Chapter 1

Hey Notice Me!

       It was a cold, cloudy, winter day at SM High School for Boys. Joonmyeon was sitting at his lunch table with his best friends Kyungsoo, Luhan, Minseok, Kyunsoo's boyfriend, Jongin, and Yixing. They were laughing telling stories about their sports,clubs, and family when Joonmyeon eyed his younger brother Jongdae from across the cafeteria with his friends Baekhyun, Tao, and Sehun. They were all talking loudly and exaggerantly except for Jongdae. He had his head in his hand and he looked like he was daydreaming. A slight smile was graced on his lips as he looked at someone. Joonmyeon rolled his eyes. He knew exactly who Jongdae was staring at. Jongdae has had a crush on Park Chanyeol since he entered the school. He didn't admit to liking Chanyeol but it was quite obviuos. The way Jongdae stared at him whenever he had the chance, the way he tripped over his own two feet if Chanyeol was walking his way. The way he would turn beet red if he saw that Chanyeol caught Jongdae looking at him. How could you not notice that Jongdae had a crush on him? 

     "Sorry guys. Got to check on Jongdae." Joonmyeon said 

      "Why?" Yixing said. Yixing looked over at Jongdae's table and laughed "Oh, I see why. Go ahead. We won't be doing anything special just listening to Jongin and Kyungsoo tell stories about their mushy dates." 

      "Hey our stories are not mushy!" Kyungsoo said.

     "Oh yeah?" Minseok said. He cleared his throat and began to mimick Kyungsoo's voice "Today Jongin took me to the carnival and he won me a big stuffed bear. Today Jongin got me roses. Jongin's so sweet he blew off going to the movies with Sehun to hang out with me." Jongin and Kyungsoo turned red while evryone laughed. "Shut up hyung." Jongin mumbled under his breath. Joonmyeon shook his head laughing and waved to his friends. He walked over to the round table at the end of the cafeteria and sat next to Jongdae, still in his dream phase and yelled in his ear screming, "OH MY GOD WILL YOU STOP STARING AT HIM JUST TELL HIM THAT YOU LIKE HIM!" Jongdae's eyes widened as he quickly turned his head to see his older brother looking at him and all of his friends laughing uncontrollably. He turned maroon and then gasped.

    "Wh-What?! I do not like him!" Jongdae said defensivley. 

    "Yeah you do. It's pretty obvious that you do. Now go ask him out." Joonmyeon said gesturing him to Chanyeol who was talking to someone very fastly and occasionally bursting out into laughter.

   "I can't." Jongdae mumbled

   "Why not?" Baekhyun asked taking a bite out of Tao's sandwhich. 

   "Because I'm shy." Jongdae said Sehun barked in laughter. 

    "You are so full of . You are everything but shy." Joonmyeon said 

     "Shut up Joonmyeon." Jongdae said 

Sehun cleared his throat and said "Even if he did have the courage to ask out Chanyeol, Chanyeol would probably say no. He's caught Jongdae staring at him a couple of times and he's probably a little creeped out by it."

  "Shut up prick, Jongdae will get his Prince Charming all he needs to do is ask him out." Tao said. Sehun shrugged and went back to eating his burger. 

  Joonmyeon pushed Jongdae out of his seat and said "Ask him out." Jongdae pulled himself up and sighed. He walked slowly to Chanyeol's table and coughed. Chanyeol turned around his huge smile still on his face and said "Hey.....Jongdae is it?" Jongdae nodded "What's up?" he said. Jongdae turned slightly pink and rubbed his neck awkwardly.

   "Well....if...it's okay with you.....it's totally fine if you say no....but....um.......OH LOOK BEHIND YOU!" Jongdae said. Chanyeol looked behind him and Jongdae ran back to his table. All of his friends and his brother were looking at him with amused looks on their faces. Especially Sehun's face. 

  "Yeah, real smooth Jongdae." Baekhyun said "OH LOOK BEHIND YOU! You must be experienced with smooth talking." 

  "I could live without your sarcasm Baekhyun thank you very much." Jongdae said

 "No you couldn't you love me for my sarcasm."  Baekhyun said

"Your dumb crush on Crest commercial over there is so childish Jongdae. You're acting like a fifteen year old girl." Joonmyeon said

"Well I am fifteen, all I need to be is a girl." Jongdae said.

Suddenly a tall blond boy walked over to Jongdae's table and went up to Jongdae. Joonmyeon froze. He was really handsome he thought.

 "Hey my friend, Chanyeol was kind of wondering why you ran awy from him? He was also wondering if you were trolling him because he said that you have a reputation for that kind of stuff. I know it's stupid and all but he just wants to know."

"Oh tell him I'm sorry I didn't mean to run away my brother just called me over and I'm not trolling him." Jongdae said turning pink again.

Sehun coughed in to his sleeve and said something like "Liar" and then said "Oh, excuse me I have a cold." Then Sehun yelped because Tao obviuosly kicked him from under the table. They glared at each other for a minute but then realized that they had better things to do then stare each other down. So Tao went back to being fed by Baekhyun and Sehun went back to his burger. The tall blond boy looked at all of them as if they were insane. He then turned to Joonmyeon and said "Hey aren't you in my history class?" Joonmyeon said "Ummmmmmm......." The boy gave him an odd look and then said "Well I think we are. But we never talk. I'm Yifan but people call me Kris."

  "Why the hell do people call you Kris? That sounds nothing like-OW TAO STOP KICKING ME!" Sehun yelled as he glared at his friend who couldn't contain his laughter.

   "Oh uh my name's Joonmyeon." Joonmyeon said he felt his face heating up "I'm so not blushing" He thought. 

  "Well see you around Joonmyeon and Joonmyeon's weird friends." Kris said as he smiled at Joonmyeon his heart did summersaults. 

   "What was it you were saying about having a crush is childish?" Jongdae said to Joonmyeon with a smug grin on his face. 

  "I hate you." Joonmyeon said

  "Don't worry big brother of mine, I'll make sure that eyebrows over there falls in love with you by the end of the school year." Jongdae said putting his arm around Joonmyeon's shoulder. Joonmyeon glared at him for a second but then realized that Jongdae might be able to do that so instead of arguing with him he just sighed and said "How?"