Chapter 6

I Love You, Ji-Yong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6: Happy Birthday, Mr. Kwon.

 

Ji-Yong’s Point Of View

“Happy Birthday!” – “Happy Birthday, Mr. Kwon!” – “Look who’s older by a year! Happy Birthday!” – “Happy Birthday, son!”

If it wasn’t Dad’s decision of holding a party for my birthday, I wouldn’t be standing here being the nice guy smiling at everyone because that’s the last thing I’d do. I appreciate all of them coming to celebrate my birthday, honestly, but really, I don’t need that at all.

 “Mr. Kwon.” I turned my attention to the whereabouts of the voice.

“What?” I spat.

“Happy Birthday.” Dara said, knowing how her voice exposed her nervous emotions.

I nodded, having my gaze on her before turning all my attention to somewhere else, but in my mind, all my attention was on her.

Not knowing what is wrong with me, I turned my head back to her, only to find her walking away from me.

 

“Everybody, attention!” Mom shouted across the ballroom hall, gaining all the attention from everyone, “As you know, my son is officially 21. All of you know that he’s been working hard for this company since he was 18 and I hope he doesn’t disappoint you guys! Therefore, I would like to announce to everyone here that he’ll officially be taking over the company from today onwards and that Mr. Kwon will be retiring and enjoying the rest of his life with me.” I laughed and so did everyone.

“Enjoy your party, everyone!” Dad said through the microphone.

Everyone here is basically from our company and others as well, and that this news will basically be announced through the newspaper tomorrow and that everyone in the office will know me as the President of the company from tomorrow onwards, so this birthday party is basically an party of announcement for my new position, to be exact.

“Son, me and your father will be going back to the headquarter to settle something before he pass on the position to you, hope you won’t disappoint us.” Mom said, giving me a hug before leaving.

“Mr. Kwon.” There, her voice again. I turned to her, staring right into her brown orbs. Today, she is exceptionally beautiful, which nearly took my breath away. Not going to admit though, but damn it, I swear I’ve never seen this side of her.

I didn’t reply her, waiting for her to say something.

“Erm, can I… can I request something?” she asked.

Not again, I thought to myself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter