Chapter 19

Tangled

Disclaimer: I have nothing! Nothing! Nothing... besides my imagination.

***

O-oppa...”

He could hear her cracked voice very clearly despite how distinct the sound was. It was probably due to the tension that enveloped the whole room which made even the slightest movement could be echoed like a drumroll to their ears. Call him stupid. Call him crazy. Call him judgmental. His mind was quite a mess this past week that no matter how much he tried to portray on which way their relationship could go, it was always led into a dead-end.

It was inevitable. And the way Soojung acted towards him today—and the days before—didn’t help at all.

He had to admit that he just had a week that came from hell. After his lovely date with Soojung, everything went down hill drastically. He initially hoped that the date would sustained his longing for her presence until their next date, which was probably would be months later since he had a world tour concert and a new album on his waiting list, but the scandal breakout had eaten out every bit of happiness he had that day. To put it simply, he was in a bad, bad mood the whole week.

CEO Han was the first person who had told him about the scandal, much to his surprise. The CEO was furious of course; he had reminded him of what he had said that he wouldn’t get into a scandal but he did anyway. Even if it was just for a few hours, but it was enough to rock the whole world and set the agency in a chaos. That was the power of social media. Unlike the public media that you could pay whenever you need a good spread about their artists or simply just to shut them up, you could never do such things with social media. They could write anything they want, either it’s the truth or a made up, then post it anytime regardless of how the news would effect said person’s life.

The scandal probably wouldn’t matter much if only her agency didn’t exaggerated their reaction. Yes, he did know from his hyungs in SM entertainment that the CEO had personally instructed his girlfriend to cut any means of communication with him. Like, seriously?? What was the fuss about when they’d just confirmed Yoona’s relationship earlier this year? And when Sulli’s photos with her boyfriend leaked, as far as he knew, they’d still keep in contact with each other. But what irritated him the most was that how Soojung just complied with it, without any explanation for him. She’s just disappeared and shut him out like she always did. And he had to dig every bit of information from all of his hyungs there.

It felt awfully like those times before they’re officially dating.

Oppa~” she took a few steps closer to him hesitantly, and with those sad eyes she looked up at him, “You didn’t mean it, right?”

It was hard for him, too. He let a out a loud sigh and looked up at the ceiling, wishing that he could find an answer to that. To be honest, he really didn’t want to, but deep in his heart, he knew that he was tired. He was tired to be the only one who was chasing her. Not that he wanted her to chase him, but he needed some reassurance that it was all worthed it. That she at least reciprocated his feelings. He was tired to be the only one who was trying to keep this relationship. And her cold act had made him thinking, was it all just his imagination? That he had delusioned himself to believe that she had the same feeling towards him?

“I’ve told you, Soojung-ah... it’s not working,” he finally looked at her in the eyes, “especially not if you’re going to continue to act like this. I don’t want to waste my time with someone who wouldn’t even try to show her feelings for me.”

And he did meant that. He had surprised himself of how much did he actually meant it. It didn’t matter how much he really liked her, or if she actually liked him too, if the other party didn’t show it and left the other in doubt, then what was the point?

A thought suddenly came to his mind about his past relationship. So this is how it feels. How does it hurt to try to reach out to someone you like to no avail. How many times you’ve tried to convince yourself that it was just the way he/she is, that it was just temporary, that he/she would come to you eventually, that you just had to endure it for a little bit longer. But the constant doubt would only added up until it washed away your whole faith. It’d been only a week, and he could not stand it already. He couldn’t imagine how his ex did it for years. No wonder that she said she was sick of him.   

Now that he could relate to that, there’s some kind of strange relief that he had seen it sooner rather than later. That this had happen before his feelings for her had gone way in too deep.

But still, something’s tugged in his heart... is it the right thing to do? Wasn’t it too rushed to make a decision like this?

Oppa, what do you mean?” she tried to reach out for him, but he took a step back. The immediate hurt was visible in her eyes, and he hated the way it hurted him, too, “You know that I do like you, right? And you do know that I did this because they told me to. It’s not because I wanted to. You know that, oppa, don’t you?”

“I know, but— didn’t you at least think about to save my feelings about it? Or to give me some peace of mind that you’re not just playing with me?”

A few creases were visible on her smooth forehead to hear that accusation, “I-I don’t understand, oppa. I’m not playing with you— It had never even crossed my mind! How could you?”

“Then what are you doing with Choi Minho just then? Right in front of my eyes?” he couldn’t help it anymore, the yell had fell out of his mouth uncontrollably. And he wasn’t done yet. “You even had to act all cute in front of that Suho, all the while acting like I wasn’t there. Like I didn’t even exist at all! It’s okay if you’re going to act all cold towards me in front of everyone, but can’t you at least do the same to all the other guys while I was there? For God’s sake, you’re being too obvious I don’t even know which one was act and which one was real—”

His rant was stopped as Soojung hugged him abruptly and buried her face on his chest, sobbing. He let out a low groan and stared up at the ceiling at the sudden act, a long silence had filled up the room as both of them had rendered speechless at the moment. He refused to return the hug though, even when his body screaming at how good it felt to feel her in his arms again.

