25장

Irony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Better rested and with breakfast in my stomach, I arrived at school the next day. Everyone was hyper over the pending basketball game happening a few hours away later that day. I had no intentions of attending, so it was of no importance to me and I merely headed to my class early and waited for the teacher to come. I had been thinking of the previous day when on the bus with Oh Sehun when the old man finally walked in and announced class was starting and latecomers were to go straight to the office.

I just didn’t understand why Oh Sehun would suddenly speak to me. Sure, he was probably curious as to how I knew, but all it took was a bit of thinking and connecting the dots and he could obviously figure out the answer. But he didn’t speak angrily, or insult me, or even glare at me. He asked his question, got his answer, and left. Maybe it was because of the fact that he needed to get off the bus at his stop and he was in a hurry with no time to bully me. I just didn’t see it that way.

“Choi Eunhui! Wake up,” Teacher Sung bellowed before turning to write something on the board. A few students snickered. I frowned and focused my eyes forward instead of at my desk, making it seem as if I was paying full attention unlike before when I had looked like I was dozing off. The rest of the lesson passed in a blur, as did the several after that. Before long, it was lunch time and I ate in the hallway alone. It was only after I had finished my food, feeling satisfied, that someone appeared. Several someones.

“It’s obvious our school will win and even if we don’t we’ll still celebrate, so my place tomorrow night, just us guys,” Luhan was saying, Kim Minseok following along behind him as he walked to his locker. He threw me a glance as I sat on my spot in the floor, but continued his conversation with his friend. “Not everyone is coming, just our small group. Don’t pass it on, I don’t want that weird kid coming.”

Minseok chuckled. “There’s several weird kids on the team, Luhan,” he stated, leaning on the lockers beside Luhan’s as he opened his and gathered his needed books.

“That one guy, Himchan, you know?” he said, snapping his fingers without looking at Minseok.

He nodded. “Ahh, yeah. He is a strange one . . . .” I looked away when he looked in my direction. Pretending I hadn’t heard anything, I got off the floor and reached for my locker.

“Hey, chubby,” Luhan called out, turning around to face me. I frowned but only got a teasing laugh in return. “Even though it’s the weekend, I’ll pay full price if you come entertain at our small get together tomorrow night,” he proposed. Minseok’s lips twitched but he elbowed Luhan and looked away from me. “Sehun will be there,” Luhan added.

I made a face. “Sorry, we’re not really on speaking terms right now. Maybe next time,” I retorted, turning my back to him and opening my locker. I heard Minseok chuckle and Luhan grumbling under his breath at him. I just wished Minseok would use that powerful kick of his on Luhan’s face just one good time.

It was only a couple of hours later that everyone was back in their respective classes, waiting impatiently for the bell to ring and signal the start of the pep rally. It was still half an hour until that, but I was also bouncing on the edge of my seat, only for different reasons. My bladder was shrieking for me to give it some relief and it didn’t want to wait another thirty minutes. Crossing my legs tightly, I raised my hand and caught the teacher’s attention.

“May I go to the restroom?” I requested, clenching my thighs together tightly, praying I didn’t wet my pants.

Rolling her eyes, my history teacher gave me a pass and told me to hurry back. I barely bowed before hurrying out of the door and half sprinting down the hallway. Knocking the door out of my way, I bombarded into the bathroom, scaring the cheerleaders half to death as they prepared for the pep rally.

“What’s her problem?” one of them whispered as I ran into a stall. A few of them giggled.

Finally feeling relieved and safe from peeing on myself, I exited the stall and made way for the sink that wasn’t covered in various makeups and hair products. How much Etude House makeup could they possibly own? I the sink, glancing at Kim Taeyeon in the mirror as she helped one of the girls touch up her eyeliner. They got out of class half an hour before the pep rally only to fix their makeup. I always thought that privilege was ridiculous.

“What are you staring at? Sad you’ll always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter