Missing You

Missing You

-Flashback-

DH: “Annyeong! :D  Why are you crying?”

You: “A…nn…yeong…nugu shimnikka?” (Who are you?) *composing yourself*

DH: “Donghae-imnida~ Now, tell me why are you crying? Malhaebwa.”

You: “My dad…my dad…he’s gone…he’s gone before we can celebrate my birthday tomorrow; never coming back…eoddeoke? …” *cry harder this time*

DH: “Gwanchana. Don’t cry, my dad went there too. They are watching over us over there.”*pointing to the sky* J

You: “Jinjja? *sniff sniff*”

DH: “NE! See! They brought us here.”  *pointing to you and himself*  :D

[Next day]

You: “Annyeong!”

DH: “Annyeong! You are here today too.” (DH sitting under the tree)

You: “I thought I will find you here, gomawo, for yesterday.”

DH: “Aniyo, I understand how you feel. Saengil Chukahae!” :D

[Next day again]

DH: “Annyeong!”

You: “Annyeong! You are here again!” :D (You sitting under the tree)

-End of Flashback-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting on the grass with the cool breeze blowing on my face, brought me back to how I had meet Donghae. The same weather, the same day but 15 years ago. We were five at that time and we met at this big tree on this hill at Mokpo. I was crying over my father death when he first saw me. Even though he didn’t know me, he consoles me like no one else did. From that day onwards, we will meet at the tree to play almost every day.  He was my best friend, my childhood friend and the one I loved.

-Flashback-

[One Sunny Morning]

You: “Donghae-oppa!! … Donghae-oppa!! … Where are you?”

DH: “Over here~~~ Kekeke~~~”

You: “I thought you left. My mum says you are going to Seoul today.”

DH: “Ne! We are visiting my aunt. We will be there about a week. ________-ah, next week, the day I’ll be back, is your 10th birthday, shall we meet here?”

You: “Ne! Of course! I will come here every day even if you are not here!” *Big Smile*

DH: “Arasso! Arasso!” *pout*

You: “Ah! Jamggan manyo! *digging your pocket* Here! This is yours!”

DH: “Woowah! Jinjja yebbeo yo! You made this?” (A handmade blue bracelet)

You: “Ne! My mum taught me. You like it?”

DH: “Of course! It’s BLUE!!!!”

You: “You have to! It’s a pair!” *flashing your wrist with the same bracelet but in red*

DH: “Kekekeke!!! Alright, I need to go now, see you on your birthday! Annyeong~”

You: Ne! Yak Sok! Annyeong!

-End of Flashback-

That was the last time I saw Donghae. I waited for him day and night. My mum had to force me home, but she promised she will call Donghae’s mum to check out what had happened. I couldn’t sleep. All I thought about was “Why didn’t oppa come? Why did he break his promise?” There are so many questions that I want to find out. The next morning, I went to the tree again. He is still not there. I kept waiting, no matter what.

-Flashback-

[2 Weeks after your birthday]

You: “I don’t want to go home!!!!! I want to wait for Donghae oppa!!!!!”

Mum: “Jebal ________-ah, you have to rest. You can find him tomorrow.”

You: “That was what you say yesterday and the day before and the day before and the next day when I’m here, he is still not here.” *cries*

Mum: “You have to rest today, I had called ahjumma, she will be returning tomorrow.”

You: “Really?! Oppa is coming back tomorrow?! Let’s go home!”

Mum: *force smile*

[Next day]

You: “Umma! Welcome back! Why did you all come back so late? Where’s oppa?” (You call Donghae’s mum umma too!)

Aunt Hyang Sook: “Donghae… Donghae… He… he… is missing.” *sobbing*

You: “Missing? What do you mean missing? Did he ask you to play a prank on me and went to hide somewhere? Oppa~!! Watch out~~ I’m gonna find you~~!!!” *run out of the room but was caught by your mum*

Mum: “________-ah, the day when Donghae and Aunt Hyang Sook were coming back to Mokpo, Donghae went missing. That is why Aunt Hyang Sook came back late, she was searching for Donghae everywhere, but still couldn’t find.”

-End of Flashback-

Tears filled my eyes, when my mum told me everything. I couldn’t stop crying for days. For the past ten years, I had been visiting the tree most of my time, especially on my birthday. (The day DH went missing) And every single visit, I will wish that Donghae oppa will appear. Tomorrow will be my 20th birthday, the tenth time without Donghae by my side. Night falls so soon, and it’s time for me to head home.

[At home]

Aunt Hyang Sook: “_______-ah, at the tree again?”