“I’m sorry...” her voice was muffled by the fabric of his clothes, “I didn’t mean to hurt you... I’d never meant to hurt you, I’d just—I’d just thought that you would understand,” she peeked her eyes out to look up at him, “I’m really really sorry, oppa... it was difficult for me, too...”

Minhyuk used his hand to massage his head and flipped the hair out of his face, clearly frustrated, “I don’t know, Soojung-ah... I’m just, I’m just really tired to be the only one who was trying here...”

She tightened her arms around his waist and put her chin on his chest, making him looked down to see her determination, “Then tell me what to do! I don’t know what you’re expecting of me, but I’ll do anything to show you that I really really like you. Just don’t tell me it’s over, oppa, pleaseee...” she added a pout to give him an extra effect, not cutely, but desperately, before she placed her cheek on his chest near his neck, where she took a deep breath of his heavenly smell, and pulled herself in even more closer if it’s possible, “I miss you so much I don’t think I could let you go...”

“Are you sure?” Minhyuk asked which was replied as Soojung nodded her head vigorously at him, “Then tell me, is there anyone else that you like othar than me?”

He was testing her, for honesty. It was kind of childish, he knew, but if she couldn’t come clean about this, he really doubted that she would be honest with everything else’s.

“No,” Minhyuk quirked a brow to show her that he was pretty much skeptical about it, so she elaborated, “I mean, I’d like to think most of them as my older brothers, nothing more...”

“Not even Kai?”

There was a split second of shocked expression appeared in her eyes, but it was disappeared as soon as it came down upon her, “I see.. Did Heechul oppa told you about him?”

“Nope,” Minhyuk replied curtly, “It was Kai himself who confront me about it. Well, sort of.”

Mwo?” Now she didn’t even bother to hid her surprisement, “When?”

He just shrugged his shoulders, “It didn’t matter when. What matters now is what would you do if he decided to come in between us? Don’t even try to lie to me, Soojung-ah, I know you have some feelings with him, too...”

Seeing there’s no way out of it, Soojung jutted out her lips and once again buried her face deep into his chest, “I don’t know... but for now, I like you much much more...”

“Soojung-ah...” he was disappointed at her answer. For now, so there’s still space for her feelings to change...

“But to be honest,” she looked up at him again, “I really couldn’t imagine myself being this close with him... It’s just—weird, I guess...”

Minhyuk then put his hands on her shoulder, breaking her embrace as he looked deep into her eyes, once again asking her, “Are you sure?”

“Hm,” she nodded immediately.

But he didn’t stop there. He took her hands and dragged her along with him a few steps behind to sit on the bed. He put his fingers between their intertwined hands, and this time, it was him who looked up at her, “Is there anyone else that I should’ve known about?”

He squeezed her hands tight to encourage her to tell him the truth since she looked a bit hesitant. Eventually, she spoke up, “I don’t know if you’re already know about GD oppa... It’s nothing really! I used to have an instagram account and he used to like every single picture of me, so his fans were pretty angry, so I deleted my account... but that’s just it! I’d never really had any interaction with him, anyway...”

“Is that all?”

“There’s no one else I could think about...”

“No more lies?”

“No more lies.”

“Then come here.”

She practically jumped into his lap as he pulled her in and aimed straigth at her lips for a kiss. His hands cradled her face gently while hers encircle around his neck, tugging at the soft hair on his nape. Both of them couldn’t hold their excitement as they poured their heart out into the kiss, missing the feeling of being in each other’s arms, craving for that heat as their bodies dance to fill in the spaces that was left empty for the past week. 

Soojung could feel the heat from his skin like current electricity jolting every tips of her body. She couldn’t stop it. It went through from their attached lips up to the cells of her brain making everything hazy and blurred; and down to her knees. Minhyuk oppa was practically holding her body up the whole time, if he didn’t, she’d probably ended up slumped on the floor, boneless. She didn’t know what had gotten into her to act this bold, hell, she didn’t even realize she was doing it until he held her face between his hands and stopped their making out session, putting a few inches between their bodies to slow her down.

“Soojung-ah… we need to stop…” he said between breathless sighs.

God, how could his rasped voice turn her on this much?!

Still unable to control herself, she captured his lips between hers once again, continuing their previous session. She could feel him chuckled as she did so, and strangely, it sent her over the edge all over again. 

She wanted him to do sinful things on her.

"..."

Wait. What?

After she registered what was happening, she could feel the blood rushed up to her face.

OhmyGodohmyGodohmyGodohmyGodohmyGodohmyGodohmyGodohmyGodohmyGod

What the hell did I’ve done???

