Final.

The Snow Prince

Winter settled in once again over the last couple of weeks, leaving the land covered in white snow and water covered in thick ice. Everyone had already gotten out their woolly jumpers and kick started their fires so that the cold wouldn’t harm them too much – it was time to get as warm as they could. However, this was the time of the year where the stories began circulating around the public again, and children learned of the country’s very own legend.

It was the story about the Snow Prince. He was the one that ruled their lands, controlled their laws and had the highest voice in the country. However, the strange thing about him was that no one had ever lay eyes on him – no one in the country had ever seen their leader.

People told the story of how he was cold-hearted, how he was ruthless if someone ever betrayed him and how he was absolutely beautiful. Someone with a godly face, but a devil’s personality.

The Prince was reportedly living in a frozen castle in the north, somewhere which was hard to get too. It was covered in mountains and broken tracks. Literally impossible to get to, which just added to the mysterious aura of the legend. To be honest, some even thought that the Prince didn’t even exist for they didn’t even know his name – how were they to be ruled by someone like that?

However, the story really intrigued one boy in particular. He was, you could say, the complete polar opposite of how the Prince was described.

He was not one to sit quietly and read, or do something alike. No, he’d much rather be outside, playing around with his friends or simply annoying other people that passed by. He didn’t mean to be annoying, it sort of came naturally. When he had heard the story about the snow Prince, he was around 14. Apparently, they were about the same age.

So, he would be around eighteen as well now. And the fact that the Prince should be his age just made him a hell of a lot more curious as well. Which was also why he was now currently zipping up his winter coat, and trying to ignore his friends talking beside him.

Or really, they were trying to talk him out of this trip.

“Sungyeol, this trip is absolutely ridiculous.” His friend, Woohyun, explained. “And you know that.” He said, glaring at his friend who was just ignoring him completely.

And Sungyeol had been ignoring his remarks for about ten minutes now.

“Sungyeol, Sungyeol!” Woohyun shouted, grabbing on the other’s shoulders to stop him from fidgeting. Moving forward, he looked sternly into the others eyes and sighed. “Look, you don’t even know if this stupid rumour is real.” He explained, staring at the other and hoping he’d see reason. “What if you trek halfway across the country only to find a big pile of snow?”

The younger looked up at him and shrugged his shoulders. He didn’t even look that bothered about it.

“Look, if it isn’t real then it isn’t.” Sungyeol said before he grinned at the other. “But what if it is Woohyun? What if a gorgeous snow Prince is alone in a big castle just waiting for some company?!” He said, looking too excited.

Woohyun stared at him before shaking his head.

“Dude. The legend says he’s ‘cold-hearted’ and ‘ruthless’. That doesn’t exactly shout lonely and looking for some company to me.” The other’s friend tried to reason.

But he knew it in his head that Sungyeol wasn’t going to change his mind.

Sadly, that was just the way he was. Once he had his heart set on something, he didn’t obscure from that path. Sungyeol smiled kindly at him before hoisting his bag over his shoulder, getting ready to leave. Hugging Woohyun, he ruffled the older’s hair before moving to the door and waving.

“Bye Woo!” he shouted.

“…Be careful Sungyeol.” Woohyun whispered as he watched the other’s back. Oh god, he just hoped that the other wouldn’t be reckless.

“Oh god…” Sungyeol whispered as he fell to his knees into the snow, wiping the sweat off of his forehead as his body ached. Maybe he should’ve listened to Woohyun. It had already been a few days, and he was slowly running out of food and water. The cold around him was slowly seeping into his skin, making him grow more ill by the second. “I-I-I need… f-f-f-fire…” His stuttering was out of control, but he managed to stand up again.

He had to get somewhere to gain shelter, there was no way he could just continue moving forward blankly without any idea where he was going. Maybe he shouldn’t have gone on this journey.

Moving his legs forward – taking little steps as that was the only strength he could muster up at the moment – he looked forward through his snowy eyelashes.

What he saw in front of him made his breath hitch.

“N-N-No way…” Sungyeol muttered, his eyes bugling. Directly in front of him stood a large, crystal castle that made him wonder how he missed it before. The only word to describe this castle was beautiful. “Oh… My… God.” He just couldn’t believe that this place was real. He always wanted it to be, but to be honest, he wasn’t expecting to find it.

