1

Hope

I sat on the bench in the abandoned park. The cold breeze really got to me as my wet tears stung against my face as the wind blew. I was so frustrated at everything, life, school, work, and nothing seemed right. I didn't know how to let my anger out. I just about gave up right now. So I cried into the night hoping something good will come to me. I looked up at the starry night with a blurred vision that made that start shimmer brighter than ever. I admired the view and who knows how many shooting stars I saw, but for every one I wished upon each of them. I let out a deep sigh and hung my head low to keep the cold air from touching my tear-streaked face.

Few minutes later I felt a presence beside me. For an odd feeling, their presence felt somewhat... warm. I turned my head toward the boy who stared straight ahead into the same night sky I was watching. He then turned and faced me with a soft gaze and his thin lips stretching into a curve. "Are you okay?" The voice that spoke was a cloud of smoke that floated to my ears. He spoke again in the same alluring voice, "I see you were crying..." It actually took me time to process this-- I was talking to a stranger, nearly midnight alone. I scooted back and whimpered.

"Who are you? If you want money I'll give you everything I have." My heart clenched tightly, prepared for a threat or a weapon to be pointing at me.

"What are you talking about? I'm here for you." The boy smiled and boldly moved close to me with a gentle press of his hand against my cold cheek. I soon felt his heat transfer to my skin. It tickled me like little prickles wanting more of his touch. "Just call me J-Hope." He flashed a wide, mesmerizing, gummy smile and leaned in softly for a kiss. I dare not move because if I do, something might go wrong like always does. But this time, everything was connecting like a puzzle piece. He broke the kiss carefully and my lips with his thumb.

"Why..." I was going to ask why did he, but it so seems like the stars answered me. Or more like my star.

"I'm your hope to take away all your pain. We met because of fate. Destiny is what brought me to you." And with that, my heart clenched again. The feeling of hope--hope to keep living life and not to crash.

I wished on a star to give me
hope.

 



A/N- "Fcking universe sent me a fcking person?" LOL J/K. I wouldn't mind one bit if J-Hope suddenly appeared at my front door. ♥