Jongin

Heaven

 


Chapter:


I never saw it coming. I couldn't comprehend what was happening, one minute I had been in my car on my way home from work. In the next I felt as something heavy smashed the side of my car and it flipped. It slammed against the ground and continued on rolling.

Now here I hang upside down whilst still in my seat; my seatbelt refusing to be undone. I feel as blood trickles down my head and drips forming a puddle on the roof of the car. I hear shouts and screams as people frantically try to help me out of my car which is now a wreckage.

The screams diminish into distant sounds as my head begins to throb. It hurts so much, all I want to do it sleep. I hear someone yell out "DIAL 911!" then I blank out.



***

 

I open my eyes, I don't remember entering into this white room. The windows are closed and barely any light is being let into the room. Where am I?

In the centre of the room stands a  bed, the curtains are drawn around it thus I can't see if anyone is in the room with me. Apart from the bed the room in completely unfurnished.
As I continue on observing the room I realise that it is a hospital room. Why am I in a hospital?

I cautiously take steps towards the bed and hesitate each time. Do I really want to see what is behind the curtain? Do I really? Slowly I am getting closer and closer towards the bed, however my gut feeling is telling me with each step I take that I should stop there, turn around and leave. But curiosity gets the better of me and I finally reach the edge of the curtain.

I take deep breaths and grasp the curtain firmly with both my hands. Swiftly I pull them back and I am left feeling completely aghast.

Suddenly at that moment I hear someone come runnning into the room. "JONGIN!" they scream out. I would know that voice anywhere, its Ailee. I turn to greet her and she runs straight for me. What I saw on the bed must be someone else or I must be dreaming. Ailee must have come looking for me worried that I had gotten lost or something.

I open my arms and she comes running straight towards me with tears running down her face. I want to embrace and carress her, just to tell her that everything is okay. She reaches me but instead of meeting my arms she runs straight through me. I stand there completely flabbergasted. What just happened? Did Ailee just run straight through me? No, I must be dreaming.

I turn back to the bed and see Ailee holding a hand. She is crying and her head is bent over the person in the bed. She is crying straight over me whilst holding my hand.

The person in the bed is me, Jongin. But that can't be right I'm standing right here. I try to re-call my last memory and then it hits me. I was in a car accident, someone called 911 and they must have been able to rescue me from the car and then take me to the hospital.

Did this mean that I was like a ghost? So what was wrong with my real body then?

A doctor came walking into the room and laid a hand on Ailee's shoulder. That doctor was one of our closest friends; he had graduated high school and college with us. Back then we had been three best friends but ever since Ailee and I started dating we've been seeing him less.

Ailee got up and ran into his arms "Yixing please tell me he'll be ok."

"I'm sorry but you can't be here right now. I know how upset you must be-"

"No you don't!" Ailee screamed back. "You have no idea how upset I am. Jongin was my everything. Without him I'm nothing." Her words at the end were mixed in with sobs. Seeing Ailee this upset made me feel terrible.

"I know, I understand. I was there with you guys the whole time; I understand how you feel about each other.  Just because we were friends before I'll tell you this," Yixing said.

"What, what is it?"

"Jonging suffered severe brain damage. Right now he is in a coma and we're not sure if he's going to wake up at all. He may, but that would take a miracle."

Ailee looked as if she was completely lost for words. More tears built in her eyes and they formed a steady stream as they rolled down her face. I walked towards her and embraced her. Despite the fact that she couldn't feel it and I couldn't touch her it somehow felt re-assuring to know how much she cared about me.

"Lies," she muttered. "He'll wake up I know he will and until he does I refuse to leave his side." Ailee walked over to a chair and sat down simply staring off into the distance lost in thought.

Yixing sighed "listen Ailee please at least if your going to say go home, get a good rest and pack some clothes you'll need them." Ailee sat there pounting as she considered what Yixing has said.

"Fine then," she said in defeat. "But I'll be back in the morning."

"I understand and I won't stop you when you do." Yixing gave a small smile.

In defeat Ailee got up from the chair and with a last glance at my body she exited the room leaving me along with Yixing.

I was happy that Ailee wanted to stay here with my body but I knew that sooner or later she would have to leave. The sooner that she left the less it would hurt.

