1.

Cupid's love life

-Unbeta'd-

 

•••A Cupid's life•••



Kim Minseok is everyone’s love bridge and messenger. He doesn’t know why and how that happened, but it just – it just happened.

It started with his brother, Kim Joonmyun and his close friend in the dance team in the university, Yixing. When Minseok forgot to bring his extra clothes, since he needs to practice that time together with Yixing for the opening ceremony for the university’s fun fair, he asked Joonmyun to bring it to him at the dance studio near the Fine Arts department.

When Joonmyun finally got there, he was expecting Minseok to greet him but it was Yixing. Minseok was too busy with his stretching that minute and he asked for Yixing to get it for him. Joonmyun blushed so hard when he saw Yixing.

“Uhm… Is Minseok h-hyung inside?”

Then Yixing smiles, showing his cute dimples on the sides of his cheeks, which Joonmyun find it so cute, says,

 “Ah! So you’re Minseok-hyung’s younger brother?”

and Joonmyun shyly nods, Yixing finds Joonmyun so adorable so he ruffles his hair, which made the latter blush madly.

“A-ahm.. Please give this to him!” Joonmyun shook his head while giving the bag with Minseok’s clothes in it. Which Yixing took gladly, and their fingers slightly brush at each other making the both of them blush more.

“I- I think I better go.” Joonmyun bows as he walks fast away from the dance studio.

“Hey!” Yixing calls him, which made him stop and look at Yixing.

“I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Yixing!”

“J-Joonmyun-imnida.” he bows

“See you around?” he asked, and Joonmyun nods furiously and walks out.

Minseok who’s saw everything from the mirror smiles and stands up when Yixing got inside on the dance studio and gave him his bag.

“So?” Minseok questions, with a teasing tone.

“What is it hyung?” Yixing asked, he doesn’t know what Minseok is talking about. Well, he knew but he’s just playing around.

“You and my brother huh?”

“I’m just being friendly!”

“Friendly my . I know you too well Zhang Yixing!” he ruffles the younger lad’s hair and give him slap on the .

“Ya!”

“Don’t worry, my brother is single. He just broke up with his 2nd boyfriend last year. You can court him if you want to.” he says as he looks for the song that they’ll use for the opening.

“R-really?”

“I don’t see why you can’t court him. I mean you’re handsome, friendly, and smart. Although you have some short-term memory and you always forgot other things. So yeah, why not?” he smiles and clicks the play button.

“Let’s practice shall we?”

 

After their usual 3-hours of practice, they rested for a bit more before going home. Yixing would ask about Joonmyun. Like, ‘what’s his favorite color?’, ‘how Joonmyun and his ex did break up?’, ‘what’s his favorite dessert?’, ‘does he like flowers?’, and ‘what are his hobbies’ and so on. Minseok happily answered Yixing’s questions. And he even suggested some dating tips on Yixing. Like,

You should take him to the library. He really likes to read. You guys could stay at the back of the library, sit on the floor and you read the book that he really likes. Let him rest his head on your shoulder.”

Or

Take him to a quiet place, like the ones on the park or maybe the beach? And go on for a picnic and wait for the sunset. He really likes that.”

Yixing took note of them on his phone (not on his mind because he doesn’t trust it. He knows that he has this ‘short-term memory’).

When they are ready to go home, Minseok asked Yixing to have a night to his home. And start a move from there. To get to know Kim Joonmyun, which Yixing gladly accepts the offer, but.

“But hyung! I don’t have extra clothes.” he pouts.

“Your dorm is just a few blocks from here, so that won’t be a big deal.”

“Yehey! Let’s go then!”

 

Minseok called Joonmyun, while he’s waiting for Yixing to grab his things, which they’ll have some visitor and he’ll stay for a night.

“Please clean the extra room that we have there and oh! And ask mom to cook for more, since I have a visitor.”

Al’right. See you later hyung.”

Yixing is finally done grabbing his things and they went straight to Minseok and Joonmyun’s house.

Joonmyun opened the door for them, and he can’t help but to blushed.

“Hi Joonmyun!” Yixing greets, while showing his cute dimples.

“Uh… H-hi… Uh-m. Please! Come in! Feel at home.” he says as they went home.

“Ya! Kim Joonmyun! Aren’t you going to greet me?” Minseok pouts.

“Sor-ry hyung! he-he hee. Hi hyung!” Joonmyun stutters as he gets his brother’s things and place them at the living room.

After Yixing greets Mrs. Kim, Minseok and Joonmyun introduce Yixing to their youngest brother, Jongin whose busy reviewing for his college entrance exam tomorrow. After that they show them Yixing’s temporary room and Minseok left Joonmyun and Yixing alone. Minseok pokes Yixing on the ribs before telling that he needs to clean himself up, giving Yixing the queue to go have some actions on Joonmyun.

“I’ll just call you guys later when dinner’s ready. Joonmyun better entertain my guest ok?”

“M-me? Bu-but why me?!”

“Because I have to take a shower since I smell awful right now and I need to help mama in the kitchen.”

“U-uhm. Ok t-then.”

Minseok winks at Yixing and went out.  Minseok smiles as he left them and went to his room to take a shower. Yixing and Joonmyun got to know each other at that night and Minseok is pretty happy about it. After that night, Yixing asked Joonmyun to have lunch with him tomorrow, which the latter shyly accepts, the offer.

And every time that Minseok and Yixing would practice, Yixing would ask for more advice and tips for their date, which he answered without a doubt. And every week Yixing would ask Joonmyun to go out for a date and those dating ideas also came from Minseok.

After a month of dating and getting-to-each-other level to Yixing and Joonmyun, Yixing finally asked Joonmyun to be his lovely boyfriend, in front of thousands of students after their dance number for the opening ceremony. Joonmyun couldn’t help but to blush so hard and said his “yes!” to Yixing.

And that ‘will-you-be-my-boyfriend-proposal-in-front-of-many-people’ also came from Minseok.

Yixing and Joonmyun are still together for a year and a half right now. And Yixing would still seek for Minseok’s advice. Minseok also helped his younger brother, Jongin to his crush in the Music department and his General Psychology classmate, Kyungsoo. He also helped his diva-ish cousin Baekhyun to his crush, to his regular costumer at the café that he’s working at temporarily, Chanyeol. He also helped Kris, the owner of the café and also his block mate at some subjects on the university to their new employee Tao, the exchange student from China. And lastly, Luhan is best friend ever since Middle school and his partner for the university’s soccer team to their annoying neighbor and newly hired member on the dance team, Sehun.

 

Everyone is so thankful for Minseok’s love tips, advice and dating tips. But where the hell he got those ideas?

 

“Why is that most of you guys are asking me the same question like every minute! I can’t finish everything that I’m doing!!” he whines as he looks at his two dongsaengs, who are looking at him with judging eyes.

“WE ARE CURIOUS!!”

“For freak sake! A while ago, Yixing asked me that, then Kris, then Tao, then Baekhyun, then Sehun, then Chanyeol, then you guys-“ then his phone went of and look for the message that Luhan just sent. Saying,

To: Minseok

From: Luhan

For more than 5 years of being together, I was just wondering where the hell you get those tips?

The , Minseok raised his brow and continues to rant to his two brothers with a whining tune.

“And now, Luhan is asking me the same thing. Really? I’ll repeat what I’ve said before and this will be the last. I.REALLY.DONT.KNOW! IT JUST FREAKING WENT OUT FROM MY MIND!!!!” he huffs and the two J’s looked with wide eyes at their hyung’s rant.

“Happy now? Now go away or I’ll kick your !” the two gulps and went out immediately. Minseok sighs and stares back to his book.

Eh. it. I don’t have the mood to study anymore.’ he says through his mind and close the book on his study table.

