Chapter 1

music and dance

To L.Joe, music and dance were the things that his life revolved around. They didn't revolve around his life, his life revolved around them. Perhaps it was what had happened when he was younger that it had forced him into this state. Cold, ruthless, cruel, heartless. His sharp eyes cut through anyone who dared to look into them, they're legs would turn to jelly, they'd hold the gaze unable to move from it, beads of cold sweat would form as they shook with the feeling of danger, their fear overwhelming them as they cried man or not just from the stare of this cold, and unforgiving man.

So how was it that he ended up in this situation.

He looked down at the little girl, she was around 8 or so he guessed. He himself was 14, provided not very old, but he was strong, and he could make a living for himself with the crimes he comitted. Her cries brought him back to reality once more. She was whimpering very softly, her knees pressed up against her chest, thin, bony arms wrapped around it in...a t-shirt? he wondered briefly. He looked up, staring as the snow drifted down slowly, a flake landing on his nose. Quickly he shook it off wincing at the stinging cold it left behind on the skin. Glaancing back down, he saw the timid caramel brown stare longingly at his worm clothing before averting once realizing that she'd been caught staring. He stared down at her more nonchantly chewing at the gum in his mouth. Tch... I could be somewhere warmer and safer than out on the streets. Hitching himself off the wall, he tightened his jacket as a sharp, cold blast of wind struck out suddenly. He heard the chattering of her teeth as it hit her exposed body. Without looking back, he moved off into the dark.

He felt a light tug at his pants. "What?!" He snarled lowly at the same little girl who had been shivering in the cold. Shrinking back away from him she held up a locket. "That's mine!" He snatched it up and turned to walk away. Cradling it gently, he berated himself mentally for nearly losing it, the only remnant of his loving mother. He heard the light thud, like a body falling onto the ground... He turned around almost regretting it instantly. The little girl lay in the middle of the road, her lips turning blue as she lay there shivering, half awake. Sighing he looked between the girl and the locket in his hands before loping forward and picked her up gently. He brought her back to his home quickly. Throughout the whole journey there she had only looked at him through half-lidded eyes as her breath came out in shallow pants, he was worried. He set her down onto the comfortable bed, bringing the various blankets up to her chin, his eyes softened. 

Her eyes though, were glazed over, half-lidded, staring into nothing as she was slowly drifting into nothing.