Yixing walked up to the edge of my bed and grabbed hold of my hand. "Why Jongin, why did this have to happen to you?"

"How would I know?" I replied back even though I knew that he couldn't hear me.

"Exactly you wouldn't know." For a moment I stood there confused; did he just answer me.

Yixing let go of my hand and walked over to stand right infront of me; well where the ghost me was. "Don't freak out and yes I can see you."

Well that was something I completely didn't expect. How the hell could he see me, wasn't I a ghost. "How?" I asked.

"I'm a clairvoyant meaning that I have the ability to percieve events in the future or anything beyond normal sensory contact. Right now my friend you are a ghost or a mere fragment of yourself that has escaped from your mind and was let into the real world.

For a while an awkward silence hung inbetween the two of us; neither of us knew what to say. "I know you still like Ailee." I had to get this topic out and since he couldn't touch me whilst I was in this form I figured it best to get it over and done with now.

Yixing sighed heavily "do we really have to talk about this right now?"

"Yes. I know you like her but I was never mad at you; who even told you that in the first place?"

Yixing was at a complete lost for words. He knew that if he told Jongin the person's name that he would never believe him but Jongin refused to give up until he found the person who had ruined their friendship.

"It was *****" Yixing whispered. He was right I didn't believe him; he was just making things up.

"Finally we can agree on something Yixing; that I don't believe what you just said is true."

"I told you that you wouldn't believe me." Yixing said as he turned around and walked out of the room. Despite the fact that I was sure that what he was telling me was a lie; a small part of me was saying that it was true.

 


2 YEARS LATER

 


The doorbell rung sending a loud echo through the house. "Coming! Just give me a sec." Ailee called out. She hurriedly applied the finishing touches to her make-up then went to open the door. There stood Jongdae holding a bouquet of flowers and a teddy bear. The flowers were Baby's breath and Rose's, Ailee's favourites.

"Happy 1 year anniversay," Jongdae said with a massive grin on his face. Ailee loved how he was always so goofy and how she could be herself around him.

"Thank you so much," she replied with a smile. She took hold of the flowers and teddy bear then turned around and walked off to place them down somewhere. "Feel free to make yourself at home." Jongdae stepped into her apartment and took a seat on her couch.

*

It's already been one year since she left my side. I was right she wouldn't be able to stay by me forever however I was surprised that she had stayed for an entire year. I sit there on the couch next to Jongdae and observe him.

He's a nice enough guy, I know that he's been treating Ailee well and as long as she's happy I'm happy. Somehow there's a part of me that recognizes Jongdae. I feel like I've known him or seen him at least once before; but I can't remember.

I watch him as he leans over the the shelves and pulls out an album. That album is full of photos of me and Ailee together. Everywhere that we've went and where we wanted to go. Jongdae is continuously flipping through the pages all the whilst smiling.

Ailee enters back into the room with her clutch bag in one hand and a cardigan in another. "Ready," she asks.

"Yea I was just looking through the photo book of you and Jongin. You two looked so happy together."

"We were." Ailee said giving a small but sad smile. "Well we better head off or we'll miss the bus." At that Ailee stood up and head towards the door. Jongdae returned the album to its original place and went to join her. The door shut with a click and I was alone again.

I decided to return back and check on how my body was doing. It had been awhile since I had seen it.

*

Ailee returned back into the house. Today had been great she hadn't seen Jongdae in ages and it had been good to catch up with him. She sighed as she walked over and sat on the couch. It hadn't been easy for her to move on from Jongin. There would always be one part of her that would never stop caring about him.

She the tv and began watching videos that Jongin had recorded of the two of them. For now just seeing him in those small clips was enough. She missed him badly but she also managed to laugh during the clips. All the random and embarrasing stuff that they had once done together had been so much fun.

By 8 o'clock it was time for her to have dinner. Rays of orange sunset were let into her room through the window making a dim atmosphere. Whilst eating Ailee continued watching the clips not wanting to have to eat in silence. Silence meant that she would think too much and she didn't want to think.

