Mistaken Boyfriend

Mistaken Boyfriend

Sungmin felt that there was something different about Tablo today. Tablo had been silent for the most part of their date. There was a worried and nervous expression on his face. Sungmin asked if there was something wrong but Tablo would smile and say it was nothing.

“Excuse me. Do you know where I can find National Bookstore? I seem to be lost.” A foreigner, who spoke in English, asked Tablo.

“I don’t know. Sorry.” Tablo replied in English. Sungmin noticed that even the way Tablo spoke in English was quite different. There was also a hesitant tone in his voice.

Sungmin may not be fluent in English but he knew enough to be able to understand the short conversation. “Why did you lie to the foreigner? You always go to National Bookstore to buy books and school supplies.”

“I just find it a bother.” Tablo replied with a shrug.

Now Sungmin became really suspicious. Tablo had always been kind and helpful to foreigners. “What’s wrong with you? You don’t seem to be your usual self.”

“Maybe because I’m not Tablo.”

“What?”

“I…I’m Eunhyuk.” There was an expression of guilt of Eunhyuk’s face. “It’s not just today. We’ve dated a few times before too.”

Sungmin gasped. He did not want to believe that there was actually a Tablo-look-alike that goes by the name of Eunhyuk. Not to mention, he actually dated with a stranger when he thought that it was his boyfriend. That would also mean that he had kissed and had with Eunhyuk a few times before.

“It was all Tablo’s idea. I really don’t know why but I decided to go through with it because he’s paying me and I needed the money.” Eunhyuk still had more to explain but he couldn’t continue after receiving a punch on the face by Sungmin.

“Was it fun to fool me around? Do you have any idea how I feel right now knowing I dated and slept with a stranger like you?!?!” Sungmin’s shoulders and fists were shaking out of anger. “It would have sounded better if you said you decided to do it because you’ve liked me for a long time but that’s not it. You’re actually just doing all these for the sake of money!!! You…you…” He couldn’t talk anymore. He was already having a hard time breathing from all the crying.

Eunhyuk hugged Sungmin, who fought back and tried to escape from the hug but Eunhyuk remained on his spot. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” Eunhyuk kept on whispering those words against Sungmin’s ear.

After a while, Sungmin stopped struggling and crying. “Please let go of me.” He managed to say calmly. After being released from the hug, Sungmin looked at Eunhyuk straight on the eyes. “You don’t care that you might actually hurt a person’s feelings. All you care about is the money you’re receiving from Tablo. You have no heart!!! I hate you!!! I don‘t want to see you ever again!!!”

Eunhyuk could only watch as Sungmin ran away from him. He wanted to explain. He had so much to say. But most of all, he wanted to tell Sungmin that he loved him. “At first, I was only doing it for the money but along the way, I fell for him. But even if I said these words in front of him, I’m sure he wouldn’t believe me because I lied too much to him.” He told himself as he made his way towards his home.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“I’m home!” Tablo announced as he arrived in the apartment that he was sharing with Sungmin.

“How could you do this to me?!?!” Sungmin threw a vase at Tablo’s direction.

Tablo had to dodge it. “Babe, what’s wrong?” He was surprise to see a very angry Sungmin.

“What’s wrong!?!? Everything is wrong!!! How could you allow a stranger to date and me?!?! You’re even paying him to do that!!! Why?!?!” Sungmin’s hand reached for another vase. He was very ready to throw it.

“Sungmin, please put down that vase. It came from China and it’s very expensive.”

“So you actually care more about this vase than me!?!?!? Then you can have this vase!!!” Sungmin said angrily as he threw it again at Tablo’s direction, who barely caught it. “You’re actually seeing someone else, aren’t you? That’s why you can’t show up in some of our dates. That’s why you’re paying Eunhyuk to be with me instead.”

“Yes.” Sungmin was surprise that Tablo didn’t even try to deny the fact. “But you know what? You’re at fault too for not recognizing Eunhyuk as a different person. It’s either you don’t love me as much as you think or Eunhyuk is a very good actor.”

“You didn’t only cheat on me but you actually paid someone to trick me. Why do you have to do all that? Why couldn’t you just break up with me like what normal boyfriends would do?” Sungmin asked as he managed to calm himself.