You: “Ne, umma. As usual, where’s Umma?” (Your real mum)

Aunt Hyang Sook: “In the kitchen. I suppose you are going to the tree again tomorrow?”

You: “Ne, tomorrow will be another chance for oppa to fulfill his promise.”

Aunt Hyang Sook: “_______-ah, you know you shouldn’t wait for Donghae anymore. It’s been 10 years; I don’t want you to waste your time you know.”

You: “Araseoyo, umma. Tomorrow will be oppa’s last chance. I will forever always keep him here.” *pointing to your heart*

Aunt Hyang Sook: “I’m gald that you understand. Shall we go help your umma?”

You: “NE!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Next day – Your Birthday]

Today, I woke up earlier than the past nine birthdays I had without oppa. It was a rather odd morning. There were more cars and vans parked near the hill than a usual morning should have and the sun had only just risen. I made my way to the hill and there were many people. I guessed there is some filming taking place as they were all setting up the equipment they have. I went closer to take a look; after all, today is a special for me to be at the tree. Awhile later, music started playing and a big group of boys were dancing and singing. As I’m getting closer, I saw someone that took my breath away. It was Donghae oppa. He looks exactly the way he is from young, nothing changed. I couldn’t help myself from rushing to him and hug him tight.

You: “Donghae oppa! You are finally back! I knew you wouldn’t break our promise!” *started crying*

Director: “Who the hell is this person?! Do you know her? (Asked DH and DH shake his head)We are filming right now! Get her out of here!”

You: “Donghae oppa! You are kidding me right? Just like what you always did when we were young right?”

DH: “Mianhanida. Donghae-imnida, but I don’t know you. I think you got the wrong person.”

His words shocked me and I could only freeze there. Then, I was chase away by the staffs and they continue filming with me watching by the side. How can he not know me? I am very sure he is oppa, my Donghae oppa. I have to find out what is going on. Soon enough, everyone was having break, I took this opportunity to grab some information from the staffs and this is what I’ve got.

-They are Super Junior, currently filming their MV of their new song.

-That guy name is Donghae, 20 years old. Had an accident when he was 10 years old and suffer from memory loss. Lived in Seoul. Closest with Eunhyuk in the group.

With this, I am very sure he is my oppa. It can’t be coincidence. I have to confirm this before letting both umma know. I waited for great opportunity that I have, Donghae visiting the washroom. When he exits the washroom, I immediately grab him to the back where no one can find us.

You: “Donghae oppa, I need you to listen to me.”

DH: “Hey, I’ve got filming to do and I’m not supposed to talk to any fans.”

You: “Oppa, listen. The parents you have right now are not your real parents. You are from Mokpo. Your real dad passed away and real mum is still here. 10 years ago, she brought you to Seoul to visit your aunt but you went missing during the last day of visit. She searches for you everywhere, but there were no news about you. I’m Jeong _______, we met when we were five at the very same place where your filming is taken place. We had known each other since then. You were supposed to meet me here on my birthday which is the last day of your visit but you didn’t. I know you got into accident. That must have made you lost your memory. This bracelet is good enough to prove that you are the Donghae oppa I know.”

DH: “Woah! Woah! Woah! What are you talking?! My parents are real and I’m borned in Seoul! Don’t say anything about me when you don’t even know the real me! So what if I had the same bracelet as you, it’s just a coincidence. You sure are one crazy ELF!” (a/n mianhe~ I know DH won’t say that, I need it to be a little dramatic here. Hope ELFs will understand. I am an ELF too~~~!!! XD)

You: “Oppa! You got to believe me!”

DH: “Stay away from me!” *Walked away angrily*

With that, he left me alone, crying. I guess now I have to face the fact that everything changed. The oppa I knew can never come back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[2 Weeks later]

[Suju dorm]

Donghae POV

Ever since that day we went Mokpo, my head had been hurting badly, blur images with two kids are showing up and I have no idea why. With the entire schedule planned for us, there is no time to rest or to even call my mum. The things that girl said kept me thinking every night. What exactly happen to me? I can only remember things from 10 years old onwards. Can the things she says be true?

EH: Yah, Donghae-ah! Gwanchana? You look ill.

DH: Ne, just having headache. Are we going to Mokpo tomorrow?

EH: Ne, I heard from Teukie hyung, tomorrow will be a sunny day in Mokpo. Can you believe it, it had been raining for 2 weeks ever since we were there that day and our MV filming has to be rescheduled. No wonder they call us the God of Rain. Kekekeke.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[At the tree]

Your POV

You: “I guess it’s time for me to leave.”

Having said that to the tree, I bury the box with the photos of me and oppa taken together, the birthday wishes I wrote for the past few years when he was gone and the last letter. Last but not least, I decided to leave the bracelet I made behind, in the box, bury forever.