Even if they live in the same roof for more than a decade, the two still doesn’t know what Minseok do when he’s all alone. He admits that he never had a special someone. He tried to ask the guy he likes, but he got dumped. He cried silently that time, but he doesn’t show it to his family. After that he promised to himself that he’ll never get himself a guy or a girl. Instead he end up reading romantic novels from the library that he secretly borrows, he would watch romantic-comedy movies and TV series from his personal laptop, he would watch anime and read manga that has the slice-of-life theme, and he would make some drabbles and one shot stories on his private journal. He ends up being slightly ‘hopeless romantic’.  At some point, he maybe not notice, but all of his ideas came up from those scenes on the book or the manga that he last read. Since his brothers killed his mood for studying. He grabs his laptop from his study table and clicks Google chrome and opens the incognito tab. He knew that when he’s not around his brother, Jongin would borrow his laptop when their mother grounds him for a week without a laptop and phone. He opens the usual sites that are full of anime and he searched for the show ‘Clannad’. He already watched the whole show for the third time now, and he just loved that show. It’s cute and sweet and he just loves the story! He’s on the episode 4 right now, and for some safety measures, before playing the whole show; he’ll copy the link, opens up MS Word and randomly types on it. So that when his brother or mother or father would come in, he can just close the tab, remove his earphones and opens up the MS word and pretend that he’s busy doing some things for school.

When the MS word is already set with some topics about this and that, he minimizes it and watched Clannad.

Aaaaaaaaand that’s what he always does when no one is around, or when he’s bored, or when someone already killed his mood for studying.

 

Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, Minseok works at Café de Seoul that Kris owns. Since he’s working part-time, he doesn’t know what’s really happening in the café. He doesn’t know that most of the couples that he helped would meet up every Tuesday and Thursday to make up a “perfect plan” for Minseok. And that plan is called ‘operation: get Minseok-hyung a boyfriend’.

That was Baekhyun’s idea. Which EVERYONE agrees, “Because he’s been single for almost 2 decades right now and HE NEEDS SOMEONE TO MAKE HIM FEEL LIKE A PRINCESS!” as Baekhyun demands on their first meeting. Chanyeol tries to calm down his boyfriend, which is hard and they up making out in front of everyone. Ergh.

They observe Minseok’s every single move from how he walks, how he talks… ok not that, but they try to ask some of Minseok’s closets friend like Dongwoo and Woohyun about Minseok.

“Does my brother tell you want he likes? For a person I mean?”

Dongwoo ponders, and Woohyun snaps his fingers, “I remember when I asked him that when we’re in high school.”

“Oh yeah!” Dongwoo says then he continues “Your brother doesn’t look for the looks.”

“ok?”

“He likes the person who’s caring enough for everyone, making him laugh, has the sense of humor and down-to-earth.”

“oh woah.” Jongin says as he takes notes of it through his phone.

“Anyway, why are you asking for it?”

Jongin scratched his nape and told them about their plan which the duo just nods and smiles at him.

“That’s pretty good. Don’t worry we won’t tell him. At least you guys are helping him to get rid of his past love life. Oops!”

“WOOHYUN!”

“What love life?”

“Uhmm..” they tried to make a alibi but in the end they end up telling it to Jongin. Luhan doesn’t even know it because when Luhan would know it, for sure there will be a huge trouble. Luhan is little bit of a war freak when it comes on hurting his friends. And it’s scary. But nothing beats when Minseok gets mad though.

 Anyway, Jongin got sad about it. He thanked the two and went to Café de Seoul to tell them what he had gathered and he also told them about Minseok’s past attempt on courting Choi Minho. Luhan gasp about it and slam his two hands hard on the table.

“What the hell! REALLY? Oh my god! WHY MINSEOK DIDN’T TELL ME THAT! I SHOULD HAVE KICKED THAT MINHO’S !”

“That –“ Jongin points at the angry Luhan “is the reason why he didn’t want to tell it to you. You’ll get mad and you’ll make a huge mess. You might get expelled for killing a student.” Luhan huffs angrily and crossed his arms while sitting down. Sehun tries to comfort his boyfriend, who’s still mad.

“Let’s forget about that, what’s more important is to find this guy who’s down-to-earth, making him laugh, has the sense of humor and a very caring person.” Joonmyun says as he sips his favorite espresso.

