Chapter 11: Lost Innocence

My Heart's Birthday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SUNGMIN ended up not sleeping. Donghae and Eunhyuk turned the stage into an impromptu karaoke. He didn't realize it until Donghae said it but, “It's been a while since we sang just because we felt like it not because we had to. It feels good.” Eunhyuk was taking pictures with the girls. He was enjoying the attention and the teasing. Donghae looked like he needed a breather.

“I see you guys are enjoying yourselves.” it came out almost like a snarl.

 

“If you are so jealous of us having fun with the ladies, you should join in.” Donghae teased then looked worried when Sungmin rubbed his chest. “Are you feeling okay?” suddenly the hyung came out.

 

“It hurts.” Sungmin said while he was rubbing his chest. “It won't go away even if I press on it.”

 

“You're not having a heart attack...well at least not the kind that would require us to take you to the hospital.” Donghae followed his dongsaeng's line of sight and was not surprised to see the laughing Jans at the end of it. “Feels like your heart would come out of your chest and the tightness is so uncomfortable and suprising it takes your breath away every time, huh? It's not something that you can control, prince.”

 

“You are supposed to be helping me!” he snapped at his hyung.

 

“I am. I am helping you get out of your own way. I am helping you to be happy. I think she is a talented, refreshing and beautiful girl. What more can you ask for?” Donghae didn't see a problem at all. Sungmin did. He'd breach his contract if he dated anyone who could compromise his job. And if it was up to his father, he'd be a married man at the age of 25! He was just recently allowed to date based on his contract. He couldn't possibly get married. His SuJu days would be over if he did.

 

“Do you really want me to leave SuJu then? Because that is what I might do if I fall in love with her. Would you want that?” he asked Donghae who looked at him suddenly.

 

“Hey! Who said you would have to do something as stupid as that? You are allowed to have a girlfriend. Heck...oh wait...your parents want more than that, right?” he nodded to respond to Donghae's question. “Crap. That is a problem.”

 

“This is just stockholm syndrome...” he pressed on his chest then sighed because even he didn't believe what was coming out of his mouth. “I can't fall in love with her. We just had that bet yesterday.”

 

“Bed?” Donghae's eyes were like big pennies. “You already slept with her? Dongsaeng! You dog!”

 

“What are you talking about? Be quiet! I've never slept with anyone!” he had meant to say “We didn't sleep with each other.” but something else came out. It was bad enough that Donghae had to hear it but the others chose that time to let a hush of silence pass and they all heard his outburst. The explosion of laughter they after made him want to slug his hyung. But even he found it amusing.

 

“Don't worry, Sungmin. Jans is as pure as you.” Jen teased his sister and Jans blushed.

 

“Hey!” Jans pressed the back of her hands on her cheeks and pouted in embarrassment. Don't do that. It's too freaking cute.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter