Che Yi Mi….Jamie

†††† Take My Soul ††††

Chapter 1  Che Yi Mi....Jamie

 

Che Yi Mi pov

 

“Jamie! Today was fun! Lets do it again tomorrow okay? See yah!” Alice shouted while I got off the tube. 

Alice is my bestfriend she isnt Korean like me she is fully English. She was my first bestfriend and friend, I still remember the first day I met her. 

 

††††Flashback††††

Che Yi Mi aged 11.

 

One step, two steps, three steps, four.

 

“Oppa... I’m scared. What if they dont like me?” I said looking up to Hyun Su while holding his hand. We were walking to my fith primary school. Once again, first day and I was wearing my new school uniform. My first primary school was large and nice but we lived too far from it. It was getting difficult so I left the school. My second primary school was large and all so lovely apart from the people in it, this includes the teachers and students. They would always give me weird looks because of my hair colour and whenever I would tie my hair up they would stare at my scar at the back of my neck. I didn’t choose to look like this. I hated it, so I asked oppa if I could leave that school. 

 

One step, two steps, three steps, four.

 

My third primary was the same as the previous, but more worse! The students in my class would bully me. 

The fourth school was going well until I got mad one day at this boy because he made fun of how I looked and pulled my hair. I was furious! Then suddenly the lights started to flicker and the next thing that happend was that the school had a power cut. It wasn’t my fault! It was only a mere coincidence and they thought I had done it. How bizarre. 

 

One step, two steps, three steps, four.

 

And my fith primary... Well lets say it was living hell! Everything that happend to me before happend again in a big rush. All students looked at me weirdly and would gossip. Once after school I walked home with oppa and the mums of my fellow students whispered nasty things about us like 

“Oh dear! What mother would let their child dye their hair like that? Its disgusting!” or

“Whats that at the back of their necks? What mother would let them have a tattoo at this age? Their father must be a gangster or something for them to have a tattoo at this age!” 

Whenever I would hear these things I would always lock myself in my bedroom all alone and cry. Oppa would always tell me not to listen and just ignore them but I couldn’t, it would always get to me. They didn't know mum and dad so how dare they judge them?! Plus there was a group of girls in my school who would beat me up verbally and physically, they would kick me, punch me, beat me into the corner and say nasty things about me and oppa and how mum and dad left us. I would fight back all the time and when I did I was seriously mad. Whenever I am mad the lights would always start to flicker, strangely my eyes would go bright yellow aswell. Everyone was afraid of me, including the teachers, I had no friends. I was a loner.

 

 One step, two steps, three steps, four.

 

I’m only in year 5 and I moved five times already. My hair is still red, all of it. I wonder if this primary school would be like the others? Would I fit in? Of course not! I never fit in with anything. I wish mum and dad were here. Where are you mum, dad? Would it still be the same if you were here? 

 

One step, two steps, three steps, four.

                                                                            ††††

“Yi Mi,” Oppa stopped and looked down

“Huh?” 

“We are here. Be on your best behavior and make friends. Have fun. Ah,and remember what I told you?” I stared at the small school in front of me and nodded in reply to oppa’s question.

Oppa told me not to get mad, only to calm down and count to 10 in Korean, 1) because it calms me down and 2) he wanted me to practice my Korean. He doesn’t want my eyes turning yellow like in the previous schools, I asked him why but he would never tell me. How come my eyes turn yellow when I get mad? 

Oppa and I went into the school office, I sat down on the comfy waiting chair while oppa went to speak to the headteacher of the school. Oppa signed this paper and he gestured me to come. I did as told. 

“Yi Mi, this is your new headteacher Ms. Smith” oppa introduced. 

“Oh... Um hello Ms. Smith my name is Yi Mi.” I spoke as I waved.

“Hello Yi Mi, I hope you enjoy your time at school. If there is anything wrong come to me ok?” Ms. Smith said.

“Come, let me lead you to your class” 

I hugged oppa and waved goodbye to him. I’m thankful towards oppa, he came in his own time to send me to my new school, he has school as well but he came to send me off. I wonder what his teacher is going to say. I hope he wont get in trouble. Oppa is always there for me. Whatever happens he is always there, night or day. Sometimes it feels like he is mum and dad combined together looking after me, he cooks like a mum and is protective like a dad. I miss mum and dad. I would always wonder where they went. Two days after I was born they left me and Hyun- Su. Why?  I have never seen them. Only in a photo, it was their wedding photo, they both look so happy. Mum looked so pretty no wonder why dad married her. Our maid Susan is fully English. Susan was a close friends with mum and dad, she would tell me stories on how they met. And lots of other stories about them. From those stories Susan told me, I found out how they first met. It was and still is the best story. Mum had just landed in England from the plane flight from Korea she got lost and asked for directions from dad. It was love at first sight and Susan said from that day at the airport they kept on bumping into eachother it was like fate. I asked Susan if mum and dad had red hair like me and oppa but she said she didnt know. But she did say that she usually would see red hair in his hair but she didnt know if it was just the sunlight or if it was really his hair. I have also asked oppa about mum and dad but he would never tell me, well he probably can’t remember anyway he was only 5 years old.

                                                                                   ††††

Ms. Smith opened the door widely and asked me to step into the classroom. The classroom was very big! From the outside of the school it looked small but in the inside it was very big! The classroom was bright, the wall were painted sky blue with hand painted white clouds. The furniture in the classroom was the cutest and there were students work hung and stapled everywhere. It looked cosy. 