“Do you guys have any friends has these kind of personalities?” Yixing asked.

“I’m not sure.”

“Me either.”

“My friends are all in China.”

“Nope” with a pop on the ‘p’ as Sehun says.

“Hmmm…”

“I think I know one.”

And everyone looks at Kris, who’s hugging Tao; Kris is a very clingy person. And he wants Tao to sit on his lap and he want to hug Tao from the back, which the latter likes it too.

“Is he the one you’re talking about?” Tao asked and Kris nods.

“Hey! Stop whispering about it. We need to know it too! Who is he?”

“Is he tall?”

“Smart?”

“Cool as me?” then everyone looked at Chanyeol with a judging eyes for a second, then back to Kris.

“Has the sense of humor?”

“Friendly?”

“Ok stop with all the questions at the same time!!” Kris shouts, and then everyone shuts up.

He sighs before answering, “I’ve been thinking about it that maybe we could pair him up with my step-brother.”

“YOU HAVE A STEP-BROTHER?!” they questioned.

“SHUT UP FOR A WHILE AND LET ME FINISH YOU S!!”

Then everyone shut up again. “I swear to all myth gods I will kill you all if one of you would try to disturb me from telling everything that I have to say.” and with that they immediately zips their mouths and sits like a good kid.

“Thank you, so I was saying. I’ve been thinking lately if we could pair him up with my step-brother. Since my mom died 5 years ago, my dad met this Korean woman, who’s also a widowed and she has 2 kids. And my step-brother that I want to pair up with Minseok-hyung is Kim Jongdae. He’s 20 years old and he’s studying here too. He’s pretty down-to-earth, but very funny around his friends and family; and he has that great sense of humor. You’ll never get bored when you get to know him.”

And everyone was silent. Kris looked at them and sighs.

“Ok now you can ask me questions ONE BY ONE!”

“WHY THE HELL WE NEVER SAW HIM HERE!!!” everyone shouts.

“He’s always here. In fact he’s just right behind that door.” Kris points at Jongdae whose busy listening to his music from his iPhone while making coffee. Everyone looked at Jongdae, who doesn’t even know that everyone from the café is looking at him. /by the way, no one is in the café except for them. It’s closed right now and Jongdae was just there because he wants to practice his barista skills/

“HOW COME WE NEVER NOTICED HIM?!” everyone questions once again.

“Do you guys have the same brain and you guys just asked the same question for the third time now. And my ears are starting to bleed.” Kris growls, Tao just gives him a kiss on the cheek making him to calm down.

“Anyway, to answer that question, he’s always here at the morning to brew some coffee then he goes to school at 10 then goes back here at 5. That’s why you guys never saw him. Because you’re always here in between 2 to 4, and Minseok doesn’t even know him because he’s here during Tuesdays and Saturdays.”

And everyone said their ‘ah’s’ and ‘oh’s’.

“Jongdae only knew Tao since Tao is always here and he knew that Tao’s my boyfriend. Any questions?”

“Can we meet him?” Luhan asked.

“That’s a favor not a question Lu-ge.”

“Whatever, so are you going to introduce him right now to us or not?”

“Fine. Wait here.” Kris stands up and Tao takes Kris’ seat.

 

 

Kris went to the area where Jongdae is, he tap Jongdae’s shoulder and Jongdae stops on what he’s doing and look at his step-brother.

“Oh! You’re here?”

“Yes. I’ve been here for an hour now.”

“Really? I didn’t even notice it.”

“Never mind it. Anyway, I want you to meet my friends. They’re really curious about you.”

“Eh? Why?”

“Uhm.. Because they couldn’t believe that I have a step-brother?”

“That’s… weird? Anyway, sure! Where are they?”

 

 

After five minutes of waiting and imagining what Jongdae looks like, Kris finally came back with a stranger on his back. He’s a lot smaller than Kris though. But look at those sharp jawline, his cheekbones, his cat-like lips, and his chocolate brown hair. Wow.

“So guys, this is Jongdae. My step-brother.”

