An Angel

{Healing Her Broken Smile}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WATCH THIS VIDEO FIRST, it resonates with how Haneul is feeling:

okay now you can continue.

It was the last week of the holidays and Mark had decided to throw an even for Haneul. He wanted that night to go well. He was going to ask Haneul to officially be his girlfriend. He bought 11 roses, 10 real ones and 1 plastic rose and included a cheesy note, hoping that it would somehow serve as an encouragement for her to be strong through this and that he would always be there for her. “Until the last rose dies, I will never stop loving you. I thank the heavens for sending me their most beloved angel. I love you, Moon Haneul. Love, Mark.”

He wanted her to know that even if she was going through hell, she was loved. That she still had a support system, that she was not alone. Mark felt really satisfied with his little note. He made his way to the road and hailed a cab.

He couldn’t stop blushing at the thought of his plan. Mark’s phone rang and a smile plastered on his face when he saw Haneul’s name.

 

“Hello my angel.” He greeted her giddily.

“It’s beautiful out here at night. The scenery is so picturesque, it feels like a scene from a movie. And the stars, there’s so many of them decorating the sky tonight. That’s how I feel like, you are the stars while I am the night sky. Ever since you came into my life, you brightened it up. But you see, there come days when you can’t spot a single star and it’ll only be the plain, dark night sky.”

“Haneul-ah, why are you saying these things-“

“You’ve always said that you were my anchor when the waves come crashing down right?”

“Yes but-“

“You said that you were the light at the end of the tunnel right?” a soft sob escaped her lips.

“Haneul-ah.” Mark was starting to get really worried.

“But Mark, right now it feels like I am facing head on with a tsunami. The tunnel’s gotten too dark to see the light. I was never good with goodbyes so I’ll just say this. Good night Mark Tuan, and thank you. Thank you for being a part of my sad and pathetic life.” She let out a sad chuckle.

“What are you talking about Moon Haneul?! Why are you trying to say goodbye? I am begging you Haneul, please don’t do anything stupid. Where are you? I am going to go to you so please wait for me. I beg you, don’t do anything foolish please.” Mark was getting frantic.

“I am so sorry that you got enta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter