Prologue

Shooting Stars

                Hanbyul and Kwangyeon lay side by side. They were in Kwangyeon's backyard, staring up at the dim sky. It was not yet nighttime, but it was getting pretty close.

                The two laid in thoughtful silence, the only things that could be heard were the chirping of crickets in the distance.

                "Kwangyeon," Hanbyul murmured, suddenly breaking the peacefulness.

                "Hm?" Kwangyeon replied sleepily.

                "Do you think your dream of becoming a bassist in a world famous rock band will come true?"

                "Maybe..."

                Hanbyul sighed. "I don't think I'll ever have a chance with my dream. Of being a singer? I've never told anyone about it, except you."

                "Mmm."

                "My parents are dead-set on sending me to dentistry school..."

                In Australia, he thought to himself. This was bit of information he had not yet told his friend about.

                Hanbyul sighed again and grew silent. All he could hear was Kwangyeon's soft breathing. He glanced over at his friend, who had fallen asleep. Quiet as to not disturb his slumber, Hanbyul propped himself up on one elbow and watched him sleep.

                Kwangyeon was 16, but he still had the same baby face he had since he was little. The only thing that could've given away his age was his height. The boy had recently gone through a huge growth spurt, and now was almost as tall as Hanbyul himself.

                Kwangyeon breathed lightly through his mouth. His dark mop of hair covered his forehead and somehow made him seem more charming. Hanbyul smiled slightly and poked his cheek. The boy was definitely cute, in his own way.

                Hanbyul rolled back onto his back and stared up to the dark canvas of sky. The stars were starting to come out, one by one. He blinked and a shooting star suddenly darted past. He sat up abruptly and shook Kwangyeon awake.

                "Hey, a shooting star just flew past! Make a wish, quick!"

                Hanbyul squeezed his eyes shut and concentrated hard on his own wish.

                I wish that Kwangyeon will stay my best friend forever.

Even if I won't be seeing him for the next few years while I'm in dentistry school. Even while I'm in Australia.

                He opened his eyes to see his friend awake and looking up at the sky.

                "You fall asleep too easily," Hanbyul pouted.

                "I was tired," Kwangyeon laughed.

                He looked back up happily. "The stars are so pretty. It's always so easy to get lost in everyday life, but looking up at the sky like this just calms me down."

                Hanbyul grinned at him. "You're so cheesy sometimes."

                Kwangyeon lightly punched his elder's arm. "What did you wish for?"

                "Just for us to be friends forever."

                "Oh, so I'm the cheesy one?!"

                "Shut up," Hanbyul replied, his face turning pink. "What did you wish for?"

                "To be in a rock band. To get a wife and have kids. For us to stay friends for a long time," Kwangyeon looked at Hanbyul embarrassed. "Why are we telling each other our wishes, anyway? Doesn't that mean they won't come true?"

                Hanbyul waved his hand at him as if implying that it didn't matter. "That's so typical of you. I bet in another 10 years you'll already be married."

                He turned to Kwangyeon with a smirk. His friend shook his head, mussing up his already unkempt hair. "And where will you be? A successful dentist I suppose?"

                "It's not like I have a choice...But the "successful" part does sound tempting," he looked at his friend smugly.

                They both chuckled to themselves and grew quiet again, returning to their own thoughts.

 

 

✩ミ ✩ミ ✩ミ

Wow this was really short..I'll see if I can update more in the future!!