Just the beginning.

hide and go seek.

Chapter 1; Just the beginning

 

 

 

"The same as always, huh?" 

 

The brunette laid awake as he fiddled with the silver cresent pinned on his shirt with an intricate design of the letter 'S'. The worn out mattress had its sheets unkempt from last night, he could only blame himself for that. The recurring nightmares plaugued his mind again while he was sleeping, causing him to toss and turn. He will never be able to accept the tradegy that had dawned upon him.

 

The distorted images. The chase. The need to survive.

 

He felt a slight chill run down his spine, the metal springs pressing uncomfortably on his back through the thin fabric. The sound of birds chirping tainting the comfortable silence in the wee hours of dawn. How happy those winged creatures sounded were a total contrast to the how the the brunette felt.

 

Lifting his upper part of his body off the bed with his right arm, the other had its palm pressed against the left side of his face. The wetness apparent, his skin could feel the soaked bandages start to stain his fingers. It's bleeding again? 

 

Irritating. 

 

Letting his hand fall limp to the side, where it laid hanging from the edge of the bed lifelessly. He stared at the same old surroundings of the room that greeted him ever since he had been kept in here for the past two weeks. The white wash walls that had been painted with a fresh coat of paint the day before his arrival, covered up the yellowing and tearing of the old wall. There were also black and grey oil paintings of dolls hung on the walls just to hide the fact of how plain it was.

 

It was, afterall, Alice's wish for the brunette to like what she liked, therefore the paintings. To be honest, he'd rather be in a room with only a bed rather than have them reminding him of the emptiness they harbored. With their wooden bodies, hollow and still, they only made him feel more lifeless. 

 

He heaved a sigh as he craned his neck to face the window. It was crazy how just glass and a few crisscrossed pieced of white tinted wood were what physically held him back from freedom. He could see the blooming vibrant colours of spring flourish among the flowers and the usual tint of baby blue of the sky, strewn white clouds in clusters looking as if they were messily plastered across it like cotton on a canvas. This large window was what kept him sane day and night, so he would always know that time was ticking, that everything wasn't just grey and dull, that this was reality.

 

The sweet and relaxing peace that overshadowed him was gone since someone slammed open his door, followed by the sound of heels approaching him in a hurrid pace. Without even a glance towards the door, he knew who it was. Arms were thrown around his neck and a high pitched voice squeaked with happiness.

 

"Sehunnie oppa!"

 

Sehun turned his body slightly with a small smile, facing the little girl in front of him. He petted the space beside him, motioning her to take a seat. He glanced at her butler, Kein, standing beside the door frame. The red head had his usual smug expression in place, as if mocking Sehun of how similiar he is to a small rat cornered with no way to escape.

 

His eyes squinted and his lips thinned for a moment before reverting to the expression from before, continuing his coversation with Alice.

 

"Good morning to you too, milady."

 

The little girl let a small sound of irritance before lightly slapping the taller on the shoulder. "I told you to call me Alice instead!" she huffed.

 

Still keeping the faint smile on his face, "Isn't it the same as me telling you to call me Sehun instead of Sehunnie?"

 

With wide eyes and an apparent pout, a light shade of pink dusted her cheeks. " That's... d-different..."

 

While trailing off with her sentence and furrowing her eyebrows, Sehun let out a soft chuckle before petting her soft golden locks. 

 

"It's alright," gazing at her with his soft blue eyes. "You can continue calling me Sehunnie and I'll try to get used to calling you by your name, okay?" 

 

Alice's eyes shined and with a gummy smile in place, she nodded her head with enthusiasm. Oblivious to the movements of Kein before, the butler stooped beside the little girl's ear and whispered, "It's time for breakfast."

 

Hopping off the brunette's bed, she twirled to face Sehun, her dress flaring up at the speed of it. She offered an eye smile, waving to him as she was lead out the room, trailing behind the butler.

 

"See you, Sehunnie oppa!" 

 

The last word was muffled as the door got closed. 

 

Sehun's smile dropped. He flopped his body on to his bed with an arm draped over his eyes, bloking the sun. He could feel the blood of his bandages slowly seep through to the cotton fabric of his long sleeved collar shirt but he couldn't care less about it. 

 

I'm just so tired... And...

 

"Lu, I miss you.." He said, his voice barely a whisper. 

 

 

At an abandoned part of Korea, where trees towered over modern skyscrapers and wildlife abundant, stood a small shed. Near it was a huge meadow, a place for small playful creatures to wander around.

 

There was a small frail boy. 

 

"Sehun," he said to no one in particular as he laid on the grassy fields. The fresh morning dew on the many daisies and poppies were slowly dampening his white dress shirt. His messy silver hair already wet and his fringe covered his tired eyes.

 

With a hand outstretched towards the sky, the morning rays of sunlight shone through the gaps between his fingers.

 

"Where are you?"

 

Just hearing that desperate statement which he had been asking for countless times utter from his own mouth, disturbed him. It made his eyes droop with unshed tears and the corner of his lips tug downwards. 

 

With a short glance to his right, he pushed himself off the ground. Sehun taught him how civillisation came about through the different methods of survival right before his dissapearance. So if he follows this river, he was bound to find some people that can help him, right?  Clenching one hand around the pandora dangling from his necklace,  his journey began. 

 

 

I need to find you, Sehun.

 

 

 

 


Writer's corner. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this small starting chapter of this story heheh

The plot will develop more as it goes on, I swear.