[Home]

Aunt Hyang Sook: “Do you have to go to America so soon?”

Mum: “Will you be alright by yourself? I’m really worried”

You: “Umma, I will be alright. I need to clear my mind before school start, so getting there early will be a good chance. I need a change of environment too. I promised I will call when I reach there and will call often. Don’t worry. It’s getting late; I have to pack my stuffs already.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Next day]

Donghae POV

Today, Suju is here again to complete our MV filming in Mokpo. Luckily the rain yesterday stopped this morning, if not we has to reschedule again. When we are all done dressing up, we went to the tree to get ready.

DH: “Woah!!!!!” *almost trip*

EH: “Yah! Gwanchana? Did you get hurt?”

DH: “Aniyo, na gwanchana. What’s that?” *saw the box* (a/n this is because the rain washes away the soil, so the box appears~~)

EH: “It’s a box, open it! Open it!”

I open the box, and I saw lots of photos, papers and a bracelet. Those photos were me when I was young. It was taken with a little girl. There were pieces of birthday wishes card and a letter.

 

I wish Donghae oppa will fulfill his promise today.

Oppa, do you know? I had been crying for 2 weeks ever since I saw you that day at the tree. It had been raining for 2 weeks too. It’s like the clouds are crying with me too. I thought you came to fulfill your promise, but I was wrong. You had changed. I’ve been crying so much that there are no more tears for me to shed anymore. Do you still remember the first time we met? I was also crying. You console me like no one else did, from then we became best friend and the only one I loved. The blue bracelet I made is for you and only you. It is design in a pair, yours is blue and mine is red. It represents my love for you. I thought this will not separate us, but I was wrong. You can never come back to me anymore. The oppa I loved is gone, forever. I will be leaving Mokpo tomorrow, leaving for America to study jewelry design. I have to leave everything behind, including you and my heart. I guess this is the best way for me to move on. You are forever and always the oppa I love and cherished, yeongwonhi saranghaeyo. Annyeong, nae sarang.

________.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a red bracelet in the box and it look exactly like mine. This must be from the girl I met 2 weeks ago. All the blur images suddenly came clear. The 2 kids were me and her. This was what she had been telling me all along. She is my ________. My love. I remember everything now. Mokpo, umma, the tree and ________ . I got to find her. (He call your mum umma too, just like you! xD)

DH: “Hyung! Something caught up, I have to go now!”

LT: “Donghae-ah! What is going on?”

DH: “I’ll explain later!”  * Running away*

I have to find umma and ________. I ran as fast as I could to ________’s house.

*knock knock*

Mum: “Nugu shimnikka?”

DH: “Umma! Where’s ________?”

Mum: “Nugu ya?!?!”

DH: “Nan Donghae-ya, umma.”

Mum: “Hyang Sook-ah!! Hyang Sook-ah!! It’s Donghae!! He’s back!!”

* Aunt Hyang Sook rushing to the door*

Aunt Hyang Sook: “Donghae-ah!! Where had you been? Neomu bogoshipeo.” *cries*

DH: “Umma! Umma! Where is ________? I need to find her.”

Aunt Hyang Sook: “You are too late; she left 5 minutes ago to the bus stop. Donghae-ah! Where are you going?”

DH: “Umma, I will be back to explain everything, I need to find _______ first!” *running, fast”

I ran with all my might to the bus stop, hoping to reach her on time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your POV

Growing up here for 20 years is such a long time, and now I had to leave this place. I will sure miss everything. Soon, the bus came and it’s time for me to go.

DH: “________-ah! ________-ah! Don’t go up the bus! Jebal! Hajima! ________-ah!”

 I think I must be hallucinating. I thought I heard someone calling my name, but well buses don’t wait right, got to go.

DH: “Stop the bus! ________-ah! Stop the bus! ________-ah! ________-ah!” *chasing and banging at the bus*

I was right. Someone did call my name. It was Donghae oppa. When the bus stopped, he came up, pulls me down from the bus and hug me tightly. What exactly is happening?

DH: “________-ah, mianhe. I shouldn’t have shouted at you the other day. Mianhe for forgetting you. Mianhe for breaking the promise. Jeongmal mianhe. I remembered everything now. Umma, the tree, the bracelet and most importantly, you.”

Tears are falling from my eyes. I can’t believe what I’ve just heard. Donghae oppa is back. My Donghae oppa is back.

DH: “________-ah, don’t cry. Mianhae, jeongmal mianhe. Forgives me.”

You: “Gwanchana oppa. Good to have you back. You fulfill your promise.”

With that, we share our first kiss.