Lost Time

Lost Time - Soohyun

The middle of the night, made you feel uneasy being the only one home. Putting in a movie as you wrapped the blanket around you to try and pass the time as well as the lonely feeling. Sitting on the couch, the scenes flashed into the dark room as the movie began to pull you in and engulf you in the plot lines as the door open. Soohyun changed his shoes as he looked in to see a movie playing and you sitting on the couch as he smiled as he left his bag by the door.

Moving around the couch he sat down next to you as you didn’t even acknowledge him. Soohyun moved closer to you as you still didn’t flinch, then he waved his hand in front of your face as you snapped your head over to look at him as you jumped thinking he was someone else, since your boyfriend, Soohyun, hadn’t been around lately.

"S-Soohyun?" You whispered as he chuckled and slipped his arm around you.

"Hi princess." He huskily whispered pulling you closer to him as he reclined onto the couch, you rested your head on his chest as your arms folded on his chest as his fingers gently played with your hair. The movie began to flash it’s light around the room, your eyes began to drop with the weight of sleep as your breathing got slower as Soohyun rested his head on the arm rest as he rubbed your back gently. Trying to make the little time, with you he had, last he kissed your head softly.

The vibration of his phone snapped him back into reality as he moved slightly under you to get his phone from his pocket. Pulling up the urgent message, he sighed as it was from his manager, he knew he had to go but the time with you he had, was far and few between.

Typing back to his manager, he slipped his phone back into his pocket as he looked down at you, who was now sleeping in his arms.

"I’m sorry angel, I have to go. I’ll be back soon. I’ll see you in your dreams." He whispered softly as he tucked some hair behind your ear as he carefully, and slowly moved from underneath you. Getting you comfy on the couch, he kissed your forehead gently before covering you in another blanket and turning off the movie as he made his quiet exit.

The next morning came quickly as the birds happily chirped their songs as the sun cascaded in through the large windows and onto your sleeping figure. Stirring lightly, you opened your eyes just for them to readjust themselves and flutter shut. Extending your hand, you felt no one around you as you knew that Soohyun was just with you last night.

Pushing yourself upward, you sat rounding your back as you yawned coming to the reality that he was busy and he had to leave you again. Sighing into the still, morning air you moved to the shower as you got ready for another day without him.

Once out of the shower, you picked up your phone to see a few new messages. One was from your best friend Kaetie, another one was from Soohyun and the last one was from another friend of yours.

Do you want to hang out today? Your best friend messaged as you sat on the counter as you pouted.

No I am not really feeling up to it, thanks for the offer. I will just hang around the house today.

Is Soohyun still gone? - K

He visited me last night and then he left this morning. You sighed as you recounted his soft touch and his beating heart combined with his constant breath as you looked at his message.

Good morning beautiful. I hope you slept well, it was wonderful to see you last night - S

It was good to see you too, thanks for coming home for a few hours You honestly said as you looked at your other messages before getting yourself some cereal. 

At the studio, Soohyun was on a half an hour lunch break as he warmed up some noodles and ate it as a phone call shook his phone. Lifting the phone to his ear, he cleared his throat.

"Hello?" Soohyun answered

"Is this Shin Soohyun?" A sweet, lady like voice came over the phone as he became very cautious.

"Yes it is, who is this?" He asked not wanting to be rude.

"I am Kaetie, _______’s best friend." She said as Soohyun felt a large weight lift off his shoulders, knowing who she was.

"Is something wrong?" He asked as the long pauses and the stuttering that was in Kaetie’s voice was a give away.

”______ really misses you, she is always sad now and doesn’t want to do anything, she just stays at home now and mopes around. I am really concerned for her Soohyun.” Kaetie said as Soohyun’s heart dropped.

"She didn’t seem that sad when I visited her last night." Soohyun said as his mind quickly turned to you

"She just give subtle hints, just do something please, it hurts seeing her sad all the time." Kaetie said as Soohyun and her hung up the call.

Soohyun ran his hand through his hair as he thought about you and when he told you that his schedule has increased and that he would have to leave more often. You said that it was fine and that you would be routing for him, but now this new knowledge had him rethinking your solid answer that you gave him.

Tapping his fingers against his phone, he typed a message to you just to erase it, rewriting and erasing. He finally wrote something and sent it as his heart hurt and felt a new weight on it than ever before.

Sitting on your bed, you laid on your stomach as your legs crossed as you flipped your pages of your book before your phone rang due to another incoming message.

Are you really ok with me spending this much time away from you? I won’t be mad if you tell me the truth. - S

Biting your lip, you reread that message a hundred times, your heart wanted to tell him that you weren’t ok and that you needed him here with you but your mind pushed your feelings back as your fingers responded back to his message.

Like I told you, I am fine, honest. I know it is your job and that you need to do this to further your career. Don’t worry about me.

I do worry about you because I love you. Nothing will change that.

By now, you had tears rolling down your cheeks as your phone rang to Soohyun calling you.

"Baby" He said sweetly over the line as you tried to calm your shaking voice.

"I am really fine, Soohyun. You don’t need to keep checking in with me." You said trying to hold back so many emotions as your tone began to sound a little angry.

"I just worry about you." He said softly as you looked upwards to try and keep the tears in your eyes.

"I know, but you need to focus on your job. I’m fine." You said as he took in a deep breath.

"Only if you are sure." He could sense something was wrong from your voice as you just reassured him again before ending the call.

Tears streamed from your eyes as the length of the call showed on the screen. Wiping away your tears you tried to distract your mind with the book once again.

An hour passed before you heard the door open and close, thinking it is your mind playing tricks on you, you shook it off and looked back at your book.

The bedroom door opened slowly as it’s soft creaking caught your attention as Soohyun stood there with a soft smile on his face as he held your favorite flower in his hand.

”______” His soft, voice called you as you pushed yourself up off of the bed as you sat on your folded legs.

"S-S-Soohyun what are you doing here?" You stood up and walked towards him slowly as he looked down at the flower as he moved away from the door.

"To be with you" He replied lovingly as your lip quivered as you closed the space between you and him as you jumped into his arms wrapping your arms around his neck.

Placing the flower on the top of your dresser, he wrapped his arms around you as he held you close. Burring your head into his shoulder tears raced down your cheeks. Feeling your body shake and cry in his arms he held you tighter as he sat down on the bed as your legs wrapped around him.

"Shhhhh I’m not going to be leaving for a while." Soohyun tried to soothe you as he rubbed your back and held you close as he kissed your head.

"W-W-What about w-w-w-work?" You choked out as he rocked you carefully from side to side.

"They gave me a little break." He paused, "Well I asked them for a little time off to be with you. They were ok with it, just as long as I call them once a day." He says as you held onto him tighter.

Holding you in his arms for a few hours, your tears subsided as the light outside began to fade. Carefully rubbing your back, you pulled away from him as he wiped your wet cheeks with his long sleeve as he lifted your chin up as his head tilted and gently touched your lips with his as the kiss was bitter with a touch of sweetness as you kissed him back gently as your heart began to feel full and complete.

Pulling away, you yawned as you snuggled into his chest. Listening to his heart, made you feel right at home as he laid on the bed with you in his arms. Wrapping your arms around him and your legs, you didn’t want him to leave tonight as he just chuckled at you before holding you closer to him.

"You’re so beautiful." He pet your hair slowly as he kissed your forehead, "Thank you for being strong for me."