“I did break up with you a lot of times before but you always think of it as a joke and act as if nothing happened. Then one time that you actually thought it was serious, you cried so much and begged for us to be back together. I pitied you so I went back into a relationship with you. That’s why I did this!!! I was hoping you would feel guilty for sleeping with someone who you’ve mistaken as me. I was hoping you would feel so bad that you wouldn’t be able to face me but heck, you even have the guts to be mad at me. Why can’t it get through your head that I DON’T LOVE YOU!!! I haven’t loved you for a long time!!!” Tablo’s chest was heaving after his emotional outburst.

Sungmin was crying again. He knew that Tablo didn’t love him anymore and haven’t loved him for a long time already but he denied it. He blinded himself from it because he was too in love with Tablo. But now, Tablo had managed to hurt him. He can’t fool himself to think that they’re still a loving couple, not anymore. “You’re right. I’m sorry.” Sungmin sobbed.

“I’m sorry too. I didn’t want to hurt you like this but it’s the only way to let you realize that I don’t love you anymore.” Tablo moved forward to comfort Sungmin.

But Sungmin stepped away. “I…I’ll pack my stuff. I’ll leave the apartment.” He hastily went to his room and started packing his stuff in the suitcase. In less than an hour, Sungmin finished packing and dragged his suitcase towards the exit.

“Sungmin, I didn’t wish for our relationship to end this way but I do hope we would still remain friends.” Tablo said sincerely. Sungmin didn’t say anything because he doesn’t know if he will be able to remain friends with Tablo. Everything just hurts too much right now. “And before you go, there’s something else that you need to know about Eunhyuk.”

“I don’t need to know anything about him!!!” Sungmin snapped. Just hearing Eunhyuk’s name was enough to make his blood boil. He really hated the person for doing this to him. How could someone be so cruel as to play with his feelings and have with him in exchange for money?!?!

“Just listen first, okay?!?! Eunhyuk comes from a poor family with 5 younger siblings and dead parents. As the eldest, he had to work hard. He works from Mondays to Sundays with decent and honest jobs but those kinds of jobs only have small pay and not enough to support the education, food and other necessities of his younger siblings. He can’t have any higher-paying jobs because he only managed to graduate elementary so there’s nothing much he could do about that. Then I came into the picture. I’m rich and able to pay him three times than the pay of his jobs combined. Because of the ‘job’ I’ve given him, he doesn’t have to work so hard anymore and he could support his siblings better than before. He did it for the love of his family. Believe me, he didn’t want to do this to you. It’s me who convinced him to take the job so please don’t be mad at him. If there’s anyone you should be mad at, it’s me.”

(A/N: Give Tablo a breather. He spoke too much >.>)

“I am mad at the both of you but I guess I owe Eunhyuk an apology because I said the wrong things towards him. Goodbye, Tablo.” Sungmin said with finality as he yanked his suitcase out of the apartment. It looked like he had a hard time carrying a lot of bags but Tablo had a feeling that Sungmin doesn’t want any help from him so he didn’t bother to offer help and simply watched Sungmin struggling a bit until he finally got in a cab.

Sungmin’s parents were surprised that Sungmin suddenly came home and decided to leave with them for a while but his parents didn’t question him because they already had an idea of what probably happened to their son. Sungmin was quick in unpacking his stuff and busied himself by decorating his room. He left all Tablo-related stuff at the apartment. At least, that’s what he thought until he realized that he was still wearing the ring that Tablo gave him. No, it was not Tablo but Eunhyuk, who actually gave it to him.

Sungmin took the ring out from his finger. I love you. It was engraved at the outer surface of the ring. Sungmin snorted as he thought that the ring was probably just a part of the props for the act. It’s nothing but a lie. He was about to throw it away when he noticed something else.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Two days later, Sungmin found himself walking on unfamiliar streets. “Excuse me. Do you happen to know where Lee Eunhyuk lives?” He asked a person nearby.

“Ah that enthusiastic young lad! Just turn left on the corner.” The old lady replied.

“Thank you.” Sungmin replied gratefully and bowed respectfully before walking towards his destination. When he turned left, he saw a lot of shabby houses lined up. He was about to approach another person again to ask when a child suddenly bumped to him. The little child lost his balance. His landed on the ground and he started to cry. “Oh gosh, are you okay?” He kneeled down as he helped the child stand up.

