Part 1

What happened to us?

Yixing was in a bad mood again. Today all 12 boys had gone as a group for another radio interview and he had to sit through yet another episode of Lu-ge playing footsie with Xiumin. Why, oh, why does it always happen this way? Yixing has nothing against Xiumin but ever since they started performing as 12, it’s like Luhan’s attention has been taken away from him. He hardly gets to spend time with him anymore. Those two are always in the corner giggling away, thick as thieves. It used to be that when they were going out, Lu-ge would always watch out for him, for instance, in the airport he would wait for him to catch up, grab his arm and keep him close…at the end of a tv show he would stick around and pull Yixing off the stage when he got carried away greeting the fans… now, he does none of that. Instead, he waits for Xiumin…cuddles Xiumin, plays soccer with Xiumin, and goes for bubble tea with Xiumin. Xiumin, Xiumin, Xiumin! Yixing was sick of it to the point that he could barely spare a kind word for the poor hyung of the group confusing the heck out of him (and you can tell since his cute baozi face is so expressive). 

The trip home was a quiet one for everyone as they were all exhausted with promotions for their new release, Growl.  He kept his ears plugged playing some of his favourite Chinese music, and his eyes closed. Since this was his normal modus operandi, no one made special note of it and he was left to wallow in misery in peace. As soon as they got to the dorms, he jumped out of the van first and carried his backpack straight to the room he shared with Chen and Luhan. He dropped all his stuff shed his clothes and headed straight into the bathroom to try and wash off his emotions telling himself to just shake it off, just let it go. They made no promises to each other except that of brotherhood, to never let each other be alone, to stand by each other…did Luhan forget? How? Why? He jumped in the shower, turning on the water at full blast and just started crying. How long he stayed in there, he could not say but long after his skin had turned to a prune and the others had given up banging on the door to get him out, he finally stopped crying and stepped out tiredly. After drying himself off slowly he fell into his bed to sleep, since there was nothing scheduled for the rest of the day.

He woke up to see Chen sitting by his bed with a concerned look on his face.

“Xing hyung, are you okay?”

“Ughhh, my head is killing me” Yixing clutched his head and turned his back to Chen, “please leave me alone, I am too tired right now.”

“Is it your back?” Chen asked worriedly

“No!” Yixing grimaced, then turned to give a strained smile to Chen, “It’s nothing, I’m fine, just go”

Chen was silent for a bit then said, “Is it Luhan hyung?”

Yixing gaped at him for a long moment.

“I know you have feelings for him. Hyung, you think I don’t know you? We lived together for months, I know you now,” Chen said with a twisted smile

“How….what…when…” Yixing snapped his jaws shut and fell back against the bed. “Even you can see it but he can’t.” he said bitterly.

“Hyung, he has not abandoned you. You are being extreme. He is just enjoying a newfound friendship with someone that he never expected. I cannot really explain their friendship to be honest, but I know he still cares very much about you.” Chen said earnestly.

“How could you know that? He does not notice me anymore; even when I am standing next to him, he only has eyes for Xiumin. It’s not Xiumin’s fault I know…he is a nice guy and I like him too…. I just can’t help blaming him. Actually, I blame them both. Ughh, I don’t knowwww!” Yixing buried his head under the pillow with a groan. Chen chuckled.

“Are you laughing at me??” Yixing said incredulously

“Hyung, you are such a drama queen! So unexpected!” Chen burst into laughter.

Yixing eyed him for a bit then gave in and grinned which turned into a full-blown guffaw.

The two rolled on the bed for a bit laughing and when he finally calmed down, Yixing wiped his eyes and thanked Chen.

“You helped improve my mood. Chen-Chen, you are the mood maker for Exo M if anything.”

Chen smiled then bit his lip.

“Hyung, I wasn’t sure if I should tell you this but Luhan was worried about you just now…he asked me to come and check on you actually.”

Yixing drew back and stared at Chen, “Why didn’t you tell me this before?”

Chen frowned, “I-I-I…. honestly, I wanted you to regain yourself before going outside. I don’t want you to depend on him so much, Hyung. You need to be more confident about yourself; you are just as brilliant as he is. More so even!” he said earnestly

Yixing stared at him slack-jawed. “I…. don’t know what to say.”

“How long have you been thinking this way, Chen?”

“For a while now but I was not sure how to tell you and you seemed to be getting more and more depressed. It will be good for you to show Luhan hyung again that you are a strong independent person. I think that he likes when you are yourself, 4D and all. He will start following you around again. Just watch and see.”

Yixing was quiet for a while, thinking. He took a breath and said, “Ok, I will try that for a bit and see what happens. Stay close though in case I need back up, alright?”

“Sure hyung!” Chen grinned and pulled him out of the bed.

Yixing steadied himself then walked to the door and opened it.