I wouldn't be myself if I can't make you happy

Bittersweet sacrifice

"Jjong...." Jinki sat up from the bed and stood up, making his way towards the other side of the bedroom.

*Sobs*

Jinki sighed as he sat down on his dongsaeng's bed, who was leaning against the wall, hiding his face in his palm, crying his heart out.

"Ssh...Jjong, let me hug you." Jinki then moved closer to the younger male as he wrapped his hands around him, patting the back of crying dongsaeng to cool him down.

"Poor dongsaeng, you must've been really hurt..." Jinki closed his eyes tight, remembering how Jonghyun stormed his way into the dorm after they came back from the performance and locked himself in their shared room.

~Flashback~

"Jonghyun, can I talk to you awhile?" The manager signaled to Jonghyun before the performance started.

"Yeah, Hyung? What's up?" Jonghyun walked to the manager with a smile on his face.

"I'm sorry to say this, Jong. But I have to say it and I couldn't do anything about this.." Manager sighed as he stared at Jonghyun sorrowfully.

"What do you mean by that, Hyung?" Jonghyun raised his eyebrows, too surprised by the strange behaviors of the manager hyung all of the sudden.

"The company forbid you to meet with Sekyung in the future." he said.

Jonghyun was taken aback by the words, but he slowly registered them in his brain.

But all he could manage out of his mouth is a "Why?"

"The fans are too unhappy about it, Jong. They want you to stay single."

"Just because of they are unhappy? I need to break up with my lover?? Do you even know what kind of nonsense is that, Hyung??" Jonghyun raised his voice, but still minding his language in front of the manager.

"The fansite of SHINee is pratically full with complaints..saying that you should stay single and all...and the agency has to look into it because there were too much of people complaining about same reason, Jong. The agency will ban you from this relationship."

Jonghyun went silent, he has nothing to say, he loved Sekyung, but he loved his life as a singer, he loved his fans too. The only way is to give up Sekyung? He did not want to believe that this is the only solution.

What's wrong with him not being single?

This was the first ever time he got angry with his fans.

~ Flashback End ~

"Hyung, I lost her.....I chose my career upon her, Hyung. She'll be so angry and probably hate me by now..." Jonghyun cried on Jinki's shoulder, returning the hug of the elder.

"Jong, I am sure she'll understand you, don't cry..." Jinki tightened the hug, his lips placed on Jjong's neck.

"H-Hyung...." The tickling feeling near his neck made Jonghyun whined.

"I'll be always by your side, Jjong. I will make you feel better as the days pass by." Jinki mumbled near Jjong's ear, only loud enough for Jonghyun to hear.

"Hyung...you...." Jonghyun broke the hug and stared into Jinki's eyes, which showed him love, warmth and protectiveness of the leader towards him.

"Why..Why are you looking at me with such warm and loving eyes, Hyung?" He tried to part their body as far as possible.

"I know this is impossible, Jjong. I loved you since we first met. But when I got to know that you actually was in love with sekyung, I restrained all my feelings and careful not to bother you with my love." Jinki said everything in one go after taking a deep breath.

"You do????" Jonghyun blinked his eyes, his eyes stilling sparkling with tears.

Jinki was so shocked the reaction of Jonghyun because he did not expect such a reaction from the younger.

"Y-Yeah..." He just blurted out as he stared at Jjong strangely.

"Hyung......Can you wait?" Jonghyun asked, interwining his fingers with Jinki's.

"For?" Jinki was confused by the words, but he tightened the grip on Jong's hand.

"For me to get over Sekyung...and..." Jinki was astonished by the deep pink blush that formed on Jjong's cheeks because it's rare to see this kind of blush on Jonghyun's face.

Knowing what the younger was meaning, Jinki smiled, "I had waited for you all this time, Jjong. I don't think another odd years would kill me." Jinki chuckled, pulling Jong's for a light kiss but the younger pushed Jinki down on the bed and deepen the kiss..

After all, this night wasn't a worst night for Jonghyun but a night that let him start a new love life and refresh himself.

With this loving Jinki around him, there's no doubt that he could fall in love for another time in his life and have a happy life.