Part 2

Never Without You

      Jung Min already knew the answer inside his mind but he wanted Hyung Jun to state it accurately but obviously Hyung Jun failed to remember. A loud sigh from the maknae’s side and Jung Min turned away hopelessly.

      “I’m not dating her Jung Minah. I just didn’t want scandals so that’s why I met her in my car” Hyung Jun said and placed his hand on Jung Min’s shoulder which got a violent shake off from the older one.

      “Why couldn’t you tell me?” Jung Min spoke over the wind.

      “Because I thought it wasn’t that relevant”

      “Weren’t you even cautious for a scandal to pop-up somewhere?”

      “I didn’t think that far”

      “What are you Junah, three?” Jung Min shouted in anger and went into the house.

      Hyung Jun followed him. “Where are you going?” He asked.

      “Out” Jung Min said grabbing a jacket from the hanger beside the door and putting on a pair of sneakers.

      “Why?” Hyung Jun asked again.

      The simple question annoyed Jung Min. “Why do you care?” He brushed him off in return while wrapping a scarf around his neck.

      Hyung Jun still followed him like a magnet. “Tell me where you are going”

      “I’m going take a walk, I need to clear up my head” Jung Min said, finally.

      “Out there?” It was surprising for Hyung Jun because they don’t just take strolls that easily.

      It’s actually impossible for a celebrity to step out into a busy street in the middle of the day and be undisturbed or unnoticed. Hyung Jun knew that Jung Min was aware of it but at the moment Hyung Jun couldn’t make any move to stop Jung Min either. Instead he quietly followed him from behind until he gained confidence to talk again.

      “Don’t you believe me?” Hyung Jun asked while descending the staircase.

      Jung Min didn’t say anything and kept walking as if Hyung Jun didn’t exist.

      “Jung Minah, please listen to me” Maknae said from behind but there was still no reply from Jung Min.

      Just as they exited the apartment building Hyung Jun grabbed the older one’s wrist and stopped him. “I’m not lying to you Jung Minah” He said in a low voice fearing someone would hear them.

      But the apartment wasn’t situated in a busy street so they were safe. Jung Min kept staring at Hyung Jun for a moment and released his wrist from the young one’s grab and shoved it inside his pocket. He turned back and started walking away.

      “Yah!” Hyung Jun shouted from behind following Jung Min once again.

      They were soon approaching the busy streets; the streets which might carry at least a couple dozen of people who’d recognize them. But Jung Min didn’t care and Hyung Jun didn’t have a choice.

      “Just wait a minute” Hyung Jun turned Jung Min to face himself again from by the arm.

      Jung Min took a deep breath before talking. “Did you even notice that how many fingers you folded when you were counting the number of days you met her for this year? And then, then you didn’t even remember how many times we met. Worst part is that I was asking you about this year not last year. God knows how many times you might have met her already. And you want me to believe that there’s nothing going on between you two? I would have believed what you were saying if it was some crazy sasaeng who leaked this news but no, it was people in the damn industry and everyone kept saying they all know about your relationship. How long have you been doing this behind my back? Was it fun, cheating on me?” The last question carved into Hyung Jun’s heart like a barbed wire.

      “I wasn’t cheating on you Jung Minah why can’t you understand?”

      “I would have understood if you gave me a heads up. But no, you did everything so secretly and you expect me to forgive you just like that?... Oh wait, you didn’t even apologize yet”

      Hyung Jun unknowingly made a ‘tsk’ sound as soon as Jung Min mentioned apologizing. He completely forgot to do it and he knew it was too late now. He had to do something to win Jung Min back, but he didn’t know what to do bcause Jung Min doesn’t easily give in and Hyung Jun was obviously at fault.

      “Every day, every minute, you make me feel insecure about this relationship Hyung Junah and I’m sick of it now”

      “What do you mean every day?”

      “I feel like you don’t give in; more like you don’t care”

      “Hey, hey I do care okay?” Hyung Jun gently grasped Jung Min’s jacket sleeve.

