It's Not Too Late

It's Not Too Late

He walked to the mailbox and put the letter in and left.


"Daddy! You got a letter~!" A little girl jumped up and down with a letter in her hand; entering the living with her dad sitting on the couch.
"Who is it from? It's probably bills." Mingyu scrunched up his face at the thought.

"Hm...it says it is from..." She turned the letter over and over again. "I can't find who it is from. Maybe it's inside," Mingyu's daughter said. "Okay, give it to me." She handed the letter to her dad. He opened the letter and read what it said.

Dear Mingyu,
     I really like you. Maybe even love you. It's like you're so close yet so far. I know you already have a lover, so this letter is kind of pointless right? It's not like I want to date you and keep you all to myself; I just want to be with you forever...
     I know it's kind of late but I'll start now: When I first met you, you were really tall. When we entered high school, I started to feel a little nervous when I was around you. You were always doing a lot of skin-ships with me (like holding hands, back hugging, and other things) that couples did. Th's when I thought that you muct like me. I didn't want to jump to conclusions, so I kept my mouth shut. Slowly, my feelings for you started to get bigger.
     When I hd the courage to even try to confess to you, that's when you told the whole world that you were dating her. In front of you, of course.
     I congratulated you andsmiled. On the inside I cried. I hope you won't feel too bad because you made someone cry. I know this because I remember when you had your first fight with your girlfriend. You came crying to me telling me how much you made her cry.
     But, don't cry for me. You have a family, so cry for them, cry for your wife, cry for your kids, cry if you're hurt, cry for your pet even; but don't cry for me. I'll just feel worse than I already am.
     I guess this is what you call "friend-zoned." Haha. You were always cracking up jokes too. Some of them were funny, some of them were just plain stupid. I couldn't bring myself to not laugh at them though.
    I guess you could say i was a disgusting wimp too. When Seungcheol told us that he was in love, you supported him. When he finally confessed and got the guy, he introduced us to him.
     Remember? Later that day you told me how much you hate homouals. I remember your girlfriend telling me to not worry much about it. She also said that she is okay with being friends with a homoual. Did she talk to you about it? Oh, how is your wife? How are your kids? Do they miss me? You don't have to answer these questions.
     Remember when Seungcheol told us his first time? That was pretty funny. Then you asked him if e topped. He didn't answer right away. Personally I think they switched from time to time. Are you still keeping in touch with Seungcheol? Oh, and him and Doyoon are getting married this spring. Are you gonna go? I can't sadly. I really hope you go and at least congratulate them.
     This is kind of embarrassing don't you tink? Getting a love letter from a person who won't even tell you his name. But you told me that you like surprises, so I'll make this a surprise for you.

Sincerely Yours,
Mr. Beanie

"Who's Mr. Beanie?" Mingyu said to himself. There was another paper inside the envelope.

P.S
     This is kind of hard to say, but I'm leaving for military service. If you come and see me off, I would be glad. You will find me at your nearest bus stop.Meet me before 2 p/m on Wednesday. You'll know who I am.
Hint: Beanie.


"Mingyu, what's that?" His wife entered the living. She just got done washing the dishes.
"It's a letter," he paused for a second "From Mr. Beanie." At the words "Mr. Beanie" his wife quickly swiped the letter from Mingyu's hands. She skimmed over the letter then started to cry.
"What's wrong?" Mingyu asked worried, seeing his wife crying.
"He finally said it..." Her sobbed stopped.
Who?" Mingyu
"Just go to the bus stop. It's Wednesday, It's like 1:47 p.m. Hurry up and go find him." She handed him a jacket and pushed him out the door. 


1:55 p.m.

'He was always late,' the air was cold and he has been waiting for quite a while

Wonwoo sat down. "Oh, are you sitting here?" Wonwoo
"Oh, no boy. I was just leaving." said an elderly woman.
"Are You leaving for the army, boy?" The woman smiled gently.
"Yeah. Someone was supposed to meet me before two thogh
"A lover?" The woman asked.
"Sort of, almost lover," Wonwoo
"What do you mean?" She asked
"I never really got the chance to confess how I felt, butwe were the best of friends and did everything together," Wonwoo
"I see a one-sided love..." She said quietly enough for them two to hear.