“Hi! The name is Jongdae, Kris’ half-bro.” when Jongdae got to introduce himself, all of them started to open their mouths and bombard the poor latter some questions.

“How old are you?”

“Are you single?”

“What course are you taking?”

“Are you cool as me?”

“The , Chanyeol?”

“What!”

“Are you interested in guys?”

“Are you gay or bi?”

“WOAH WOAH WOAH! Slow down people!” Jongdae says and everybody shuts up once more.

“To answer all of your questions, first of, I’m already 20 years old. Yes I am single, I’m taking up Journalism. Maybe you’re a lot cooler than I do. And yes I’m interested with guys. And I’m gay.”

“Oh.”

“Wow.”

“Ha-how?”

“Told you guys he’s cool as me!!”

“Shut it Yeol!” Kyungsoo says.

“So? May I know what your names are?” And then everyone introduce themselves one by one to Jongdae, they’ve got know each and everyone in just one day. And Kris was right. You’ll never get bored once you get to know Jongdae. He’s a pretty cool, open-minded, has that super awesome sense of humor but he’s pretty low-profile. He also sings! He’s one of the members on the Choir club at the university where Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are in. /plus point for that awesome talent and looks!/

“REALLY? You’re part of the Choir club? But how come we never saw you in our rehearsals?” Kyungsoo asked.

“I’m one of the officers actually. And since I have classes on our practice during Fridays, I asked the president if I could re-sched mine and the others who are irregular students every Saturday at 1.”

“You’re an Irregular student?” Jongin asked

“I just transferred here last year. I was studying originally in China and my mom asked me to move here in Korea already. I can’t say no to her, so here I am now.”

“Don’t you have any boyfriend there?” Sehun questioned.

“Naaah. I don’t have, but I was courting someone there before, but he dumped me. Which was ok since I saw him ing someone from the volleyball team, like ew no. Nah-ah. Turn off.”

Everyone started to laugh at that then Jongdae starts to tell some jokes, and he did some magic tricks, another extra point for it!

So after a long conversation and jokes, Luhan suddenly offers something to Jongdae.

“Hey Jongdae, are you interested on a blind date?”

“Hmm… well, actually it’s a yes and a no.”

“Huh?”

“Why?”

 “Well I have my reasons.”

“Can you state them?”

“To make it short and simple, no because if I really want someone, I’d rather do the traditional way of courting like – let’s be acquaintances first, then get-to-know stage, then friends until we end up liking each other. And yes because I think it would be fun. But I doubt it at some point. I’m not really confident about it.”

“Woah, that’s –“

“Deep.”

 “You’re definitely perfect for my brother!” Joonmyun says.

“Wait? You want me to date your brother?”

Tao tried to explain it much clearly to Jongdae (about Minseok and what he did for all of them and his previous experience in life), and Jongdae understands it. He smiles when he saw Minseok cute picture on Jongin’s mobile.

“He’s cute.”

“I know right! If I had a chance I’d court him.” Tao says.

“Ya! You can’t!” you’re mine!” Kris pouts and hugs Tao much tighter. And everyone just gasp on this side of Kris. Well except for Tao and Jongdae.

“ Why aren’t you surprised about Kris’ is acting?” Sehun asked randomly.

“He’s always like that. Especially when Tao needs to go home, he’ll be so clingy for good 20 minutes before letting Tao go. Anyway, Taozi, I’m pretty interested to this Kim Minseok guy. When can I meet him?”

 

And everyone smiled and celebrated.

“YESU!! WE’VE GOT A MAN FOR OUR PRECIOUS MINSEOKKIEE!!”

 

Then the group started to make a plan. 



◘◘Author's Note◘◘

HAHAHAHA! Sorry for the long wait. It was hard for me to finish this (it's been a while since I lasted wrote a fic and I haven't finish my other one. I I know.). This the part 1 though. I'll make it a two-shot fic rather than one (again). Sorry for the wrong grammar and stuff. I tried to make it a little bit funny. Hope it is funny and cute (?). I tried ok? hi hi hii! 

Thanks for Subscribing! (Even if it ) ha ha ha!! 

-meanieekoala