But if the palace was real, then that means almost certainly the snow Prince was too.

Soon enough he had gotten to the giant front doors, and he reluctantly let his hands out of his jacket so he could knock. Although it felt pretty weird to be knocking on such large double doors, but there was no doorbell or guards or whatever.

After waiting a relatively generous couple of minutes, he groaned and repeatedly knocked, although he got to response whatsoever.

“Oh screw this.” Sungyeol muttered before he grabbed the large door knob and pushed on it. With a loud creek, it moved forward and he was able to quickly escape the cold and move into the warm crystal palace. Inside, it was marvellous. It was like everything he had dreamed it would be. “Wow…” He moved forward, letting out a sigh of relief as he got warmer by the second, he looked around to see if he could see anyone. “Hello?!” he shouted, moving up the brilliant staircase.

Sungyeol didn’t really know if he wanted anyone to reply, as he had a feeling there was only one resident and since the palace was real, he thought that the Prince’s personality was probably connected to the legend as well.

Letting his hand slide on the banister, he reached the top and drew a big breath.

There was a lot of doors around him now, all leading into different rooms, and now it was up to him to search them. Since he was here, he had to find the Prince.

That’s who he came for really, anyway.

Taking a tour into the first large room, he opened the door slowly and peeked his head through. Miraculously, he saw a large king-sized bed, and a figure sleeping within. Well, that was a little easy.

Sungyeol moved into the room silently – aware that he was being really creepy just now – and started going over to the figure on the bed who was lying face down, not letting Sungyeol see exactly what they looked like – but the covers weren’t covering their entire body, so he could see it was a boy.

A boy with a very nice toned back – he had no t-shirt on and Sungyeol now felt like a ert.

Well, he had to wake him up – no matter who it was.

Moving his hand forward, he placed it slightly on the boy’s bare shoulder and nudged him.

“H-Hello?” he whispered, aware the other was probably going to go crazy. Nudging him once again, he bit his lip. “Um, hello?” His voice was louder now, and apparently it was loud enough for the other to hear him. The boy on the bed lifted his head before turning around to Sungyeol.

That’s when Sungyeol gasped at how absolutely beautiful the other was.

But then he realised the other was staring at him in complete shock. Almost instantly, the boy in the bed shot up and jumped to the other side, staring at the intruder with wide eyes. Pointing a finger to the other, the boy shouted.

“Who the are you?!” the boy asked. Sungyeol expected this, but he put his hands up in surrender before he spoke softly, trying to sound as friendly as he could.

“I-I’m so sorry, b-but I needed somewhere to stay for a while.” Sungyeol explained – not wanting to share that he was actually looking for the snow prince. Of course, he had suspicions that the other was the snow prince – but he had to be sure. “It’s cold outside… and I haven’t seen anywhere else in a while.”

The other boy stared at him before putting his hand down. His facial expression calmed down a little but he still looked stern. Turning around, he moved to a large walk-in cupboard and opened it, grabbing a black t-shirt before shoving it on, hiding his body from the other in the room.

Turning around, he stared at the other expressionless.

“What is your name?” he asked, turning back to his cupboard and picking out some white skinny jeans. Sungyeol watched him dress before he sighed.

The boy dressed awfully casual for a prince.

“S-Sungyeol. My name is Sungyeol.” He whispered. Sungyeol bit his lips as he stood nervously, watching the other change. But he had to admit – the other had a rocking body – and if anything, he certainly had the looks to be the legendary ‘Snow Prince’. The boy was actually perfect, and Sungyeol felt his cheeks redden a little just thinking about it.

Once the other was fully dressed – adding black military boots to his outfit – he turned and faced Sungyeol.

He moved forward, his eyes void of all emotion. Sungyeol actually felt a little scared.

“Why are you so far up the mountain?” he asked, his voice low.

“I-I was…” Sungyeol was about to try and think of an excuse, but before he could, the other spoke once again.

“Tell me the truth.” The boy said. “You are in my home, you are trespassing, and if you even think of lying to me, I will throw you back out into the cold to die.”

