thumbs. Tears was falling from Bomi's eyes. She held his hands on her cheeks. She smiled at him, and he did it. At that time, she felt time machine was stopped.

 

" Howon-ah... Where have you been? Don't you know how much I miss you?" Bomi said with sobs.

" I didn't go anywhere. I'm staying here," Hoya said as he pointed Bomi's chest, right on her heart was.

" Liar!" Bomi said with a giggle and hugged him immediately.

Hoya hugged her tight. She felt tears was flowing heavy in her cheeks and she was sure if Hoya's shoulder was wet because of her tears. Hoya pecked Bomi's upper head for many times. He smelt her fragrant and it made Bomi felt more comfortable in his embrace.

 

In that moment, Bomi felt her chest so painful, right in her scar. She closed her eyes. She gritted her teeth. She tried to hold this pain. But suddenly, her hand was falling in the air. Hoya was gone from her embrace. Bomi looked around in her surrounding. Nothing except herself. She didn't even see a shadow of him. She fell on the ground. Her knees weren't strong enough to hold her body.

********************************************

 

Again, she was crying. Now, it's a traggic cry. It's a painful tears. Even, her tears can tell the story behind her cry. She held her chest. This feeling.... Like there's a big hole was oppened in her chest. That hole gave her sore feeling.  It's hurt... It's hurted her so badly....

 

Bomi woke up all of sudden from her sleep. She blinked her eyes. Her vision became blur because of her tears. Her body became wet because of sweat. Her breath was uncontroable. She rubbed her face, tried to erase her tears.

 

She oppened her drawer beside her bed she was laying. She took a can of sleeping pills. A pill of sleeping pills is one of her efforts to make her sleep. She didn't know how many sleeping pills she had been took after he was gone. She took that can and oppened it. But, all of her pills were wear off. She had nothing from that can tonight.

 

Bomi sat at the bed. She looked to the window in front of her. Dark sky in the midnight and the movement of branch because of the wind made her mind flashed her lastest dream. But it's different. What she dreamt were a bright day with a fresh air. Not this darkness with the sound of cold air that frightened her.

 

She stood up and walked to second floor. Where her brother was. She thought, this was her last way to sleep. She was tired being like this. She felt pathetic for herself. She tried to find her brother and went out from tonight's nightmare.

 

Bomi oppened Doojoon's bedroom's door. As she was there, she saw Doojoon was reading his book in his bed. Doojoon turned his head toward Bomi and gave a comforted smile for her. She just smile a little as her return.

" Did your midnight habbit happen again?" Doojoon asked as he closed his book and placed it in the drawer. He tapped an empty space beside him. Bomi just nodded and came closer to him. She laid her back there and watched to his brother's room's upper side.

You won't find a white plasterboard there. But there was a big glass covered his brother's bedroom. Bomi can see a millions stars hanging on the sky. Made her feel better after she laid there.

 

Doojoon covered Bomi's body with a blanket that covered his body. He placed his arms under her head. He embraced her little body. He could smell the sweat from her body. He did that like a father was hugged his own daughter. It made Bomi felt so comfortable. She could heard her brother's heartbeat.

 

" Oppa, how many stars tonight? I think they're gone because they are tired of me. They reduced," Bomi said in lower voice as she tried for counting on her mind.

" No... They keep on their place. There a millions stars available for you," Doojoon tightened his embraced.

" Oppa, sing me a lullaby... Ah, I mean, hummed a song for me." Bomi wished and closed her eyes.

" What's song do you want me to sing tonight?"

" Anything. Are you sure you will sing me a song? Not a humming one?"

 

Doojoon just rubbed his sister's hair and take a deep breath once.

 

"That little star twinkling above, comfort me...Tonight is the night where everything collapses with no where else to rest...That little star twinkling above, comfort me...Collapsing without anywhere to rest...The night I count the stars, the night that slowly transforms because of the changing seasons... However, this night is still the night I still can’t seem to fall asleep in sleep...This night that found me again... So sad tonight...This night I greet again without you...In the midnight a a a midnight a...This midnight I can’t fall asleep without you...."

 

He stopped his song. He was sure if his sister was sleeping right now. He could see her peaceful face was formed in her sleep. He was reliefed when finaly his sister could sleep like what she wanted right now. He rubbed her upper forehead once and turned off his desk lamp. Now it's time for him to sleep.

 

Reading a book until midnight was become one of his habbit after Howon gone. He would like to open his eyes until midnight and came to Bomi's room secretly to made sure if she has been sleeping at that time. But if she hasn't sleep yet, he would back to his room then pretend reading a book in his bed, and not long after that Bomi would came in his room and wanted to sleep with him. After he made his beloved sister sleep, he can sleep peacefuly now. Just made sure to take care his younger sibling, Doojoon would do everything he can do for her. It was painful enough to see her like this. He can't erase it all of sudden, but he knows one day Bomi would back as her old side. Nothing he can do to change this situation in express way, but now he can ease it right?