“Kyuhyun, why are you such a naughty child?!?! How many times do I have to tell you that you’re not allowed to go out of the house without me or Shindong to supervise you!?!?” The child only cried some more and tried to hide himself inside Sungmin’s jacket. Sungmin looked up to see who was scolding the child. “Eunhyuk, are you this child’s brother?” Sungmin asked.

Eunhyuk froze when he saw that it was Sungmin who his younger brother bumped into. “Kyuhyun, let’s go back to the house.” He decided to ignore Sungmin.

“No. I want to play outside.” Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk’s 5 years-old brother, said stubbornly.

“Fine! If you want to play outside, then stay outside and don’t even think of coming back to the house because I won’t give you dinner or let you sleep in the house tonight!!!“ Kyuhyun started to cry again at Eunhyuk’s harsh words but he released his grip on Sungmin’s jacket and started to approach Eunhyuk.

“How can you say that to a child?!?! That’s harsh!!!” Sungmin said, not approving of the way Eunhyuk was handling the child.

“I know what I’m doing.” Eunhyuk said as he yanked Kyuhyun by the arm and brought him back to their house.

Sungmin was about to follow Eunhyuk but he suddenly heard another child talk. “Eunhyuk-hyung has to be strict so that he could discipline his younger brothers properly. Besides, as his younger brothers, we all know that Eunhyuk loves us and does everything for us. He’s probably just in a bad mood right now to actually go that far on being harsh. Oh and my name is Eeteuk, 13 years old. I’m the 2nd eldest among the siblings.” Eeteuk took a good look at Sungmin from head to toe. “You must be Sungmin.”

“How’d you know? Does he talk about me?” Sungmin asked.

Eeteuk shook his head sideways. “He never told us about you. It was just a few days ago that he got home drunk. It was the first time we saw him drunk. He was so miserable and he kept on saying ‘I’m sorry, Sungmin.’ and ‘I love you, Sungmin’ and also ‘Please forgive me.’ We have no idea what he is talking about. We tried to ask the next day but he ignored it. Then everything was back to normal…or at least close to normal. We could tell that Eunhyuk-hyung has been depressed and easily gets into a bad mood since that day. I don’t know what’s up between the two of you but I do hope you’ll fix it and make Eunhyuk-hyung happy again. Follow me.” Eeteuk lead Sungmin to the house.

“Eunhyuk-hyung, someone wants to see you!!!” Eeteuk said cheerfully as he entered the small, shabby house.

“I believe the last thing I heard from him is ‘I don’t want to see you ever again’ so I don’t think there’s someone who actually wants to see me right now.” Eunhyuk said as he stirred the soup. He was currently busy cooking.

“Is Eunhyuk-hyung sulking?” A chubby kid asked.

“Sure sounds like it!!!” An enthusiastic kid replied.

The stirring rod was suddenly yanked away from Eunhyuk and Eunhyuk was suddenly pushed towards the door. “Don’t worry about cooking. Ryeowook can take over.” Eeteuk said as he successfully pushed Eunhyuk outside the house to face Sungmin.

“Sly brat.” Eunhyuk mumbled before facing Sungmin. “What do you want?”

Sungmin flinched at Eunhyuk’s cold tone. He never thought Eunhyuk would be capable of being strict and acting cold because he was a completely different person when they were dating. But then again, Eunhyuk was simply pretending to be Tablo so of course, he had to act nice.

“There’s something I want to know about the ring.” Sungmin opened his hand to show the ring sitting innocently on his palm. “I was about to throw this away. I don’t believe on the words engraved on the outer part of the ring but then I noticed this.” He slanted the ring a bit. There was actually something small engraved in the inner part of the ring. It was very small that it would be easily missed if not being stared at hard enough. E ♥ S.

“I think Tablo’s English name was Eric or something…”

“You’ve lied to me too much already. Don’t you think I deserve the truth?”

“Eunhyuk loves Sungmin.” Eunhyuk stared straight to Sungmin’s eyes. “And that’s the truth. This ring is not like the other accessories that I gave to you which actually came from Tablo and bought by his money. This ring was bought with my own money and I got it engraved. As you can see, the ring is just rather simple. I can’t afford anything expensive. But it’s the thought that counts right?”