Sungyeol’s eyes widened at the other’s statement. Well, there was that ruthlessness coming into it, and finally he understood that the other was indeed the Snow Prince. And man, it seemed like the whole legend was completely true. Biting his lip, he could only nod before speaking again – this time telling the truth, just in case he was about to get thrown back into that godforsaken snow.

“I came to… find you.” He said, and the other stared at him confusedly. “You are the snow Prince right?” As soon as those words left his mouth, the other boy’s eyes widened.

“The ‘Snow Prince’?” he asked as if he was surprised at the term.

Sungyeol nodded, watching the other carefully. The boy stared at him before he spoke once again, in a bored tone.

“Is that what they call me these days?” He asked, turning around and moving to the window. The other didn’t say anything but just watched as the Prince opened the curtains to allow some light into the room. Now he was thinking he really should’ve thought what he was going to say if he did find the prince. But now, he was totally blank. “Sungyeol, right?” the other asked, making the other jump a little, but he nodded. “You can stay here until tomorrow morning, and then you have to leave.”

To say that Sungyeol was disheartened by that would be the truth, but all he found himself doing was nodding. It was weird. He had never found himself speechless before, but maybe it was because he was in front of the most handsome boy he had ever seen.

The Prince stared at him before he sighed.

“Do not call me that name please.” He said, and the other squinted his eyes in confusion.

“What name?” he wondered. The other sighed before answered.

“The ‘Snow Prince’.” His voice grew darker as he said it. “If you are going to address me, then please, just call me Myungsoo.”

Sungyeol gulped as he repeated that name over and over in his head. It was perfect name to fit a perfect boy. Nodding his head, he watched as the other left the room almost immediately, and all he could think of doing was follow him. Soon enough, both of them were in the very large dining room – or so Sungyeol assumed – and all of a sudden there was another person entering -  a maid. There was food on the table five minutes later, and Sungyeol was sitting at the table with Myungsoo.

It was incredibly awkward however. Although Sungyeol was now warm, he kind of wished he was outside because he could not think of a single thing to say to the Prince that was eating silently opposite him.

If Woohyun saw him right now, he’d laugh. The almighty Sungyeol stuck at conversation.

It never happened. And now Sungyeol wanted it to stay that way. So he gathered up as much courage as he could and looked over at the beautiful boy.

“Myungsoo...” The way the name slipped his lips nearly made him smile, but he got the other’s attention quickly. “Can I ask you a couple of questions?” Sungyeol wondered, hoping the other would agree. The prince stared at him before nodding slowly. “Why do you live all the way up here by yourself?”

Myungsoo stopped his eating and he placed his fork down. Looking up at the guest in his house, he pursed his lip before sighing.

“Because I was told to.”

That certainly wasn’t the answer he was expecting. Sungyeol cleared his throat a little.

“By who?” All he hoped was that the other didn’t mind his questions. The Prince continued to just stare at him before he looked back down at his plate. Myungsoo placed another bit of meat in his mouth before swallowing and finally speaking again.

“By my parents – the King and Queen.”

That was another weird part to the story. Of course, usually the ruler of a country would in fact be the King and Queen, but the people saw the Prince as the true ruler. It was something that wasn’t fully understood by Sungyeol, he just went along with it, however, he had always wondered what had happened to the Prince’s parents.

They had been seen by the public – once.

“Where are they?” Sungyeol wondered, knowing that he had certainly not heard anyone else within the palace – especially not the king and queen. The prince let out a deep sigh before he placed his fork down and stared up at Sungyeol. That’s when Sungyeol thought he was about to get booted out of the building. But surprisingly, the other just continued to answer his questions.

“They died.” Myungsoo said, not an emotion crossing his face. The other gulped. “It happened when I was fifteen. Four years ago.” Suddenly, Sungyeol caught the other’s eyes watering a little, it was obviously bringing up bad memories.

“You don’t need to tell me.”

The prince stared at him and sat in silence.

Sungyeol bit his lip but he was kind of glad to see a bit of emotion flicker across Myungsoo’s face. Placing his own fork down – feeling stuffed from the amazing food – he decided to move onto the next question.

Leaning forward, he stared at the other who was still looking at his plate.