After eating she took a quick shower and went to her mini bookshelf to read a novel before bed. At the moment she was reading one of those classic fairytales where the prince rescues the princess and they fall in love. It was cliched but Ailee enjoyed many cliched books. They reminded her of what Jongin had done for her in the past.

Pictures of them at theme parks, around the world and just everyday outings. Each picture held a memory that Ailee treasured. By now it was midnight and Ailee knew that she should sleep. So she got ready for bed as she took a bath, brushed her teeth, washed her face and changed into her pj's.
As she lay in bed as she did every night she felt lonely, not having someone to sleep with and comfort her during long and cold nights.

 

Ailee awoke to the sound of someone knocking on the door. It was almost inaudible but just loud enough for her to hear. She climbed out of bed, wrapped her bathrobe around herself and put on her slippers. She slowly dragged herself towards the door and peeked through the peekhole; there was someone standing there.

Ailee undid the lock pads and opened the door slightly just too see who was there. She almost fainted at the sight of the person she couldn't believe it. She pulled the door fully open and ran into the man's arms.

"You're awake!" she screamed with joy. The man stood there confused at to what had just happened.

"Are you the one that lives at this address here?" the man asked holding up a piece of crumpled paper with an address typed onto it.

"Yes, but I can't believe that you're awake. I left that address next to you bed so that you would know where to find me. Jongin I've missed you so much." Slowly and steadily tears rolled down Ailee's cheeks. She felt like a miracle had just happened.

"I missed you too. . . I guess." Ailee stared worriedly up into Jongin's eyes. Something didn't seem right about him.

"What do you mean you guess?"

"I mean . . . . who are you?"

 

***

 

(WHEN JONGIN WENT BACK TO THE HOSPITAL)


I entered back into the room the had I entered so many times before; room 88. There in the room was Yixing; everytime that I had some back to visit he had always been there.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey," he replied back.

"Listen, two years ago I know now what you said was true."

"What was true?" Yixing was confused at to what Jongin was talking about completely. Did he really expect for him to remember a conversation that thye had had two years ago.

"That Ailee was the one who told you that I hated you," Jongin was truly sorry. He had let their friendship get ruined by one girl. "I'm sorry that I didn't believe you back then, I was blinded by love. But it was true that even back then something was telling me that what you were saying was true and I just wanted to be selfish. I'm really sorry man."

"Don't worry about it. We've both moved on from her and she's moved on from us. I guess it's just you and me now."

"Just the two of us just like how it used to be when we first started off as friends. I'm sorry I let a girl into out group in the first place."

"Stop apologizing Jongin, not everything that happened was your fault. I fell in love with her too and she was the one who tricked me into believing that you hated me. If anything it's my fault as well; for being stupid enough to believe her."

"No i re-" all of a sudden Jonging heard this high pitched ringing sound. It pierced his ears and he fell to his knees whilst yelling out in pain.

"Jongin yah what's wrong? Jongin talk to me."

"I ca-" all of a sudden Jongin collapsed unconcious. Yixing had no idea what to do he couldn't touch Jongin because he was practically invisible. What to do?

Yixing hurried over and checked on Jongin's body; it was ice cold. The heart beat monitor began beeping slower and slower and Yixing knew that something was definetly wrong. Jongin was dying. "No Jongin your not going to die on me now. We just made up I won't let you leave me again. NURSE!" he screamed out.

A nurse hurriedly ran into the room and came to a stop at the sight of the heart monitor. "Bring the defibrillator and hurry!" The nurse hurriedly left the room and began screaming for other nurses to help Yixing and to find the defibrillator.  "Jongin can you hear me?!"

After a few moments a group of nurses came running into the room pushing a cart that held the defibrillator. "Set it to 60 volts!" Yixing yelled. "Hurry we've already lost him." the heart monitor was letting out a continuous beep that was telling him that his heart had stopped beating entirely.

It had been for two years that Yixing had been taking care of Jongin and he wasn't just about to let him leave.



_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Author Notes:

Yayy my first one-shot complete ^^ I hope you guys enjoyed the whole thing and I hope that the ending was okay. I'll also put up one bonus chapter after this of what happened when Jongin woke up from the hospital.

Again thank you so much for reading it :)   I hope to put up maybe a few more one-shots in the future but I also want to finish all the series that I've started.