A Simple Request

A Game of Fate

"I know you don't like her but at least be nice to her. She seems to be nice anyway."

Jiyong just looked at her mom without any expression on his face.

“Ji, she doesn’t have any family or friends and you know that.” her mom added in a comforting tone.

“I know.”

“ So, can you do that?”

“ Ok.” he nodded but not looking at his mom.

His mother smiled and messed his hair.

***********

It’s been a tiring day for Dara. She did the laundry and cleaned the house. It’s almost afternoon when she finished all the chores. She sat on the sofa and leaned her back for a while. She wasn’t aware that she already dozed off. It’s already dark when she woke up. She then proceeded to take a shower.

After a while ..

“Uh--”. She was surprised to see Jiyong inside her room. She doesn’t wear anything except for a towel. She quickly grabbed her robe that was just beside her to cover her body.

Jiyong cleared his throat. He wasn’t expecting to see Dara in that state.

“ Uh-mm, sorry for not knocking. The door is open so I - ”

“ Don’t worry, so do you need something? I thought you’re not going home tonight. ” she cut him.

“The shoot was postponed. ” he said.

“Ah. Did you eat already?”

“Not yet.”

She lightly scratched her head.

“I didn’t prepare any for today, sorry. You must be hungry now.”

“Well, Yeah. I brought some food, actually. I know you’re not cooking today.”

“Eh?” she wasn’t expecting that.

“You’re not eating well these days. You look pale. You should pay attention to your health.” he said.

She just looked in him confused.

“You better change now. I’ll go prepare the food.” he then turned his back and closed the door before leaving.

Dara just watched his back as he left.

Later ..

“Can I ask you something?” Dara asked.

“What?”

“Uhm, why are you being nice to me all of a sudden?”

He stopped munching the food and looked at her. He doesn’t want to tell her that his mom told him to do so.

“Do I need to answer that?”

“It’s fine if you don’t want to. It’s just weird.”

“It’s because –

“Someone told you I guess.” She poured a juice in her glass.

“No. It’s – because -- you’re -- my wife.” He wasn’t comfortable when he said that.

‘Did he just say that? His wife?’

Dara smirked. She was not used to this. Something must be wrong.

“Really? Since when did you call me your wife?” Dara ask in a mocking tone. She can’t believe what she just heard.

Jiyong pretended not hearing her and finished his food.

“I’ll wash the dishes tonight so don’t bother yourself. And oh, I don’t want any leftovers.” he said instead.

“Do you want me to eat all of this?”

“Yep.”