“Why do people call you the ‘Snow Prince’?” he asked curiously. Although, he already kind of knew the reason considering they were in a crystal type palace. But what he really wanted to know was why Myungsoo didn’t like the term. The prince lifted his head and he pursed his lips a little.

Myungsoo tapped his fingers on the table.

“Well, apparently I have a heart made of ice. I live in a palace deep in the snow. I am a prince considering the queen gave birth to me.”

Sungyeol had a slight feeling the other was making fun of him.

“Why don’t you like it?” He asked. Trying to change the subject, he watched as the other’s expression was blank and cold again.

“Because it’s a stereotype people have made up for me. You’re the first person I’ve ever met outside the maids and butlers and my parents. Perhaps that’s also the reason I hate it.” The boy said, clenching his hands into fists before speaking quietly. “Because it’s inevitably true.”

The other stared at him in wonder. It seemed the other wasn’t all his image portrayed him to be. Biting his lips, he replied.

“Well, you don’t have a cold heart.” Sungyeol said, smiling slightly.

“How would you know?” Myungsoo moved his gaze up to the stranger in his palace and waited for an answer. How dare this person come into his life and assume things about him.

“Well, you didn’t kick me out – that’s one reason.” Sungyeol explained.

Myungsoo stared at him before standing up. The other just watched him carefully as the Prince left the room and left him alone. Well, he had obviously pushed a button that the other didn’t appreciate, but at least he was allowed to breath properly now. Taking a deep breath, he ran his hand through his hair before standing up.

Since he only had one day and night to learn everything he could about Myungsoo, he wanted to make the most of it.

Quickly finding out where the prince was, he found him in his bedroom again, just sitting on the edge of the bed in silence. That’s when Sungyeol started to wonder how the other spent his time. What did he do with his day? Moving forward – he knew Myungsoo knew he was there, but he wasn’t moving, so he took that as an okay to sit beside him. When he did, he stared at the other silently.

Minutes passed before Myungsoo turned to face the other.

“What is it?” The Prince asked, obviously not used to being stared at.

“What do you do with your day?” Sungyeol wondered, deciding to just be blunt. The other bit his lip before he shrugged his shoulders.

“Think.”

“About what?” Sungyeol asked, but the other looked like he was starting to get annoyed.

“Why do you want to know?” The ice cold personality came back. Myungsoo stood up again and moved over to his window, simply staring out into the land that was covered in deep, deep snow. Sungyeol stared at him in amazement. Once again, the other looked rather beautiful bathed in sunlight.

“I’m curious about you.” The older explained, and the prince laughed sarcastically before turning around and staring at him in silence. Sungyeol stood up. “There are so many things that I want to know about someone who has been stuck in a castle all of his life without any contact with the outside world.” Sungyeol said, smiling kindly at the other. The Prince stayed silent, which the other took as an agreement to ask him questions. “Like, have you ever had your first kiss?”

Sungyeol knew that it was a pretty erted question to ask first, but really, he was pretty damn curious. If Myungsoo had only been here for his life – does that mean he had never had a boyfriend or even a friend to experiment with.

That was something very interesting to the boy.

Myungsoo’s eyes immediately widened at the other’s question. Looking at him with rather angry – but embarrassed – eyes, he brushed past the other and sat on the bed again.

“That’s a bit personal don’t you think?” He said. “And it’s highly improper to ask that to a member of the royal family. Especially the one that is the leader of your country.”

Of course it was improper. But that doesn’t mean Sungyeol hadn’t left the nervous and embarrassed personality behind him at the dinner table and was now overflown with high confidence that he only had a day with this gorgeous creature, because he did.

And he was going to use it to his advantage.

Besides, he would never get another chance like this. Ever.

“It is. But I want to know.” Sungyeol said, standing in front of the other who was now actually blushing. “See? You’re not cold hearted – your blushing is proof of that.”

As soon as he said that, the Prince’s hands flew up to his cheeks.

Sungyeol hid a smile before he waited for the other’s answer. It was time to get the other to lighten up a bit.

“No.” Myungsoo whispered.

