Jessi-unnie

Blurring Borders

It was only 10 p.m. but all the lights of the flat that she shared with her sister, save for the one by the doorway, were already off when Krystal got back from a tiring, normal day. Jessica must already be holed up in her room, sleeping, reading one of her a thousand romance novels or fashion magazines, uploading cute selcas on her weibo, talking with her… best friend, or doing whatever she does every night. Anyways, her sister had remembered to keep at least one light on, after that time last week when Krystal had bumped into the leg of their sofa while stumbling in the dark and tore her toenail. The thought brought a smile to her otherwise expressionless face; she was too worn-out to even think, but this little caring action warmed her heart nevertheless. With only the moonlight spilling into the living room through the cracks in the curtains to aid her, Krystal maneuvered her way slowly towards the bedrooms. A soft yellow light peeking out of the slight gap between her sister’s bedroom door and their parquet attracted her attention. Krystal stopped en route, deciding to check on Jessica before she went to bed.

“Unnie?” She called out softly in case her sister was really already asleep.

A soft “hmmm?” answered her call. She opened the unlocked door slightly and peeked through the opening. Jessica was already in bed, leaning against the headboard, her phone in her hand, just as Krystal had predicted. The older Jung smiled when she saw her little sister looking at her with wide curious eyes and beckoned her over.

“Kryssie, how was your date?” Jessica asked her as she moved over to give Krystal some space to sit beside her.

Krystal felt an eyebrow twitch at the name. Usually, if any Korean called her by her English name, she would grimace. But this wasn’t any other person. This was Jessica, and Krystal would never frown at her, especially when she was calling her with that special nickname.

“It was okay,” Krystal replied. “Taemin-oppa was sweet as usual. We went for dinner at my favourite restaurant. And then we were supposed to take a stroll in the park but it started raining so he took me to his house. He made me hot chocolate with marshmallows, we watched an episode of some sappy drama, and then he walked me home.”

Jessica smiled as her sister recounted her day and pulled the taller girl into her arms to cuddle together. Krystal let her sister curl up against her; she was just beginning to feel cold with Jessica’s aircon on full blast as usual but her sister gave her the perfect warmth that reached all way into the depths of her heart. She would walk through the polar regions during a blizzard, she decided, if she could have Jessica with her like this throughout the journey.

“That sounds fun,” Jessica commented, a little mindlessly, before she reached up a hand to gently cradle Krystal’s cheek. “Then why do you look so sad?”

Krystal closed her eyes to avoid the probing gaze but unconsciously leaned into her sister’s warm touch.

“I’m not sad.”

Jessica slowly traced along Krystal’s eyes, watching as the eyelids fluttered under her fingers.

“Soojung-ah…”

“Jessi, he tried to kiss me today.”

“And what did you do?”

“I avoided.”

The fingers were now tracing her lips and Krystal squeezed her eyes shut tighter.

“And why did you do that?”

Jessica’s soft voice filled up Krystal’s ears and mind. That was all she could hear, her sister’s loving eyes and beautiful smile were all that she could see in the back of her eyes.

“Because…” Krystal found herself unable to speak further.

“You can tell me everything, my baby.” The hand now rested against the top of her chest. Krystal worried if her sister could feel her heart thumping beat by beat, unsteadily.

“Because I don’t love him. Not like he loves me. I don’t want to lose my first kiss to someone I know I don’t love. I want someone who I will love forever to have my first kiss.”

Jessica chuckled at Krystal’s slightly dazed and confused explanation. She tickled her sister under her chin teasingly like one would to a cute kitten before cupping Krystal’s face in her hands to make her look at her.

“If that’s what you really want, then you should follow your heart.”

“Jessi?”

“Hmm?”

Krystal opened her eyes. Jessica was smiling at her, so understanding, so loving.

“Do you love me?”

Jessica’s eyes crinkled at the corners as her smile widened.

“What kind of question is that? Of course I do.”

“Will you love me forever?”

“Of course I will. You’re my one and only little Kryssie. Unnie loves you very much.”

“Then Jessi, will you kiss me?”

A moment of silence passed.

“Kiss me.”

Krystal’s eyes widened at the command but before she could react, her sister’s soft lips were already upon hers. It was a peck, it lasted about a second, but it was enough for a something inside Krystal’s heart to bloom. Krystal held onto Jessica’s shoulders and pressed joined their lips back together. She felt like she was finally complete with her sister, like this.

“There! Now you can go around kissing all the boys you want!” Jessica grinned at the stupefied Krystal and then frowned at her own words. “I don’t really mean that of course. You shouldn’t go around kissing every boy. Or girl, if you’re like me. Soojung? Kryssie? Hello? Tiffany says I’m a good kisser but baby sis? You okay?”

Krystal blinked and stared at her sister. “Huh? Yeah. Unnie, I’m fine. You’re great.”

“Of course I’m great. I’m Jessica Jung.”

Jessica chuckled at herself and Krystal giggled along for the sake of it.

“Unnie?”

“Yeah?”

“I love you.”

“I know you do, Kryssie.”

“You’re the best,” Krystal confessed as she pulled Jessica closer for a hug. “… sister.”

“I’m your one and only big Jung. Of course I have to be the best for my little Jung.”

A moment of silence passed.

“Jessi?”

“Hmm?”

Krystal saw Jessica’s phone light up with an incoming call. “Tiffany-unnie’s calling you.”

Babycakes <3

Jessica’s face lit up as she picked up her phone from the bed. Her smile turned tender, a different kind of loving.

“Kryssie, I’m going out with Tiff for a while. You should go to bed now.”

Jessica ruffled her younger sister’s hair affectionately and got up from the bed. She kissed her cheek as goodbye.

“Good night.”

“Night…”

It felt cold, it felt empty. Jessica left her, taking her smile along with her.

Jessi-unnie. Her Jessica unnie. Her only and only beloved sister. Her lovely unnie. Her love.

 

 

A/N: hello! :) this is my first time writing jungsis. how was it? i was pretty nervous to upload this one cuz well i dunno reader's take on , so i kept it light.. i didnt really feel comfortable either. 

anyways, jungsis is my guilty pleasure.

and the border between different types of loves is a question that i am always curious about so this short oneshot came to b

hope u guys liked it.

plz comment, upvote, spread the love~