“Yi Mi please come to the front of the class and introduce yourself to your new class.” Ms. Smith said with a kind smile.

I slowly walked up and then stopped for a few seconds due to my nervousness.

“Yi Mi, dont worry, please continue.” Ms. Smith spoke.

Again I walked up to the front. I inhaled deeply and began to introduce myself.

“Hi everyone.” I paused and looked around the room to see everyones faces at me. They were probably staring at my hair. Everyone elses hair was a natural colour. Their hair were either black, brown or blonde but mine was red, I clearly stood out from everyone.

“My name is Che Yi Mi.” I said slowly with a low voice. Then I relised that I had introduced my self the Korean way with my surname first then my name. Ah! Stupid! I mentally slapped myself.

“I am half Korean half English and I have a older brother called Hyun-Su. I am 11 years old.” I finally blurted out. I put my head down in embarrassment, suddenly everyone started to clap. I slightly felt much better.

“Well done Yi Mi. Please find a seat and lets continue the class shall we?” the teacher said. I nodded and started to look for a seat, suprisingly no one was starring at me but at the teacher who was reading something from the board. I finally found a seat next to a girl. The girl looked kind and sweet, she had pigtails and blonde hair. I sat down next to her. I was concentrating on what the teacher was saying until the girl next to me spoke

“Hi! What you did up there earlier was very brave.” she said with a smile.

“Thanks.” was all I could say

“My name is Alice. Alice Robinson, nice to meet you.” Alice said while taking her hand out for me to shake

“Hi, my name is Che Yi Mi” I replyed and shook her hand. Ah! I did it again! I introduced my self in the Korean way. Susan taught me how to introduce myself in the Korean way with the surname first and since then it has been stuck in my head. 

“Haha cool! I like how you introduced yourself.” 

“Oh well thats the korean way of introducing yourself, with your surname first.” Alice just nodded in response while making a ‘o’ shape with .

“I like it. Che Yi Mi. Che Yi Mi.” Alice kept repeating my name again and again.

“Ah! Got it! Che Yi Mi, Jaime!” Alice raised her voice. I stared at her in confusion.

“Che Yi Mi sounds a bit like Jamie! So I’m going to call you Jamie from now on. Okay? Lets be friends!” Alice said happily and took her hand out again for me to shake

“Okay! I like that! Che Yi Mi .... Jamie!” I said happily.

 

††††Back to reality††††

“Jamie! Today was fun! Lets do it again tomorrow okay? See yah!” Alice shouted while I got off the tube. I waved back at Alice and once the train was out of sight I started to walk.On the first day back from school I told oppa and Susan how i met a friend and that i have a new nickname they thought it was nice. I also liked the name so i asked oppa and Susan to call me Jamie from now on. I was called Jamie ever since that day by everyone. I was called Jamie and only rarely i would be called my my name Yi Mi. It has been 6 years since me and Alice has been bestfriends. I told her everything about my family and how I have red hair but that i couldn't even explain for myself but she understood. I know everything about Alice, we share all our secrets.

I walked up to the escalators and saw a boyband busting. Boy, were those boys cute or what. They were wearing their uniform. Hmm wonder what school they go to. I go through my skirt pocket for some change and put two 50ps into their guitar case. 

“Thanks pretty.” the guy with the bass smiled. I smiled back. On the way up the escalator was pretty much empty. It’s not usually empty it should be crowded, its london for gods sakes. I swiped my oyster once it came to the automatic barriers. The walk home was refreshing half way the journey I popped into starbucks for a bit and grabbed myself a vanilla farppachino. My favorite! I love vanilla, its plain but sweet but not too sweet. The weather today wasnt as bad as it usually was here in England. Sunny spells! I finally got home and saw remover vans at the front yard. I got confused, why would there be remover men at our house? We are not moving are we? Why didnt Susan or oppa tell me this?

“Susan!!!” I screamed while running to the front door which was wide open. I ran in to see all of our belongings gone. The front of the house was completely empty...

“what?! Jamie are you okay? whats wrong?” susan came running wearing her apron, she stopped in front of me checking my entire body with her hands.

“Jamie are you okay? Whats wrong? Tell me. Why are you screaming.” 

My eyes widened when I saw the kitchen door swing where Susan ran out from. The kitchen as well was empty nothing...

“Susan. Whats happening? Why are you packing everything? Where is oppa?” I said holding onto her shoulders

“Oh. Well I think its better for you to ask Hyun-Su. He is upstairs in the study.” I nodded in response and ran up the stairs. 

“OPPA!!!” I screamed while running. Once I was upstairs I went to oppas study. I twisted the door knob without hesitation and the door swung open. 

“Oppa!” I said with a rather loud voice. I lifted my head I saw oppa instantly with his red hair and there was someone in front of him, their back was facing me so I couldn't see who it was. The onnmious person in front of me had long straight hair. It was a women, she wore yellow heels and black leather trousers and a black fur coat. Who is she? What was she talking about with oppa? 

“Hello Yi Mi, olen-man-iya!” 

 

                                                                                 ††††

 

                                                                                                                                                                           

 

Okay! This is my first fanfic and i am excited! im bubbling!!

First chapter hope you like it,please enjoy it

 no slient readers please.

Comment and suscribe.

Vivien

ExoticVivien