gets into a cab only to find someone else already inside AU

AU drabbles

Tao was waiting on the busy sidewalk, waving for a cab. Tao was one of those guys who bikes everywhere. (he didn't think cars were worth the fuss). And of course it had to snow today. it was not the light dusting to warn the people to bundle up later, no. The snow fell heavy and thick, like a damp blanket over everyone’s heads. The wind picked up, causing Tao to shiver (if only he had thought ahead and worn his peacoat today). He began waving his arm more rapidly than before, and it payed off. A yellow taxi cab pulled up next to the young man, stopping with a slight squelch. Tao hurriedly opened the door, to see it was already occupied. 
Sorry about that, I’ll be going!” he said, feeling his face growing more and more flushed by the second.
“Hey, you can ride with me, I’m not in a hurry. I did request the driver pull over for you, anyways you look cold” The stranger in the taxi said as beckoned Tao back.
‘Thanks… Ummm where are you going? I don't want to bother you if we’re going different directions.” Tao said as he got in the vehicle, not feeling completely confident in the situation. 
“Like I said, I’m not in a hurry. But I’m going a few blocks north and west. You?” The young man asked. The stranger who Tao noticed seemed actually quite chic.
‘I’m going north. and east.” 
“Well that settles that. TAXI MAN! NORTH WE SHALL GO!” The man yelled in a way that reminded Tao of his old friend, Baekhyun. It was very superfluous and even included hand movements, much to Tao’s amusement. maybe the man wasn't so chic after all.
“So, what are you doing on the streets in the snow, dressed lightly, hailing a taxi as if your life depended on it?” The man asked, breaking Tao out of his reverie. 
“Oh! I don’t believe in cars, and its too cold and slushy to bike.” Tao answered, trying to sound casual, and not at all startled (which he was).
“You don’t believe in cars?” the man asked, smirking, “Do you think we’re magically floating around or something?” 
“No! I don’t think the greenhouse gases are worth it. plus, biking is cheaper.” Tao responded, the last fragment of his answer a mere murmur. The man burst out laughing. Apparently Tao said the last part a bit louder than he meant to. 
“ANYWAYS Mr. Cool yet boisterous, why are you taking a cab? you seem like the type to own a Maserati or something.” Tao smugly retorted.
“What? Oh my god no. I work at Starbucks. and Menchies. and Borders. I’m taking the cab cause my ty beetle seized.” The man said, blushing.
“are you serious??? you seem like the snarky entrepreneur type, not working 3 jobs kind of guy. you dress well for a barista.” Tao smiled.
“What is that supposed to mean???” the man responded. Before Tao could reply though…
“Which way do you want me to go now?” The cab driver asked.
“Go east, taxi man. Well now stranger, I shall take my leave, but before I do, may I have a name?” The ma asked, scribbling something down on the back of a faded reciept.
“Oh. I’m Tao! and you are?” Tao said as he looked back at his new acquaintance, but there was nobody there, only a slip of paper.

the paper contained an address (later found out to be a Starbucks) and a note.   
Come by here tomorrow between 12 and 6. ask for Kris ;D