Kiss

Kiss

Eversince the interview where Zelo confessed that Youngjae kisses him (a lot), Daehyun has been very emotional over it. To simply put it, he's jealous. And envious that Youngjae didn't find him cute enough to be kissed on the cheeks. Daehyun has tried so many times to get Youngjae's attention by doing aegyo in front of him but he believes that his best friend has eyes for only Zelo. He almost gives up the ordeal until Himchan noticed what was going on.

Daehyun was glaring at the new couple who was off watching a video on the group's personal iPad, earphones plugged in as they giggled and shushed each other.

"Daehyun-ah, what are you staring at?"

"A-ah hyung! It's nothing."

"Do you think I'm stupid? How can it be nothing? You've been staring at them for weeks with that... weird look in your eyes. Is there something I need to know? Come on, you can tell me."

Daehyun couldn't resist Himchan's puppy eyes and gave in. Pft, that sly fox.

"Hyung, it's just- I just-"

"You're jealous, ain't ya? Hahaha I knew it. Jung Daehyun you've always had eyes for that self-proclaimed "brain of the group". Pfffft. If only you've seen how you look like when you're longing for him."

"Hyung-"

"I'll teach you a trick. It has always worked for me with Bbang, and we're cannon, you know? So just trust me. Listen to me."

'Because I'm the best,' Himchan thinks but doesn't say it out loud.

Despite being a little hesitant about trusting someone like Himchan, who can be pretty exaggerating, Daehyun followed his words closely. Basically, he had to ignore Youngjae. Well, not completely make his existence transparent but more of giving the cold shoulder and silent treatment.

Everytime he ignored Youngjae though, he felt a piece of his broken heart sink within his tummy and disappear because Youngjae just had to pout adorably. Daehyun wants to kiss those puffy pink lips but he doesn't, and walks away.

Youngjae could feel something was up from Daehyun's actions towards him but he kept mum about it.

Until one day after practice, Daehyun and Youngjae were left in the practice room to train their vocals while the rest of the members went out and about to do their own things. Himchan accompanied Yongguk to the basement to write song lyrics and "stuff" and the two maknaes went for their dance class.

'The coast is clear,' Youngjae thinks, and made his way over to Daehyun who was facing the wall, rummaging through his bag.

"Daehni!!" Youngjae squealed loudly as he gave Daehyun a tight backhug. Daehyun went stiff.

"What," he said flatly.

"Daehniiiii~~~ Why have you been so cold towards me lately? I feel so... so... abandoned by my own best friend. W-we're still best friends right? D-Daehni-" Youngjae choked a sob, causing Daehyun to turn around in his embrace.

"Jae, don't cry. You know why I'm doing this." Daehyun looked on as Youngjae struggled to contain his tears.

"W-why? J-jae doesn't understand w-why Daehni ish doing t-this!!" A tear rolled down Youngjae's prominent pink cheeks. "Jae's heart ish h-hurting Daehni!"

Daehyun's heart softened at the accidental aegyo let out by Youngjae but he stayed firm with his emotions. He couldn't give in every single time right? He's hurt too by Youngjae's actions!

He got out of the embrace and took a step backwards.

"Jae-yah. Fine I'll tell you. I don't like it when you go to Zelo and kiss him. In fact, I hate it. Why do you need to go all the way to that giant to show your affection? That's Himchan's role! Why do you do that?"

"I do it because his innocence is cute! W-why are you like th-"

"He's not innocent puh-lease. Tell me you're not that dense to notice he has been watching matured movies and looking at you like... like... like an eagle on its prey! Aish that kid!"

"What are you on about?! What- no! Junhong is very inn-"

"He's not, trust me."

Youngjae glowered at his best friend for a few seconds before he smirked playfully.

"Ah, someone's jealous."

Flustered, Daehyun gave Youngjae the 'what-the--no' look.

"Jung. Dae. Hyun. Is jealous! All because of me! Hah, I would never have thought that this day would come."

"I'm not jealous, you prick."

"Says the person who got mad over innocent little me who showed affection for the baby of the group. Sure."

"Jae, stop it."

"You're the dense one, Daehni. You still cannot figure out why I do things to Zelo? Really? Wow. Wow. I'm friends with a loser. Wow."

"Jae-"

"Like it's so easy to be the brain of the group, especially when you're this stu-"

Youngjae didn't get to finish his sentence because Daehyun kissed him square on the lips to shut him up. 

"ing finally, Daehni."

"What?"

"Finally you've made your move on me. I've been waiting for so long before debut and then months after you still didn't notice my advances, of course I had to do something."

It all finally clicked in Daehyun's brain. Ah. This prick. This adorable little prick.

Daehyun flushed when it all came together and smiled bashfully at his best friend who, in turn, is eyeing him playfully.

"Ah, so all of that for a kiss from me? You gotta be kidding me."

"Not a kiss, Daehniiiiii~~~ Plenty of kisses!!" Youngjae leaned forward and begins kissing Daehyun's plump lips, earning a moan from the elder.

"Mm Jae... So next you're gonna-" Daehyun whispers in between kisses. "Have with Zelo just to have with me..."

Youngjae pulled away, his eyebrows furrowing in surprise after he realised what Daehyun just said.

"Wow, you're ing stupid."