One Normal Night

Would You Believe What That Sasaeng Did?!

 

“Wanna come to the pre-exam party with me, buddy?”

 

Daehyun, asking again if I want to accompany him to another “fun” party. He knows I dislike the noise & “enjoyment” they incorporate at every party they host, over and over and over again. They find it stimulating? Pfft, as if that’s true. Would you call coming home looking and acting like a zombie stimulated? I sure wouldn’t.

 

“Daehyun, you do know we have exams starting tomorrow, right?”

“Yes, I do, mister. That’s why I had them call it a ‘pre-exam party’. Smart idea, isn’t it?”

“Sureeee, if that’s what you want to believe. I’m not going though. When have I ever gone to one of your parties?”

“I know. That’s why I always ask you every time there’s a new one. You could change your mind.”

“Since when have you changed your mind when I asked you to study with me before exams?”

“Never.” He says with a big grin on his face.

“That is the only similarity we have.”

 

“Alright, fine. Can I borrow your laptop for this party, though? The DJ I hired is kinda scatterbrained, so she might forget some things. At least with a back-up lapto--.”

“Don’t you even dare suggest taking my laptop from me! You know I love my baby. Ask someone else!” I say, while covering my laptop protectively with my arms.

“Aww, come on~ I’m your best friend, right? You cherish that thing more than me?” He says with puppy dog eyes. I’d like to say it doesn’t make my resolve melt, but it does, a little.

“Oh, shut up. I still love my baby more than you. Just go ask Jongup or someone else.”

 

It looked like he was slapped for a moment after I said that. Then he laughed. Ego.

“Hahahah, you’re so selfish.” He says in a childish tone. “Fine, I’ll go ask Junhong then I’ll go straight to the party, kay?”

“Fine, come back before 1, alright? We don’t know what could happen to you out there. You’re still an idol.”

“I know that. I don’t need you to be my manager.” He stuck his tongue out, then sulked on the way out.

 

He could get real childish sometimes, I can only wonder if he’s really above 20.

I guess people never really grow up.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I go to Junhong’s & Jongup’s dorm room. They’re our dongsaengs but we get along well so I doubt they’d refuse me their things, right? Unlike that technology geek I call my bestfriend. I can’t believe he loves that laptop more than he loves me!

I reach my dongsaeng’s door and immediately hear music coming from inside. I try to knock but I guess they can’t hear, so I try the knob and it’s unlocked! So I just barge in and find the two having a dance battle. It’s not uncommon to us so I join the dancing. This is a good warm-up for the party later. Yeah!

 

I dance with them for one whole song but before the music shifts I stop Junhong for a moment to ask him for his laptop. “Wait, wait, Junhong, can I borrow your laptop for tonight? I need one for the pre-exam party but mine’s at the repair shop but Youngjae won’t let me borrow his.”

“You tried to borrow Youngjae hyung’s laptop? Are you cray-cray or something, Hyung?” Junhong chuckled. Ï’m composing a song now, though.” He then looked at Jongup and said, “Hyung, maybe you could?”

“Yeah, Jongup, please? I’ll get you a new album to dance to.” I bribed. Ït’s okay, Hyung, Junhong’s still making new songs. Just please take care of it.” Jongup allowed. “Yeah, last time it got splashed with punch, didn’t it? Good thing it was already turned off.” Junhong quipped with a laugh. I laughed with him but sheepishly accepted the laptop bag Jongup was handing me. “

“Yeah, sorry about that again, Jongup.” I tell Jongup with a hand on his shoulder. He patted my hand. “You really don’t wanna come with me to the party?” I ask them as I walk towards the door. “Nah, you go, Hyung, you’re enough star power for them.” Junhong says with a grin on his face. I flash them a smile and say, “That’s true. I am fabulous.”

 

I leave them laughing.

 

On my way out of the building, I sign out from the front desk.

"How long are you gonna be out Mister? Did you tell your manager yet?" the student behind the desk ask me jokingly. I still don't know her name despite seeing her here every night.

"I'll be back after midnght, Miss. We've talked about this last night, right?" I say with a wink.

"I'm just checking. You could have changed your mind." she says with a shrug.

"You know I don't easily change my mind, Miss." I say then leave waving backwards to her.

"See you later." I hear faintly from her.

 

See me later? Well, I just might see her back here when I come back. I don't know her shift anyway.