Worried Taemin

Worried Taemin

I was leaving the dance room when I was cornered by Taemin. I was literally backed up against the wall as he questioned me.

"Has something happened between you and Key-hyung ?" he asked, his head to the side.

I blinked in suprise. "No. Why?"

Taemin frowned in confusion. " Well it's just odd. Before, you two would be huddled together in a corner somewhere, conspiring something against me, but now, I dont' know, it's like you two can't stand to be in the same room together." He placed both hands on his hips.

"Oh really, you think so ?" I replied throughtfilly. Resting a finger on my chin I looked up thinking about the last time I'd been with Key-hyung. It had been a while. "You know, now that you mentioned it, we heven't spent a lot of time together recently." I paused, thinking again. "We're pretty busy preparing for our comeback, and I know from experience that Minho-hyung can be a handful at times. So, I am sure that it just appears that we are avoiding each other because we're busy with other things."

 

Taemin smiled a bright smile that made his eyes appear closed. "Hmmm, I guess your right. It's just that I have never seen Key-hyung so distant to a EXO member. He's so distracted and distant since that colaboration with Woohyun-ssi that maybe something was worrying him. And that's when I noticed you tow not being close anymore, not that you were close to begin with. I assumed that was bothering him. Plus, you also looked like you've been preoccupited about something. Do you want to share ? We're best friends. It might make you feel better!"

"No, thanks hyung. I'm fine." I declined, scratching the back of my head nervousely. Embarrassement climbed up my body as a blush appeared on my face. "Sorry for worrying you. Everything is fine."

"Are you sure?" he pompted.

"Yes, hyung"

Taemin's face fell, but quickly turned into another bright smile. "Okay, I'll see you for tomorrow's dance routine." he said, moving away from me.

"Yeah, see you later!" I replied. Turning on my heel I walked in the opposite direction.

 

XXXXX

 

 

Later that night, I found myself in Key-hyung's bedroom lying on my back on his bed. I replayed the conversation I'd had with Taemin-hyung as I waited for my dearest hyung. It was sweet of him to worry about us like that and though I don't like that we had caused him trouble, I knew that the true reason Key and I hadn't seen each other would stun him where he stood. I heard footsteps walking towards to the door and tilted my head as Key-hyung came into the room with a pizza box.

"I didn't think they delivered to the dorms this late."

Key-hyung grinned arrogantly, " They don't, but I've made some arrangements with the delivery guy."

"There you go again, breaking rules."

"I've done worse things than having junk food delivered late at night." Key-hyung said, sitting next to me on the bed.

"I can't believe how lucky you are, you would have been in real trouble if your manager caught you!"

"I just played it cool and nobody noticed me."

I turned over, propping myself on an elbow. "That reminds me, I was ambushed by Taemin hyung today."

"You were, why?" Key asked languidly.

"He's worried we're fighting since we haven't been seen hanging out like we used to since last year."

"Mmm....it looks as though our attempts at caution have made us look suspicious." Key commented, taking a bite of pizza.

Already I could see the wheels turning in Key-hyungs head as he thought of ways to make us look like more natural. "I managed to convince him that it was because of our comebacks we hadn't been around each other."

"And not because you want to jump me every time you see me ?" Key teased.

I blushed but held my ground. "Don't you mean because you want me to jump you? You called me in today don't forget that!"

Key looked up to the celing as though thinking seriously about what I said. "Perhaps," he admitted, leaning down. I prepared myself to be kissed when my stomach growled loudly as I smelled the pizza slice in Key's hand. He pulled away from me and laughed.

"What? I skipped dinner to be with you!."

"Which is why I got pizza," Key gave me a quick kiss on the lips and handed me the rest of the slice, got up and brought the box over the bed so we could share. "Eat up, we have a long night ahead of us and you're going to need your strength."

"You won't be able to walk when I'm finished with you hyung~"