A Promise to Keep

{❦} Love From A Distance {❦}

Hakyeon's Pov

As I was walking to the music room like I usually do Eunyoung was not in the room. I started to panic as I checked and asked anyone nearby if they seen her. Why am I worrying about this? She's just a friend that's all. I'll probably see her during the school time. While I was thinking about Eunyoung I heard the familar quiet voice.

"Hey Hakyeon" Leo said as he walked up to me with a huge smile on his face. 

"Why are you so happy?" I by nudging his arm.

"Just because" Leo replied as he pushed my lightly. I kinda guessed why it was either he saw a little kid or a puppy pass by. Leo always had a soft spot for this thing but other people don't really get it. They always say he doesn't talk alot and he never really show emotion to the class. It was pretty hard but we became friends and I got used to Leo's quietness. During the day my mind was on Eunyoung. She wasn't in the cafeteria nor was she in the music room. I was practically standing near the door like an idiot. Of course with the company of some girls it was pretty boring. When the final bell rang I ran to the music room with a bit of hope but something caught my eye before I got to the music room. 

"Well are you sure you're okay?" the secretary asked. I didn't have to guess who was the person she asked as I ran in and grabbed the girl's arm. 

"Eunyoung!" I said with glee as I grabbed her arm. For a minute I thought I saw her wince but it must have been my imagination. 

"Hello Hakyeon oppa" Eunyoung said with her head down. 

"What's wrong?" I asked her trying to see her expression. 

"Nothing!" Eunyoung yelled as I looked up to find her cheeks streaking with tears. 

One thing next to another as I found her in my arms and I held her tightly. 

"It's okay....what's wrong?" I whispered while smoothing her tangled hair. Never have I seen Eunyoung like this before. She was always so happy and smiling that I could barely even recognize this girl in front of me. As I stood there with her in my arms everything around me just disapeared. I could only think of her. The way her brown hair shimmered in the sun, the way she gracefully played the piano, how her smile moved my heart. I never felt this way about anyone before. My train of thought was interrupted when Eunyoung pushed away from me. 

"Oppa what are you doing?" Eunyoung asked as she wiped her tears and noticed a big stain on the sleeve of my shirt. 

"I'm so sorry!" Eunyoung said as she tried to wipe it off only to find the stain staying there. 

"No No it's okay.."  I said gently moving her arm away as a wave of shock passed through me and my fingers touched her small hand. They were warm that I had the urge to hold on it all day. 

"Well I got to go..so..."Eunyoung said as she grabbed her bag and walked out of the school. Next thing I knew I was behind her and hugged her from behind. 

"Please..never do that again.." I whispered in her ear. 

"Never do what again oppa?" Eunyoung asked while trying to fidget her way out of my arms. 

"Never leave without telling me, I get worried" I finally said as I let go so she could face me

"Ok fine..I just didn't think I would upset you...." Eunyoung said with a smile...her smile

"Promise?" I asked already raising my pinkie.

"Promise" she said as she raced into the parking lot and grabbed her bike. As she rode out of my view I started walking back into the school finding me skipping along the way.