      Jung Min sighed and walked into the busy street. Hyung Jun’s blood pooled in his stomach with the fear of people recognizing them. So far there were no screams, and it made him feel relieved for a second. Even though the moment was not appropriate, Hyung Jun still had to talk with Jung Min and make it up to him.

      “Jung Minah let’s just go home and talk about this” Hyung Jun muttered to Jung Min leaning to the shoulder curve of the taller one.

      But Jung Min shook his head staring forward as he walked through the crowds. The scarf was covering up until his nose and it kept him from being recognized. Hyung Jun had his NorthFace jacket covering half of his face that kept him safe. But sooner or later they both knew they’ll be discovered.

      Hyung Jun was getting tired of the unintentional stroll after a moment. He had nothing to offer to Jung Min but he decided to brave it and go for it anyway.

      “Okay wait” Hyung Jun caught Jung Min’s arm once again and stopped him.

      “What?” Jung Min snapped in anger.

      “You feel like I’m not giving in right? Tell me what I should do to make you feel better because if you keep it only inside your mind only I would never know and you’ll never feel better either. This is a two way thing so tell me what I should do and I’ll do it, for you” Hyung Jun spoke over the buzzing of the crowds.

      Jung Min let out a big sigh. Although as much as he wanted to ignore Hyung Jun and walk away letting Hyung Jun find a solution by himself, Jung Min knew Hyung Jun just won’t. He knew that he’ll have to explain to the young one everything but now wasn’t the right time. He wasn’t in the right mood and the scandal news was making him frustrated in each passing moment.

      “Oh just tell me for god sake” Hyung Jun shouted.

      “Make me feel less insecure!” Jung Min shouted back. “Make me feel like I’m actually in a damn relationship. You never do that. You are either busy or yeah, busy getting into scandals. Just make me feel less sick of this relationship and give it a meaning. Being the type of boyfriend you are right now won’t do that”

      “What am I supposed to do?”

      “Anything! Do whatever that you’d feel like which will convince me. Something that will define our relationship rather than being two people who are just dating secretly because they are afraid to reveal their ual preference”

      “You want to come out?” Hyung Jun asked in surprise.

      They both heard a scream suddenly from afar. Someone has discovered them.   

      Jung Min quickly lowered his head. “Not that. I mean-” He muttered.

      But right then, Hyung Jun knew just what to do. He knew what has been bothering Jung Min, he knew why Jung Min was so angry over this false dating rumour; he suddenly got it why it was a big deal. Jung Min was getting tired of hiding. The fact that the rumour was public, made Jung Min angrier. This was the reason why Jung Min has been snappy. This was why he said Hyung Jun doesn’t give in; it wasn’t in dating-wise, it was about coming out.

      It has been long enough for their relationship now, years and years and one day they both knew they’ll had to come out to the public one day. And today; Hyung Jun felt as it was the perfect day. He didn’t give Jung Min any more time to finish the sentence. He zipped down his jacket collar and took the scarf off Jung Min’s neck making him startle.

      Hyung Jun didn’t lose another second and pulled Jung Min into a kiss in the middle of the street. His hand tightly grabbing Jung Min’s hair and it took the older one a several seconds to figure out what was happening. As soon as he did, he tried to push the maknae away.

      “What the hell are you doing?” Jung Min kept his voice low so more attention won’t get to them.

      “You want a meaning to our relationship right? So here’s my meaning” Hyung Jun placed a soft kiss on Jung Min’s lips. “I’m coming out” Hyung Jun’s eyes kept locked on Jung Min’s.

      They heard a couple of gasps from people around them and some whispers. Jung Min was shocked, stunned but he was starting to feel less insecure. Even though the fact that they were at a busy street kept bothering him, he followed his heart.

      “No, we are coming out” He pulled Hyung Jun into a gentle kiss, tracing his hands over Hyung Jun’s back until something carried him into another world fading out everything around them.

      Then there they were passionately kissing and hugging each other in the middle of a busy street where hundreds of people who were present, hundreds of people who saw them, hundreds of people who knew them, but they,

      …they couldn’t care any less.