“‘No’, as in you’ve never been kissed?” The older asked, moving forward, trying to keep the grin off of his lips. The prince nodded his head. Sungyeol wondered why the other was agreeing to answer him, but he didn’t dwell on it. Besides, he was getting what he wanted –why argue with that? “Wow, that’s something.” Sungyeol said, pursing his lips. “Don’t you ever want to be with someone?” He asked, wondering if Myungsoo has thought about it.

Myungsoo looked up at him and nodded his head ever so slowly. His cold façade was already breaking down rather quickly after Sungyeol’s arrival. Perhaps it was because he was really the first normal person he’s spoken to.

“…Why don’t you leave this place?” The other asked, tilting his head to the side a little.

“That really isn’t an option.” Myungsoo said, looking up at the other. His hands were clasped firmly together on his lap as he thought about it. If he was ever to leave this palace, who would even look after it? There was no way he could escape. Someone had to stay here and look after it.

There was an ever longing silence in the atmosphere before it ended with Sungyeol sitting beside the prince again.

Just as an experiment, Sungyeol shuffled a little closer. The Prince felt the boy’s thigh against his own, and he felt his cheeks heat up once more. Turning his head to face him, he was about to ask a question before the other beat him to it.

“Want to try?” Sungyeol asked, biting his lip before he let his eyes roam the other’s body.

All of a sudden he felt an overwhelming sense of confidence run over his body. Maybe it was because the cold-hearted and ruthless prince actually turned out to be a nervous teenager. One that was inexperienced. That was an incredible quality that Sungyeol found very attractive. Myungsoo could feel the other’s eyes moving around his body, and he felt a little violated – which he didn’t appreciate in his own home.

“Can you not do that?” Myungsoo asked, or really, ordered. He was the prince and all.

“Do what?” Sungyeol asked, feigning innocence.

“Stop… looking at me.” Myungsoo said, his eyes squinting a little. When the other just shrugged his shoulders, the prince sighed and began just looking out of the window. He was trying really hard to ignore the other. But inside, he was a little glad to actually have some company that was his age. “What did you mean by ‘want to try’?” The boy suddenly asked, his eyes still not wavering from the window.

Sungyeol smiled at the other’s question. He was waiting for the other to catch onto that.

his lips, he prayed to god that what was going to happen next was what he wanted.

“I meant, do you want to try kissing?” As those words left his mouth, he felt the prince beside him freeze on the spot. That just meant he had struck something inside of the other, and since the other didn’t immediately decline, it meant something good. “Can I take that as a yes?”

Myungsoo frowned before he turned to face the other.

In those moments alone, Sungyeol worked very quickly. Bringing up one of his hands, he caught the prince’s jaw softly and pressed his lips quickly against the other’s.

The expression on Myungsoo’s face was a sight to behold. He looked so surprised, and then it quickly changed to a fearful expression, before he calmed down. And then, Sungyeol watched in amazement as the younger’s eyes softly closed and he felt the other move more against him.

Their kiss was soft and tender, Sungyeol was well aware that this was the other’s first kiss of his life. It had to mean something.

Softly the other’s cheek with his thumb, he closed his own eyes.

Moving away, he his own lips to taste the other once again. Even though it was probably merely a peck, he had to say that he felt that the other had the potential to be a brilliant kisser.

Myungsoo just stared at him in silence.

And then it hit Sungyeol what had just happened. He had just been the snow prince’s first kiss. That was an extremely proud achievement of his. Smiling to himself, he watched as Myungsoo was softly blushing. It was one of the cutest sights ever. When he got back, he was going to tell Woohyun that the so-called Snow Prince was one of the most adorable creatures he had ever laid eyes on.

“So? What did you think?” Sungyeol asked, smiling at the boy.

Myungsoo didn’t speak – he was way too shocked to say a single word. All he could do in this situation was just stare at the stranger who had just stolen his first kiss.

The older smiled before he placed his hand on the other’s cheek once again.

It made the prince freeze up. But he didn’t stop anything from happening. Sungyeol smiled again before he pressed their lips together for the second time that day. Closing his eyes quickly, he used his other free hand to lay on Myungsoo’s waist before he pushed up against him more.

Myungsoo was startled a little when he felt the other’s lips moving even more against his own.

But he moved his own, fearing that he’d seem weak. That and he actually liked the taste of the other’s lips against his. It actually felt nice, and he closed his eyes just to focus completely on the other’s lips. Suddenly, the prince felt the other’s hot tongue prod against his lips, and out of excitement for trying a new thing, he immediately opened his mouth to let the other’s muscle in.

It felt weird at first, so he just let the other do what he wanted. His own tongue stayed dormant, before he felt Sungyeol’s own touch it. Then there was some sparks of electricity, and Myungsoo took a chance and began moving his own tongue.

Soon enough they were making out, but it was slow and passionate.

Myungsoo was happy the other was taking his time.

Sungyeol suddenly stood up – keeping their lips attached however – moving in front of him and simply focusing on exploring the other’s wondrous cavern. The snow prince tasted magnificent, and if he could, he’d make out with him all day.

But for now, he wanted to move it just a little further – if the younger was okay with it of course.

Moving away, he stared at the other who was softly heaving whilst biting his lip very seductively – of course it wasn’t on purpose, but unbeknownst to him, it was having a rather big effect on the older.

Sungyeol moved his hands to the other’s waist and softly picked him up off the bed so that their chests were now touching. Taking a deep breath, he smiled.

“May I?” he asked, his voice soft and calming to the other.

Myungsoo stared at him for a while before he nodded. To be honest, the prince had no idea what Sungyeol wanted to do to him, but he just agreed because to be honest, he didn’t mind what he wanted to do. It was an exciting time for him right now, and he’d let the other do whatever he wanted. He felt Sungyeol’s hands clench his waist tighter, before his body was moved onto the middle of the bed calmly.

It made his heart beat faster as his head hit one of the pillows. But what really made his body heat up, was when Sungyeol smirked at him and moved onto the bed along with him.

What happened next startled him.

Sungyeol took a risk. Moving over to the irresistible boy on the bed – he straddled his waist and leaned down, capturing his lips again. The prince forgot to breathe for a moment. But soon enough, he kissed the other passionately, his hands moving to Sungyeol’s neck as he pulled him closer.

Sungyeol’s own hands were moving down the other’s sides, trying not to do too much.

Their tongues tangled with each other again, and instead of being slow, Sungyeol turned the pace up a little before he began to dominate the prince’s mouth with his tongue. Sliding his muscle along the other’s teeth, he leaned down more and moved his fingers underneath Myungsoo’s shirt. He waited for the other to move away and tell him to stop. But he never did.

So he continued. He never moved his fingers any further up than the prince’s torso, but the feeling of the other’s soft skin was making him feel fuzzy inside.

Myungsoo loved the feeling of being dominated in a kiss. In fact, he felt kind of addicted already. The boy grabbed onto Sungyeol’s hair and let out a deep breath when the other finally moved away, giving him space to breathe properly.

They stared into each other’s eyes.

“You know, for a beginner, you’re a very good kisser.” Sungyeol mentioned, smirking when the other blushed deeply.

“Shh…” Myungsoo whispered.

Sungyeol rolled off of him, lying beside him as they both stared at the ceiling in Myungsoo’s bedroom. The silence wasn’t that awkward – of course it wasn’t completely comfortable – it was still rather peaceful. Sighing, the prince grabbed onto the sheets beneath him and tried to think about what had just happened.

He let a stranger into his palace.

He let a stranger kiss him in his bedroom.

He let a stranger uncover his real personality.

It was a weird day, and Myungsoo wasn’t sure he was going to be able to handle it after the other is gone. In fact, he didn’t know if he was going to be able to handle it now. That was why he was staying silent. It was best not to say a single word because then, he didn’t have to engage in conversation that would inevitably lead to an awkward conversation about what was going to happen next. And that was something he’d really like to avoid. Biting his lips, he took another deep breath.

“You don’t live up to your reputation, Myungsoo.” Sungyeol suddenly said, still loving the way the name rolled off his tongue. He turned his head to the side to look at the other who was trying hard not to look back. “In fact, you’re the complete opposite.”

The prince gulped before he reluctantly turned to Sungyeol.

“Am I?” he asked, and the other nodded.

