Breakfast in Bali

Drabbles on LJ

Title: Breakfast in Bali

Pairing: SeLu (slightly Luhan-centric)

Rating: PG-13 (more on the language rather than any sensitive content)

Genre: Fluff

Word Count: 1100~

Summary: Sometimes Luhan wonders to himself why he’s friends with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, and recently he’s been thinking about it even more as he sits alone at the hotel restaurant, bitterly chewing on burnt toast and gulping down lukewarm coffee at eight in the morning. Although, their lack of presence leaves an empty seat just waiting to be filled with the right piece of .


~
 

The toast scratches at the roof of his mouth, and Luhan openly grimaces, reaching for his cup of coffee. But instead of helping the situation, the bitter and tepid coffee just made him splutter and cough, a frown pulling at his face as he tries to get rid of the foul taste lingering on his tongue.

“So much for ‘the best breakfast a hotel can offer’,” he grumbles, but continues to force down the meal anyway, to prepare for the whole day of sightseeing that Baekhyun had prepared for their small group of three. “But I guess it was to be expected with the budget of three university students still on student loans,” he concedes, but it did nothing to brighten up his dampened mood.

 

One would have thought that the three of them would always be together since there’s so few of them, but no. Every single morning, Luhan would find himself alone (and sulking) at their breakfast table after Kyungsoo had vacated the restaurant. The same thing would happen every day, but Luhan still couldn’t get over his so-called best buds (okay, maybe he was overreacting slightly, but whatever).

 

“I need to real bad! I can’t risk having to do my business when we’re out and about,” declared Baekhyun, getting up awkwardly as he kept his legs together and hopped from foot to foot. “Soo, hurry up and give me the room keys!” he had practically shouted, and Luhan mentally facepalmed at the scene, keeping his gaze on a particularly interesting leaf (or whatever inanimate object was the closest, preferably in the opposite direction of Baekhyun).

“Chill, Baek.” Kyungsoo had glared at the older, who shrank under the sudden sternness. “I’ll go with you, I want to make sure we didn’t forget anything. You never know what we’ll need.” They got up slowly, staring at Luhan who had remained seated.

“I’m no done eating yet…” he mumbled, “it’s not my fault you guys wolf down your food like a pack of hungry animals.”

“It’s not our fault you’re just a slow eater, grandpa,” retorted Baekhyun, who would then begin pestering Kyungsoo to hurry up.

“Well then, you finish eating and we’ll meet you down at the lobby in about fifteen minutes,” Kyungsoo arranges, walking away with Baekhyun in tow before Luhan can swallow down the cardboard he’d been chewing for the past five minutes to protest.

 

And that’s how he ends up sitting like a loner every morning, glaring so hard at the poor plate of food in front of him that it probably would have run away if it had legs.

“It’s not my fault I eat slowly. I don’t get how they can swallow you, you piece of cardboard. And gulping down your bitterness, you’re not even hot like proper roast coffee from Starbucks--” Luhan stops the quiet muttering under his breath, his fork stilling after pushing the food around the plate lazily. He swears, almost throwing the fork down. “Oh great. Now I’m talking to the crappy food.”

 

“Well, maybe I’d make for better company.” Luhan lets out a squeal (that was definitely manly) at the sudden voice that made its way to his ears. It was a sultry baritone (who can even pull off such a seductive husky voice this early in the morning?) that belonged to no-one he knew, especially not the two idiots who had left him earlier. So Luhan blurted out the only thing that came to mind.

“Oh my god. Now the food’s talking back to me.” At his statement, a hearty chuckle that sent butterflies to his stomache resonated. It was as if he was suddenly full, and Luhan looks up with wide eyes to see an absolute hottie smiling down at him, a plateful of fruit in his hands. “. I’m so embarrassed,” stammered Luhan, hiding his face in his hands. “Crap, oh my god, I’m still saying things out loud. Shut up, Luhan.” By now, his face is flaming, as red as a ripe cherry tomato.

 

“Well, Luhan, it’s a pleasure meeting you. I’m Sehun. Would you mind if I sat here?” A grin is stretched on the tall teen’s handsome face (even though he was attracted to the point of losing himself, there were tell-tale signs of youth coming from the stranger that made Luhan groan, not another young one to chase, he thinks to himself), and Luhan finds himself staring a little too long at the slightly tanned skin that glowed healthily under the morning sun that streamed in from the large windows. Sehun’s arms were exposed, a white vest with the famous ‘bintang’ circle logo plastered on the front of it hanging loosely on his wiry frame, and Luhan swears he saw a peek of s, or at least he’s hoping he did. The floral board shorts barely covered Sehun’s milky thighs (at least, that’s what Luhan imagines them to be) but stops at the knees to showcase the well-defined calves beneath them. Trying to tear his eyes away from the delectable sight, Luhan forces his head up to meet Sehun in the eyes. But what a big mistake that was.

 

Slightly damp bangs covered light blue eyes, which twinkled (he wasn’t sure if they really did, but at that moment, he saw a real life anime character in front of him) with amusement at Luhan’s prolonged silence. The teen coughs lightly, bringing Luhan out of his reverie. But instead of waiting for a proper response, he plops himself down in the seat opposite, making himself comfortable.

“So, what are your plans for today, Mr. Luhan?” asks Sehun, making light conversation despite Luhan not having said a single coherent thing. And right there and then, when Sehun continues to grin at him cheekily as he ate his own cardboard breakfast, Luhan finally finds it in his heart to love his friends unconditionally, no matter how much they ditched him.

 

If it means seeing hotties like this instead of a constantly constipated Baek and nagging Soo, I’m all in. He smiled to himself, leaning closer to the previously unknown stranger and propping his elbows on the table.

“So, what time should I meet you tomorrow?”