1:59 p.m.

Mingyu ran like the wind towards his destination. When he got to the but stop, he saw two people. A man with a beanie and and elderly woman.

'There he is!' Mingyu exclaimed.

Mingyu slowed down and caught his breath. Mingyu walked right up to him and tapped him on the shoulder.

'What is tapping me on my shoulder!?' Wonwoo exclaimed in his head.

"Wonwoo!?" Mingyu
"Yeah?" Wonwoo
"You're the one who..." Mingyu was afraid to say the rest not knowing if Wonwoo
"Yeah, I wrote the letter," he said softly.
"like me?" Mingyu
"Yeah, sorry it ws so sudden." Wonwoo
"You, why didn't you ..." Mingyu

The bus can be heard and seen as it is coming down the street to it's stop.

2:05 p.m.

"I have to go," Wonwoo
"WAIT!" Mingyu
"Sorry, I don't think i can. I've waited this long," Wonwoo
"WAIT!" Mingyu screamed.
"Sorry, I don't think i can. I've waited this long." Wonwoo said, a tear escaping his eye and he quickly turned the other way and wiped it.

"HURRY UP WE DON'T HAVE ALL DAY!" The bus driver said in annoyance.

"When will you come back?" Mingyu asked desperately.
"I don't know Mingyu. I don't know." Those were Wonwoos last words before getting on the bus. Not an "I love you" or "Wait for me." Just an "I don't know."


3 Years Later

"I'm finally back," Wonwoo said to himself. He breathed in the air and walked off the bus.

'How will I face Mingyu'

"Wonwoo?" A voice called out to him. "Is that you?" Wonwoo
"Mingyu?" Now it ws Wonwoo's turn to be at loss for words.
"How did y-" He started.
"I waited; I came here everyday hoping that it would be you gettng off that bus." Mingyu stepped closer to Wonwoo
" Wonwoo
"She's alright with it. She told me to just do what my heart tells me too." Mingyu ws now even closer to Wonwoo

"Why? Do you even-"
"Of course I know what I'm doing I told you already, my wife is okay. She really likes you; my kids do too." Mingyu smiled that stupid smile of his and locked his fingers with Wonwoo's
"I don't kn-"
"Know? That's okay. The confession was sudden. I didn't expect you to. I bet this is a lot to take in." Mingyu had his arms around Wonwoo's
 
"It is but-"
"I still love you?" Mingyu finished for Wonwoo They had their foreheads touching and Wonwoo
"Let me finish!" Wonwoo blushed like strawberries when they are first riped
"I will, but first let's go somewhere more secretive." Mingyu took Wonwoo's hand and took him to a place.


"How is this more secretive?" Mingyu led Wonwoo into a cafe.
"Because, we're like the only ones in here." Mingyu
"Why do you keep smiling?" Wonwoo
"Because I'm happy. I'm happy at the fact that you still came to me after how long you waited. You must really love me huh?" Mingyu said.
"I never siad I loved you!" He protested and crossed his arms.
"But, you did say you liked me," Mingyu
"You're being unfair." Wonwoo

"I know, I've been unfair to you for 10 years. How can I ever make it up to you?"
"Then I want a kiss." Wonwoo
"What?"
"Neverminds
"How can I make it up to you?" Mingyu
"Just be with me... forever." He said.

"As you wish," Mingyu joked. He leaned towards Wonwoo and held his face to look at him. Then, he pecked him on the lips.
"What was that for!?" Wonwoo
"You said you wanted a kiss." Mingyu
"I thought you didn't hear me!" He said a bit agitated.
"So you did want a kiss." Mingyu said mischievously.
"YOU!" Wonwoo was flustered.

"Excuse me, if you're not going to order anything then please get a room," The two looked up to see a smirking Seungcheol and Doyoon.

"It's about time, I thought you guys would never hook up." Doyoon said.


 

Hope you liked the story~ My cousin wrote it and I helped edit it a little ^_^

Please leave comments for my cousin :D