“In fact, I just think you haven’t had the proper necessities to produce your true personality.” Sungyeol explained, smiling softly at the other. “I mean, you’ve been in this kingdom without anyone to properly communicate with.” He said, thinking sadly about the other’s life. “You need to have friends in order to figure out what kind of person you are, in your life, you haven’t had that. But, tell me you don’t see the difference in yourself since I’ve been here.”

Myungsoo looked at him with saddened eyes before he let out a deep breath. It was true, it’s been eighteen years and he hadn’t had a single friend within that period. Sungyeol was the first normal person he had ever communicated with.

It made him feel rather sad inside. In fact, he could feel repressed feelings building up in his chest at the thought of being alone his entire life.

Maybe that was why he let Sungyeol do whatever.

He had to embrace what social life he was given in this one day. As tomorrow it’d be gone, so perhaps he just had to let it happen. Sungyeol watched the other think everything through carefully – the boy had an adorable expression on his face.

“…I think you’re right.” Myungsoo said, squinting his eyes a little. “I mean, I’ve been alone for eighteen years.”

Sungyeol just nodded along.

“Ah but, there’s nothing I can do about it. I need to stay here, protect this palace and protect my family’s honour.” Myungsoo spoke like a true member of the royal family, and the other had to admit that it was very honourable. But just as Sungyeol was about to say something against that, the other stopped him. “I’m sorry Sungyeol, but it’s none of your business.”

“What isn’t?” Sungyeol asked confused, wondering what the other was talking about.

“My life isn’t your business. You may have come seeking me, but tomorrow when you leave, you have to forget about me.” Myungsoo said suddenly, bringing down the light atmosphere around them and making it a darker one.

The prince swung his legs over the bed and sat on the edge, just thinking.

Sungyeol watched him with curiosity. But there was no denying what the other said – it was true after all.

But that doesn’t mean he couldn’t take advantage of the time he did have with the young and handsome prince. That was why he sat up and moved towards the other. Letting each of his legs move around Myungsoo’s waist, he pressed his chest up against the prince’s back and wrapped his arms around the boy’s chest, pulling him backwards.

“Well, since I’m here now, can I explore your real personality a little more?” he asked, and the prince turned his head to look behind him.

What Sungyeol didn’t expect was for the other to be smiling at him.

“Of course you can.” Myungsoo didn’t know where that answer came from, but he thought it was just the other’s influence on him. The boy was a fiery creature, and he was influencing the prince greatly. “Just… be gentle?” he asked, and Sungyeol chuckled.

“Of course, my prince.”

Light shone through the open curtains that weren’t closed the night before, and it awoke the boy on the right side of the bed who was sleeping peacefully beforehand. Yawning a little, he rubbed his eyes before sitting up and staring at the clock that was on the bedside table. It was ten am – rather early for him. However, he felt rather awake, so there was no way he was going to get back to sleep.

As he moved to the other side, he bumped into something else. Looking down, he saw another male lying there – sleeping rather peacefully – and he couldn’t help but frown at the sight.

Because as soon as Sungyeol woke up, this whole thing would only be a memory.

Myungsoo bit his lip and took a deep breath. Standing up, he felt a breeze fly across his body and he frowned at the coldness that suddenly hit him.

That was when he realised he was still .

And that’s when the memory of the night before appeared in his mind. Turning to look at Sungyeol once again, he couldn’t believe that he had let someone who he had just met take his ity that night. But for some reason, Myungsoo didn’t feel a hint of regret in his whole body.

After he had changed into normal clothes, he sat next to the window and let the cold air hit his body slightly. It was a peaceful feeling, he thought about nothing, and it was nice.

“Myungsoo?” Suddenly a voice interrupted him.

Turning around, he saw Sungyeol sitting up and rubbing his eyes as he woke himself up properly. The older boy yawned before smiling at the gorgeous boy on the window sill. He turned around and gathered up some of his own clothes that were conveniently placed on the table for him to take. The prince looked away when the other began getting changed, a small blush on his cheeks appearing even though he had seen much more last night.

The view outside his window was rather beautiful – the snow was a wonderful sight to him, he absolutely loved it. It was related to an old memory of his where he and his parents were playing in the snow when he was very young. There was snow fights of all sorts.

