Final

Not Good Enough (Daehyun)

I watched from the side of the room as the rest of my band members chatted with BAP and flirted with them. Looking down at my phone, I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Although I was close with the rest of the members, I couldn't help but realise that they were all really flirtatious and y whenever there were guys around. I drank from my bottle of mineral water and crammed my earpiece into my ears and blasted music, shutting myself from the rest of the world. I shut my eyes and decided to take a nap.

It wasnt long before I woke up to someone tapping on my shoulder. I looked up and realised that it was Daehyun. Surprised that one of the BAP members actually made an effort to talk to me, I yanked the earpiece out so that I could hear what he had to say. 

"____-ah, are you okay?" I looked down and blushed. Damn, he was one handsome son of a . Too bad he was a flirty . I smiled and replied,"I'm okay," putting my phone aside so that we could talk. 

"I noticed that you don't talk much," Daehyun said, eyeing the others to make his point and expecting an explanation. 

"Yeah, I'm not pretty enough to go around flirting with hot guys, I'm only eligible to sit and watch at a side," I said matter-of-factly. "In fact, you should probably go join them too, I'm not pretty enough to be seen talking to you." 

Daehyun's eyes shot up at those words. "____, what are you saying? You should come and join us over there, okay? I think you're beautiful, please don't say things like that again," he whispered.  

I rolled my eyes in anger at his words. "I'm so ing done here," I yelled at him, standing up. "Shut the up if you don't mean what you say. Don't say I'm pretty just to make me feel better, for heaven's sake. I've seen so many people like you. It just hurts even more okay. I'm not blind, I know how I look like. I'm nowhere near pretty, and everyone is wondering how I even cleared auditions. It's getting old, so just shut up and leave me alone. I'm so sick of this," I screamed, tears flowing down my face as I let out everything. I could barely believe I just said that, but I was in no condition to care more. I glared at Daehyun one last time, not with anger anymore, but with pure disappointment and resignment. I stormed out of the dance room and walked as far as I could, but before I even got anywhere, I heard Daehyun call my name and felt a firm hand grab me by my wrist and I turned my head around, wanting to scream in his face and push him away, but his arm slipped behind my head and he pressed his plump lips against mine. The kiss lasted for a really long time, and when we were both out of breath, I stared at him, shocked. He pulled me into a tight hug and said, "____, I love you. I've loved you from the moment I saw you. You may think that I'm a playboy, but I only have eyes for you, and it hurts so much to know that you think that way. I'm sorry, but now I know how you feel, so if you give me a chance, I can show you how much you matter to me, and how much I love you. You're beautiful. I don't care what other people say, because you ARE. And nothing in the world is going to make me change my mind about that, okay?' 

He looked at me softly and rested his forehead against mine. 

"Daehyun, you're such a ing bastard," I whispered and tiptoed to kiss his soft lips.