01

Dreaming Aloud

" Do you like being here?"
The question unnerved Jinki out of his thoughts; he turned his head to the side and raised a questioning eyebrow at his best friend. 
"What?"
His best friend, Jonghyun, shook his head at him chuckling and grinning to himself before repeating his question again. 
" I said, do you like it here?" 
Jinki was silent. He didn't know how to answer. He never really contemplated about it; truthfully it never even crossed his mind. But when do you ever have time to think when the world is practically hanging off your shoulders? Rarely or even barely to put it. It was the reason why Jinki was so taken back by the question. They were elemental guardians. They were powerful beings and were always on the move keeping check of the world's balance  between Earth and the humans.They controlled everything and anything related to nature from trees to the steams to the oceans to the wildlife; they monitored them and everything around the world. They could easily just snap their fingers and a volcano could erupt in the sky and destroy a whole village in less than a minute. Really it was that easy, but of course they would never do such a thing. Expect when Key goes into one his moods then you've got Doomsday happening all over again. But did he really like what he was doing? He didn't have a choice but was he really satisfied with his life; being an almighty god had it's ups and downs, but in end he didn't know. 
Jinki shrugged nonchalantly deeming the action spoke a thousand words for itself.
 Jonghyun tiled his head the side; studying him for a scrutinizing moment. 
" Being us is never easy: we have the world in our hands and everyday we have to balance the good and evil in it or else everything else will go spiraling down and crumble to pieces.The pressure gets to you somehow it's just a matter of time where and when it'll bite you in the neck."He looked down towards the bustling city before them. The wind blew in their faces as they stood atop of their kingdom. The blue skies floated over them creating a soothing tranquility in their 
not-so-peaceful-life. 
" I envy them sometimes. Their lives are so easy, so simple compared to ours. They don't have a care in the world. They don't have a list of responsibilities that line up the minute they're born. They don't have the pressure to be perfect everyday. They don't have-" 
" Where are you going with this?" interrupted  Jinki meeting his eyes head on. 
Jonghyun sighed dejectedly straying his eyes away from Jinki. 
" I want to be like them," he confessed. " Just once I want to feel like a normal human. To cry and feel like one. To live through their lives and experience the world we created and balance everyday. It may be selfish but can't I be selfish just once too?" Jonghyun's eyes fastened on him. His face pained and dreaded with guilt; pleading silently for resolution. 
Jinki took his hand coiling their hands together giving a tight squeeze and comforting smile in return. 
"  It's not selfish, Jonghyun. Trust me what you have is far from selfishness. Do you want to hear a secret?"
Jonghyun nodded slowly his eyes shining with mild curiosity of  a child. Jinki smirked to himself. "Something things never change"he thought amusedly.  
" Humans are fragile they're easy to corrupt and easily influenced but even through all of that. They still have a belief to believe and dream. Humans dream far beyond their imagination. They desire, they lust, and they wish for things they can't have or want to have in their lives. It keeps them hoping for their desires to truly become real. It drives them and motivates them to make it true. All you have to do is dream, Jonghyun. Although it won't happen today, it will happen someday. Just dream, Jonghyun and I promise you it'll come true in the end. 
" How do you know, Hyung?"
Jinki smiled at him; his eyes disappearing into smiles of their own. 
" Cause I promised it. Don't worry it'll come true in the end maybe not now but in the future there's a possibility. Trust me on this when has your Hyung ever let you down?" he grinned. 
Jonghyun laughed; a real laugh that sounded throughout their glass kingdom. 
" Never, but you will come with me right?" 
Jinki squeezed his hand realizing that their hands were still locked. 
" Of course I will. I can't let you go crazy off on your own you know."
" Good. I thought I was going to drag to you to come with me."
Jinki snorted. 
" Good luck with that."