It was a happy place. But that was gone now.

All of a sudden he felt arms round his waist and he couldn’t help but close his eyes and smile.

“Thank you, Sungyeol.” He whispered contently, moving his head to the side to watch him.

Sungyeol smiled sadly before he pecked him on the lips.

They both knew what had to happen now, but neither wanted to say it. Sungyeol let his thumb move over the prince’s cheek before he turned around and moved out of the room, gathering his bag that was now heavier than it had been.

One of the maids explained to him before he left, that the prince had asked them to fill his bag with food and water – enough for the trip home.

Sungyeol was glad.

Moving into the snowy weather, he took one last look at the gorgeous building behind him before leaving to go back to his home town. Myungsoo was still at his bedroom window where he had a clear view of the stranger who had a weird effect on him. As he watched him leave, he knew that he had to forget about this, as soon as Sungyeol was out of his sight, the events of yesterday were to be forgotten.

He smiled sadly as the figure of the older boy disappeared. That was it, the fun was over.

Now back to his life as the ‘Snow Prince’.

Woohyun had to say he was probably the happiest he had ever been when he saw his best friend enter the town again after nearly a week and a half. Rushing over to him, the first thing he did was hug him tightly against his chest.

“You .” He whispered, but he was super glad to see him. Sungyeol chuckled before he hugged the other back, aware that Woohyun was probably super pissed off at him, but it was nice for some human contact again. They both separated and the older stared at him with curious eyes. “So? How was your trip?” he wondered, and Sungyeol shook his head and let out a sigh.

Patting the other’s shoulder, he moved passed his friend until they had reached his house.

It was either that nothing had happened – or something happened.

Once they were both sitting down on Sungyeol’s couch, Woohyun turned to his best friend and smiled.

“So tell me. What happened?” He wondered, and the other took a deep breath.

“I met him.” Sungyeol said. Woohyun’s eyes widened and he immediately searched in the other’s eyes for a sign he was lying. But there was nothing to be found. Now he knew that the other was telling the truth. “I met him Woohyun. His name is Myungsoo. And he’s nothing like the legend.”

“I… I can’t believe it.” Woohyun whispered, looking down at the floor as he thought about it. “You really met him?” He asked, receiving a nod from his friend. It was unbelievable.

Sungyeol leaned back and let out a sigh, letting Woohyun know there was something else.

The other looked rather depressed, and now the older was more curious than ever as to what had really happened on Sungyeol’s trip.

“Tell me what happened.” Woohyun ordered, and the other sighed.

But he told the other absolutely everything that had happened, ignoring the look of disbelief on the other’s face as his story continued. Once he had finished, Woohyun just stared at him as he tried to think through the information he had been given. Basically, his best friend had just told him he had met a prince, bedded him and taken his ity – all in the midst of one day.

It was an amazing feat – but it was one that was pretty hard to believe. Biting his lip, he looked at the other and sighed.

“Are you sure that’s what happened?” he asked, and Sungyeol groaned.

“Why would I lie?” he wondered, and the other did shrug. It was true – Sungyeol wasn’t the best liar either, and besides, he looked completely serious. Now Woohyun pursed his lips and blinked a couple of times.

“Woah.” Was all he could say.

“Yeah…”

There was silence between them. Woohyun could practically feel the sadness roll off of his friend, but there was nothing he could do. Sungyeol sighed before he stood up and turned to Woohyun with a smile.

“I’m pretty tired…” he said, and the other understood.

“Get some good sleep. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Woohyun said, smiling and patting the other’s shoulders.

Sungyeol watched his friend leave before he ran to his bed and jumped into it.

He dreamed of the night he had with the prince, hoping that one day they may be able to meet again, but for now, he guessed that he was happy enough with the thought that Myungsoo had seen him as someone particularly special. The boy smiled sweetly in his dreams as memories flooded his mind. In the back of his head was a nagging feeling – one that told him that that wasn’t the last time he would see the other.

The Snow Prince and he would meet again one day.

Fin.


A/N: I hope you enjoyed it! It's rather long haha. Um, yeah, i couldn't be bothered writing so I hope this was good enough! It was so fun writing MyungYeol again! <3