Chapter 2: Reunion

The Eternity

 

 

The Kim family arrived first at the restaurant, the place that Appa Odiga’s reunion was being held. After checking the restaurant’s reservation for them, they entered into their room which was located on the  2nd floor. Minguk chose an outdoor party as the reunion party. The room has a huge veranda which was decorated with some flowers and a pond. The restaurant was located near the Han River so it created a romantic and elegant situation. Everyone was willing to spend their time for hours with a glass of wine while enjoying the sparkle of surrounding building’s lights.

“Yeoboseyo. Where are you, Bin-ah?… Oh, you're on your way already? Ne, oppa and my family is at the restaurant… Be careful, Bin-ah. Please tell Joon to drive the car safely. Ne, kkeunta.”

Kim Minguk ended his phone conversation with Bin. He looked at himself into the mirror that hung on the room’s corner. Everybody won't be expecting this from him tonight.

“Ah, hyung. How many times do you have to look at yourself in front of mirror tonight? Thousand times?”

A hand was placed on Minguk’s shoulder. Kim Minyul.

“Tonight is my night so I must look presentable,” Minguk smoothly answered.

“Really? Isn’t there any motive besides that?” asked Minyul with a lot of curiousity.

“Aniyo. What kind of motive?”

“Mmh…..leave a great impression for a girl who refused your love confession years ago?”

“YA!”

Minyul laughed and raised his hands to the air.

“Arasseo, Hyung.”

“Who refused your love, Oppa?”

Minjoo suddenly showed up behind Minyul.

“No one. Hush, go away. Both of you. Go to the veranda. Don’t you want to enjoy the city’s night view?”

“I want to. But, look, Eomma and Appa are enjoying their quality time together,” Minjoo answered while pointing outside the room, followed by Minguk and Minyul.

“Hoek. It makes me want to go to the toilet.”

Minyul disappeared fast, leaving Minguk and Minjoo alone.

“Oppa, who refused your love?” asked Minjoo again.

“I told you before. No one, Minjoo-ah.”

Minjoo smiles.

“I have handsome brothers so I bet no one could ever refuse your charming side,” said Minjoo.

There is one person who refused my charming side, Minjoo-ah.

A few minutes later, the Sung Family arrived. Minguk stands up from his chair and welcomed them. But, he can’t find Bin among them.

“Where is Bin?” asked Minguk to Joon.

“Oh, she went to the ladies' room. It's our first meeting after a long time and Bin is the first person you look for, Hyung? Aigoo.”

Minguk laughs.

“Don’t tell me that…” Joon stops his sentence.

“Don’t tell me what?” asked Minguk.

Joon shakes his head.

“Aniyo. Where is Minjoo? Oh, Minjoo-ah!”

Joon turns away from Minguk and says hello to Minjoo who just came from the veranda. Minguk wasn't in a good mood to ask further what Joon meant and instead, he chose to wait for Bin outside the ladies' room.

Near the stairs, the Yoon Family is going up.

“Aigoo. Mingukiee. Chukahae!” said Yoon Minsoo after he saw Minguk at the top of the stairs.

Minguk smiles.

“Anyeonghaseyo. Thank you, uncle. Please come in, my family and the Sungs are inside already,” said Minguk while shaking Minsoo’s hand and his wife.

“Oppa!”

Minguk heared a familiar voice from below. A familiar voice that he missed too much. Minguk smiled when he saw Bin smiling with her smiley eyes. But, Minguk’s smile disappears when he saw that Bin’s hand was placed in the arm’s of another man from the Yoon family. The only kid from Yoon, Yoon Hoo.

“Hyung! Chukahae! Aigoo, long time no see,” Hoo hugs Minguk. Minguk stay quiet for a moment and tried his best to act normal again.

“Gomawo, Hoo-ah. Yes, it has been a long time since we met. Did you come together?”

Hoo answered. “Aniyo. We accidentally met after Bin came from the ladies' room.”

Minguk nods.

“What are you doing here, Oppa? Where are you going?” Bin asked Minguk.

Welcoming you.

“Oh, me? I need to go to the bathroom, also” Minguk answered randomly.

“Arasseo. We'll go inside first, Oppa.”

Hoo and Bin left Minguk alone. Minguk kept a straight face when he remembered what Minjoo said minutes ago.

See? There is one person who isn't  attracted to me, Minjoo-ah.

 

 


 

 

“Thank you for taking the time to be here with us. Just like you already know, uri Mingukie, just got a job in one of the TV Stations. I think he wants to follow my path as announcer,” Kim Sungjoo’s speech made the whole family laugh.