This is so embarrassing!!

Chuckling at her sudden realization, Minhyuk resting his forehead on hers and looked deep into her eyes, “That’s my Soojung. Even though I’m excited to see this aggressive side of you—Ouch!”

Soojung pinched his side to stop him from making fun of her. All she wanted to do now was buried her face to the ground. She didn’t know that too much desire could make you blind and unaware of your own actions.

She didn’t know that she wanted him that much.

Still grinning from ear to ear, Minhyuk planted butterfly kisses on her lips, nose, eyes, and her forehead, “It’s alright,” his kisses had magically soothed her panic mode, “It’s comforting to see you want me that much.” And that’s how he made her feel hot and bothered again.

Damn him.

“But… you’re not breaking up with me, right?”

“After that? Nope. But,” he lifted her away from his lap then turned her around so she could lie down on the bed. Kissing her lightly he added, “I need to take a cold shower now. And you, you need to stay here, arraseo?”

Wae…” she started to whine only to stop when he sent her a deathly glare. Piercing her eyes suspiciously, she asked, “You’re not going to molest me while I’m sleeping, aren’t you?”

Smiling mischievously, he quipped back, “Shouldn’t I be the one who asked you that?”

Yaaahh!!!

He put his body on top of her, laughing hard. “However,” he kissed her before he turned serious once again, “I’m going to be even more angry if you take one step out of this bed. Okay?”

She could do nothing other than nodding her head playfully, “Nde~~~

And with that, he pecked her lips once again before he slipped out of the bed straight to the bathroom. She watched his retreated back—which was also filled with muscles, ugh—then curled herself to sleep.

***

The next morning, she woke up after the sun’s shining through the window. It was the best sleep she had had in a week. Her pillow seemed a bit softer, her blanket felt a little bit warmer making her wanted to fall asleep again. However, when she opened her eyes, she found herself in a very unfamiliar place.

Taking in her surroundings, she realized that indeed it wasn’t her room. There’s some kind of a different scent all around her, but it’s the kind that she could get used to. And then, she felt that her pillow was moving—huh?—she was really surprised when she realized that it’s not a pillow. But someone’s chest! A man’s chest! No wonder she thought that she heard the sound of a heart beating on her ear. The next thing she knew was that she’s not only sleeping on a man’s torso, but the man practically all over her, holding her close, flush to flush.

When it’s finally dawn on her on who it might be, she took a quick glance to confirm her suspicion. Happiness immediately surged upon her when she saw Minhyuk oppa was sleeping soundly right beside her. Hair in disarray, mouth opened, he looked like a child while sleeping. Aigoo… even looking cute he still managed to make her wanted to kiss him.

Get a hold of yourself, Jung Soojung.

Instead of surrendering to her desire, she buried her body closer to him, smelling his comfortable scent to satiate herself.

“Watch out, Jungie-yah… you don’t want to bother my buddy down there…”

Mwo? You’re awake?”

Because she was startled, her body moved so quickly that her thigh accidentally nudged his morning hardness. He was groaning both in agony and pleasure, while she covered and moved her legs out of his way.

“Oops… mian…” she apologized. It wasn’t like she didn't know what most guys had been through every morning, but it was the first time she had to deal with it. Still, it was embarrassing.

But what should she do? Should she move away from him? Shireo. She definitely didn’t want to do that.

Like reading her mind, he held her closer before opened up his eyes to gaze down at her.

Gwenchana… let’s stay like this for a while, okay?”

“Ng,” she agreed obligedly.

So they stayed like that for a few minutes. Holding each other close, savoring the peaceful moment together in silence, just the way they like it to be. She was drawing circles on his chest absentmindedly, while he was playing with her hair and kissing the top of her head every once in a while. Moments like this were so hard to find, where they could just be; no interruption, no one else’s there but the two of them.

She broke the silence when a question popped out into her mind, “Oppa, what are we going to do now?”

With a heavy sigh, he replied, “We need to talk to your CEO. But we need a strategy first.”

Propping her chin on his chest to look up at him, she asked him again with growing curiosity, “Do you have any idea?”

“Well, I have one. But I don’t know how it would work out. Do you trust me?”

***

A/N: *tiptoeing in*

I won't bothered with excuses now, but I hope you like this chapter. I was contemplating on where I should take this story, but hey it was chapter 19 already, just get the deed done already. Muahahahaha...

Btw, I still have a few dramas in store for this story, but I'm not sure if I should go with it (since my kind of drama was boring) or should I just finished the drama for a few chapters and turned it into a series of one-shot. I also have 2 other stories that had been plaguing my mind for these past weeks, one of ChanBo after The Heirs and one of some angsty MinKrys, I'll probably posted them when I have the time. So I don't know, my mind is kinda of a mess right now, maybe your opinion would help?