I Care

I Care

Taeyeon opened her eyes slowly as she took in the sights of her dark room. She looked to her left side when she noticed a silhouette sitting next to her.

“Hey…”      

“Hey,” Taeyeon replied. “How long have you been watching me?”

“Probably an hour or so.”

“You should have woken me up Yuri,” said Taeyeon as she closed her eyes.

Yuri reaches out and brushes Taeyeon’s hair to the side of her face. “I know I could have but it looked like you needed to rest your mind. You’ve been so down lately that I didn’t want to disturb you from your peace” Yuri explained.

Taeyeon opened her eyes and looked at Yuri before outstretching her arms. Yuri understood immediately and snuggled against the older woman, resting her head on Taeyeon’s small shoulder. After placing a kiss on the top of Yuri’s head, she held her close and began Yuri’s hair. No words needed to be exchanged for several long minutes. The warmth from their bodies enveloped them and soothed both of their minds. 

“Thank you Yuri. I’m really glad that you are there watching over me when I’m down,” whispered Taeyeon.

Smiling, Yuri leans closer and gives a lingering kiss on Taeyeon’s cheek. She whispered into Taeyeon’s ear “And I will forever watch over you.” Her head rests on the tiny shoulder and she closes her eyes as she can faintly hear Taeyeon’s heart beating. Returning the smile, Taeyeon holds Yuri a little closer and she goes back to sleep contently.