Some people were enjoying every second of the moment, some of them were in pain and hoped that the show would end fast. Irony.

Junsu sat across Bin, who sat between Hoo and Minguk. Junsu smiles tartly.

“Mian. Because I was late from the office, you have to sit far away from you special one,” Taksu whispered to Junsu who sat beside him. He realized his brother’s feeling just by looking at him.

“Ah, hyung. Don’t be such a know-it-all.”

Junsu reached for his wine glass.

“She is an attractive woman, Junsu-ah. You should move fast if you don’t want to be disappointed like me.”

Taksu touches Junsu’s shoulder, then throws back his attention to his phone.

Hyung…

Junsu can feel the sadness inside his brother’s sentence.

After the speech ended, the reunion started with free time while enjoying the food.

Joon sat in one of the room’s corner while reading Hoo’s notes.

“Oppa, put that book down and enjoy the reunion.”

Jiah sat beside Joon and took a peek of the book’s contents. Joon was startled and closed Hoo’s note.

“Arasseo. But, I really have to prepare myself for the next exam. I want to get the best score.”

“You are better than me in many ways, Oppa. Me? I have to practice my singing and dancing every day. My debut is coming. Oppa, by the way, don’t you have to congratulate me for my debut?”

Joon touched Jiah’s hair.

“Aigoo. I'm more concerned about your health with your busy schedules after debut. When do you go back to your dorm?

“The day after tomorrow.”

“Do you want to go out with me tomorrow?”

Joon suddenly asked Jiah, making Jiah shocked a little bit.

Jiah nods.

“Where are we going?”

“It is a secret. We’ll see. I guarantee you will like it.”

Jiah smiles.

“Don’t act so mysterious like that, Oppa.”

“The truth is, all women love mysterious men.”

Joon’s answer makes Jiah laughs.

“I can't believe those words came out from Sung Joon.”

 

 

 

“Oppa, how is Jiwoon unni? Is she okay?” Bin asked Hoo who sat beside her.

Hoo coughs.

“Hah? She? Emh… I guess she is fine,” Hoo answered while he drank water.

“Guess? Aigoo. Aren't you supposed to know the condition of your own girlfriend?”

“I am…emh…we are no longer in a relationship, Bin-ah.”

Bin’s mouth stopped chewing.

Stupid.

“Ah, mianhae, Oppa. I… I don’t know.”

Hoo smiles.

“It’s okay, Bin-ah.”

“So, what was happened after you broke up? Still best friends, right?”

Hoo shakes his head.

“Unfortunately, we aren’t best friends anymore. She doesn't reply to any of my messages and doesn't answer my phone calls.”

Bin showed her sad face.

“It’s too bad. You guys were best friends before.”

“Aigoo, you don’t need to be that sad, Bin-ah. I am the one who should be sad,” Hoo said while pinching Bin’s cheeks.

Bin laughs.

“Kekeke, I know Oppa. But still, it is so sad. A friendship was ruined because of love.”

“Well well, look who's talking about love,” Hoo joked which made Bin punch him.

Junsu was about to called Bin but hesitated when he saw the intimacy between Bin and Hoo. Junsu chose to go outside to the veranda with a glass of wine. The city’s lights reflecting on the Han river looks a bit dull because of the river’s waves.

“Junsu Oppa.”

Bin stands beside Junsu, takes Junsu’s glass and drinks it.

“What?”

“Wow, chill. Don't be so cold. Looks like you're sad right now. What happened?”

Junsu shakes his head, take his glass back from Bin, and finishes it in one shot.

“Aniyo. Nothing happened. Where did Hoo hyung go?”

“Oh, he's having a conversation with Minyul and Jiwook. Guy talk. That is why I came here.”

“Am I your get-away?”

Bin punches Junsu’s shoulder.

“Aniyo. Bogoshipeo.”

“Lies.”

Bin laughs.

“Of course I miss my favorite Oppa, but not as much as my favorite Joon Oppa. He’s my real brother.”

Junsu smiles.

It means I am the number one among the rest, except Joon.

“What a beautiful view.”

Junsu nods to Bin’s words.

“Oppa, do you like me?”

Bin suddenly asked Junsu in the middle of their silence.

Junsu’s heart stop beating when Bin suddenly asked a question like that.

“What…what do you mean?”