“I see. That’s all I wanted to know.” Sungmin turned and started to walk away.

“And you’re just going to leave like that?” Eunhyuk asked.

“What do you expect me to say?” Sungmin paused from walking. “That I love you too? That it was you who I loved all along and not Tablo?”

“Of course not. I may look like Tablo but I’m nothing like him. I’m poor, untalented, unintelligent and whatever else you can add to the list. There’s no way you’d fall for me.” Eunhyuk said bitterly. “And even if you do love me back, we still can’t be together anyway because I have to take care of my siblings and would simply have no time for love life so I hope you’ll find someone honest that could love you whole heartedly and bring you happiness. Someone that Tablo and I could never be.”

Sungmin turned around to face Eunhyuk again. “I could tell that you’re a good person, Eunhyuk. I wish life would treat you better and that you’ll find someone suitable for you. The next time we see each other. Let’s forget about the past and be on better terms. That is…if we see each other again. Goodbye.”

Eunhyuk could only watch Sungmin walk away. “I love you. Goodbye.”

THE END

A/N: Omigosh!!! I made it angst T_T This is suppose to be for Eunmin fans who were disappointed that Eunmin didn’t end up together in Different Guys Series but then they’re not ending up together here too @_@;;;

Gotcha!!! Hahahahaha!!! Not exactly the end yet ^_^

Me and my drama….really….>.> here’s the continuation~

A year passed by.

Eunhyuk started to open up the mails he received one by one. Most of it were bills and one was an offer of scholarship for one of his siblings. He wished to receive more good news than bills. His wish sort of came true in a form of a small white envelope. He opened the envelope and a ring dropped by it. I love you. It was engraved on the outer part. He thought Sungmin must have decided to give him back the ring but when he looked at the inner part of the ring. S ♥ E. 

He was pretty sure that the ring he gave to Sungmin was E ♥ S. He took out a small piece of paper from the envelope. He recognized it as Sungmin’s handwriting.

You lied to me about your identity but you loved me honestly. That’s enough for me to fall for you. Let’s give each other a chance and start all over again.

He wanted to go and look for Sungmin but Sungmin already moved out from the apartment that was being shared with Tablo. He doesn’t have any idea where Sungmin lives now.

“Eunhyuk-hyung. Someone wants to see you.” Eeteuk said before leaving the guest to Eunhyuk.

“Sungmin, are you serious?” Eunhyuk was still holding the letter in his hand and the ring in his other hand. “Although this makes me happy, you know that I prioritize work and my siblings.”

“I know and I should prioritize my studies too over my boyfriend.” Sungmin smiled. He took the ring from Eunhyuk’s hand and slipped it on Eunhyuk’s finger.

Eunhyuk felt as if his heart would burst out from happiness. As soon as the ring was placed properly on his finger, he moved to hug Sungmin tightly. “Thank you for giving me a chance.”

“I tried to move on. I went out and dated others but I never felt the love that I got to experience with you. I met one person who was honest, talented, rich, intelligent and most of all, very much in love with me. He’s exactly my ideal type, exactly what I wanted but I couldn’t love him back. He suddenly asked who gave this ring to me. That’s when I realized that I’ve been wearing the ring you’ve given to me the entire time. I guess deep inside, unconsciously, I was already loving you. That’s why I couldn’t bring myself to fall for others. Being with you right now, simply confirms it.” Sungmin moved Eunhyuk’s hand to be placed on his rapid, beating heart as he moved his head to be able to kiss Eunhyuk properly.

The kiss was filled with longing and desire to be with each other after being apart for so long. “I’m sorry that you did not end up with you ideal type and ended up with someone like me instead.”

Sungmin laughed. Really, Eunhyuk even bothered to apologize about that. “Idiot.” He pulled Eunhyuk for another kiss. They do say that people don’t end up with their ideal type.

REAL END

A/N: Whew! It was hard for me to write the happy ending @_@;; And really, why do the characters here are all blabbermouths?!?! They talk too much >.<;;; I had a hard time writing what they have to say.  Comments please?  This is really long and unedited so forgive me for any mistakes @_@