Interest

Pretty Rave Girl

The air in the club was heavy, weighed down with the heat of too many bodies and summer humidity, and there was a general sense of grime that coated one’s skin until there was too much alcohol in your system to notice it any more.  Music boomed through the multiple speakers placed throughout the room, computerized sounds vibrating through the bodies writhing on the dance floor and on the catwalks.

The DJ’s booth was set with the highest vantage point, at the top of the catwalks, and roped off to all those but the DJ and his guests.  At the moment, only two men occupied the booth, looking out over the crowd through the glass walls.

“Looking at anything in particular?” One of the men asked the other, not looking up as he fiddled with some dials on the sound board.  His voice was deep, and quiet despite the noise coming from the club floor below them.  Strobe lights and colored beams lit up the room that was otherwise very poorly illuminated.

The other man leaned his hip against the DJ’s table negiligently, raising a cigarette to his lips and taking a deep inhale of the harsh smoke.   One heavily tattooed hand rested on his Versace belt buckle as his sharp, dark eyes scanned the bodies below them.  He watched the countless women and men, most of them high or drunk or both, with a kind of detached interest.  It was always the same, which was why he’d been visiting Yongguk less while he was working at this club.  Himchan preferred to pester him when he was in his studio, but the other man had talked him into coming with him tonight.

“Just looking to see if anyone caught my eye,” he finally responded.  Cigarette all but burned out, he tossed it into the ashtray and was about to head to the bar when a flash of pink on the catwalk caught his eye.  Himchan froze as his eyes sought out the source of the vibrant color, unsure what it was about that particular piece of clothing caught his eye out of hundreds of people.

“Well, I’d say something just did,” Yongguk’s deep voice rumbled with amusement.  It had been a while since Himchan had shown any interest in the girls at any of his gigs.

Walking closer to the glass, finally catching sight of what he’d been looking for, Himchan smirked and waved his best friend over to look as well.  “Well well.  What do I see, but a couple of sober white girls looking good enough to eat.”

Curious, Yongguk stood next to Himchan and followed his gaze.  It wasn’t often that non-Koreans were found in this club, as it was so far underground that you needed an invite to even know about it, and even rarer that the club’s patrons weren’t intoxicated by one substance or another.

On the catwalk directly below the booth, two girls leaned on the railings, watching the people below much as Yongguk and Himchan had been doing.  Both were extremely pale, with long dark hair, and Yongguk wondered if maybe they were sisters.  He whistled quietly in appreciation.  “, those girls have figures other women would kill to have.”

“Or that I’d like in my bed,” Himchan snickered.  “So, on that note, I call the one with the teeny-tiny pink top.  Her hips are calling my name.  They’re yelling ‘Himchan I need your hands on my ’, so who am I to deny the call?”

Yongguk laughed and pushed him playfully.  Himchan grinned and sauntered to the door, grinning after turning around and noticing Yongguk was still watching out the window…probably at the other girl on the catwalk.  If Himchan had been disinterested in the females he’d been meeting lately, Yongguk had been at least twice as bad.  Hopefully they’d both be getting rid of that rut before the night was through.

Humming along with the dubstep pumping through the sound system, he descended the steps far more jauntily than in his usual saunter.  Himchan’s gonna tap that~ he sang in his head, keeping his eyes peeled for that vibrant pink top.