“Aniyo. Emmh… you don’t like me, right? No, I mean, of course you like me as your favorite and beloved dongsaeng, as your best friend. But, you don’t like me…ah, like Hoo oppa and Jiwoon unni. Right? You don’t like me that way, right?”

“Mmh… why do you say so?”

Bin took a deep breath.

“Hoo oppa and Jiwon unni broke up! They were best friends before, but after they broke up, they're acting like strangers who don't know each other. Isn’t it ironic? They've been friends since they were kids.

“So?”

Bin turns her head and look at Junsu’s eyes.

“So, you can’t like me that way. Mmh… you know what I am talking about, right? I don’t want our friendship to be ruined like them, because of love. Do you understand?”

“Aras…sseo. Ara.”

Bin smiles.

“Promise? I don’t want to lose my favorite Oppa.”

Bin shows her pinkie finger.

“Promise.”

Junsu doubtly agree and hook their pinkie fingers.

 

I shouldn’t make this promise.

“Assa!”

Bin smiles then reached Junsu’s side. The wind around Han River makes the air colder than any other place.

“Wear this.”

Junsu said to Bin while covering Bin’s back with his coat.

“Gomawo.”

“Mmh.” Junsu only nods. He can feel Bin’s hand enter his arm and hug him.

At least I can enjoy this beautiful and romantic moment with her.

 

 

“Thank you for tonight, Uncle Sungjoo.”

Bin says goodbye to the Kim Family.

“You are welcome, Bin-ah.”

“Gomawayo, Oppa. Good luck with your job!”

Bin hugs Minguk and Minguk nods.

“Be careful on your way home, Bin-ah. Text me when you arrived.”

Bin nods and turns to Minyul.

“Minyul-ah, noona is going home first.”

“You shouldn’t do that.”

Bin’s smile disappeared.

“Do what?”

“You know what I am talking about,” Minyul answered while turning and looked at Minguk. Bin followed his view.

“Bin-ah, come on. Do you want to be left here?”

Joon’s voice broke the tension between Bin and Minyul.

“Mmh…bye, Minyool-ah.”

Bin doubtly say good bye and reached her car after she bowed to Minyul.

 

 

Junsu sat beside Taksu in the front seat on their way home. Their parents sat at the back seat and fell asleep.

“Where is your coat? Did you leave it at the restaurant?”

Junsu shakes his head.

“Aniyo. I gave it to Sung.”

Taksu nods. Junsu habitually called Bin by ‘Sung’ because she is the only one from the Family who is close with Junsu.

“I have two baseball tickets for tomorrow. Go watch it with Sung.”

“Mmh… Did she cancel your appointment?”

Junsu guessed quickly.

Taksu nods.

“What is her reason this time?”

“Nothing. She doesn’t want to see me. That’s all.”

 

 

Yeoboseyo?”

“Are you home already?”

Junsu calls Bin immediately after he finished changing his clothes.

Ne, twenty minutes ago.”

                “I have two baseball tickets for tomorrow. Do you want to watch it with me?”

Of course I’d love too. But I don't have…”

You don’t have to pay at all. Ckckck, you really don’t want to lose your money.”

Junsu can hear Bin laughing.

“Arasseo. Go to sleep early. Don’t stay awake for long. Kkeunta."

Ne~ Goodnight.”

Bin ended her phone conversation with Junsu. She looked at her phone’s screen, she just now saw a message that came 10 minutes ago.

 

From: Minguk Oppa

Message: Bin-ah, are you home? Do you have any schedule for tomorrow? Do you want to go out with me?

Bin stays quite for a moment.

 

To: Minguk Oppa

Message: Ne, I’m home already. Mianhae, Oppa. I made plans with Junsu Oppa earlier. Maybe next time.

 

I didn’t lie. I really do have plans with Junsu oppa.

Bin went to her bed, ready to sleep until she remembered what Minyul had said when she said good bye to him. Bin shook her head and tried hard to sleep.

That was your decision, Bin-ah. It was not your fault.

 

 

 

 

_KYLA'S RANDOM-NESS!

 I DIDN'T REALLY "SHIP" BIN-AH & JUNSU IN THE SHOW, BUT THIS STORY!

T.T I'M STILL SAD SOHEE LEFT WG, BUT I HOPE SHE DOES WELL WITH  HER ACTING/MODELING.

JUST A LITTLE ERIC NAM  FOR YOU BECAUSE HIS VOICE IS DAEBAK <3

I UPDATE WHENEVER THE AUTHOR UPDATES, SO IN THE MEANTIME, ENJOY IT~